Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 09:18 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,649,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
Actually no.

The people who build them (I have myself) are hobbiests.
It's no different than restoring a hot rod.

Criminals will steal or buy stolen guns, they aren't much on the WORK required to end with a decent end product.

There are websites dedicated to these LEGAL HOBBIES. And despite your wish to illegally keep people from practicing their constitutional rights, the point which has already been stated is IT WON'T WORK.

Everyone I've ever met (and I've met dozens if not hundreds) who have 'rollled their own' have already owned firearms.

And I since you decide to ignore it... Being a far right nut is protected, just like your right to be a left wing loony is protected every day by men with guns.
Your welcome.
Well then you can answer the question. Do they work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 09:18 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
Actually no.

The people who build them (I have myself) are hobbiests.
It's no different than restoring a hot rod.

Criminals will steal or buy stolen guns, they aren't much on the WORK required to end with a decent end product.

There are websites dedicated to these LEGAL HOBBIES. And despite your wish to illegally keep people from practicing their constitutional rights, the point which has already been stated is IT WON'T WORK.

Everyone I've ever met (and I've met dozens if not hundreds) who have 'rollled their own' have already owned firearms.

And I since you decide to ignore it... Being a far right nut is protected, just like your right to be a left wing loony is protected every day by men with guns.
Your welcome.
Preeeeeeecisely...constructing a gun is no different than rebuilding a transmission. Hobbies.

The icing on the cake? "Your" welcome.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:19 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I'm sure their shafts still get the job done for what is needed.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:22 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Mine work great, thousands and thousands of rounds later.

Old 03-02-2013, 10:59 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Did you bother to read the article or as is typical here only the title and comment based on ignorance of content?

NFN statistics show Muslims like to kill here in America with knives, not guns, it not their style....
Or with box cutters, which are a type of knife.

3,000 people were killed on one day in 2001 with box cutters.

We should ban box cutters.

They kill people.

But it will never happen - it would put Fed Ex and UPS out of business.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:18 AM

5,730 posts, read 10,126,656 times
Quote:
I have not built them by downloading, and truth be told haven't built one in years.

But:
1. Yes they work (Made out of metal)
2. With the proper tools (And no the printer's arn't THAT expensive) they 'downloaded ones' do work... according to Draftsmen/CNC type guys I know.

About your (And the reporter's) sensationalizing 'Terrorists could download it!!!'

They have access to explosives (Highly regulated) and REAL ASSAULT WEAPONS (The Select fire kind)... which Honest Americans don't without submitting to basically a rectal probing and paying many 'fees' to the government. (Which is too bad, If you could buy dynamite like you used to (I was trained in it's use by your tax $) it would be cost effective for me to blast the rock away on my property and build an earthship, which is MUCH more green and sustainable than other construction methods... where I don't have to pay a professional blaster and all the licensing requirements by proxy... )

Prohibition didn't work, war on drugs didn't work, all these laws do is disarm the law abiding.
Breaking the law is ALREADY illegal!

Like murder... guess those mass murders didn't care!

Old 03-03-2013, 12:58 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
The interviewer asked him, "Well you do know that by posting these plans it means that a terrorist or a violent felon could use them to build a gun, and murder innocent people?" And his answer was along the lines of, yes I know that and I don't care. If I remember correctly he didn't believe in gun control of any kind. He's a nut.

I dont believe in any kind of gun control either. if you are in prison or on parole you dont get to use or own a firearm. if you have served your debt to society in its entirety, then you should get your 2nd Amendment back as well as any other right.

if you dont want a felon to have a firearm, then keep them in prison for life or after their release, keep them on parole for life.

gun control is there only to effect the already law abiding, as no criminal will follow the law anyway.

I dont see anywhere in the 2nd Amendment where it says if you are convicted of a crime you dont get your rights back.

Old 03-03-2013, 06:11 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Hooray! Now every insane criminal Muslim illegal immigrant will be able to have a gun too. America F--- Yeah!
You do realize, you require an expensive 3D printer, a computer, and materials, right?

You can't just download, print to a laser printer at the library and go shoot someone.

Old 03-03-2013, 06:20 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
The free market is and always will be 10 steps ahead of bureaucrats.

Old 03-03-2013, 06:21 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
You do realize, you require an expensive 3D printer, a computer, and materials, right?

You can't just download, print to a laser printer at the library and go shoot someone.
Let them go ahead with their fantasies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies