Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 06:22 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,791,925 times

Advertisements

#1 According to one brand new survey, 24 percent of all Americans have more credit card debt than money in the bank.

#2 J.C. Penney was once an unstoppable retail powerhouse, but now J.C. Penney has just posted its lowest annual retail sales in more than 20 years...

#3 In the United States today, a new car has become out of reach for most middle class Americans according to the 2013 Car Affordability Study...

#4 The founder of Subway Restaurants, Fred Deluca, says that the recent tax increases are having a noticeable impact on his business...

#5 Many other large restaurant chains are also struggling in this tough economic environment...

Consumer Spending Drought: 16 Signs That The Middle Class Is Running Out Of Money
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 06:26 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,504,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
#1 According to one brand new survey, 24 percent of all Americans have more credit card debt than money in the bank.

#2 J.C. Penney was once an unstoppable retail powerhouse, but now J.C. Penney has just posted its lowest annual retail sales in more than 20 years...

#3 In the United States today, a new car has become out of reach for most middle class Americans according to the 2013 Car Affordability Study...

#4 The founder of Subway Restaurants, Fred Deluca, says that the recent tax increases are having a noticeable impact on his business...

#5 Many other large restaurant chains are also struggling in this tough economic environment...

Consumer Spending Drought: 16 Signs That The Middle Class Is Running Out Of Money
I thought cash for clunkers, the stimulus and Obamacare made things better for the middle class?

Must be we didn't spend enough on those programs.

According to liberals spending other people's money makes one wealthy.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:27 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,192,548 times
Many people never HAD money. A lot of people have consumer debt. The economy was running on borrowed time.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:27 PM

33,943 posts, read 22,378,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post

I'm not surprised. Nothing has 'trickled down' to middle class in the past 15 years .

Old 03-02-2013, 06:31 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,192,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
I thought cash for clunkers, the stimulus and Obamacare made things better for the middle class?

Actually cash for clunkers was good for the auto industry and the anti-global warming agenda...

...At the cost of affordable cars for poor people...

Cash for clunkers SLAUGHTERED the used car market, and that' can't be good for the middle class or the poor class. The stimulus had MANY dollars taken from the taxpayers and given to Obama's friends...

...And later the Obama care mandate will hit us in the pocket directly, through sudden insurance premium hikes and the mandate.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Many people never HAD money. A lot of people have consumer debt. The economy was running on borrowed time.
I ran my finances like that for a few years.

Then I stopped buying everything on credit and paid cash.

Don't always get everything I think I want but I have peace of mind which better than an iPhone anyday.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:33 PM

33,943 posts, read 22,378,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post

You want to blame one person but the middle class has been getting squeezed for the past 20 years. It is all coming home to roost while the "job creators" continue to hoard their wealth and stagnate this economy. We will thrive together or decline together.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:37 PM

20,889 posts, read 19,345,190 times
Fortunately, Obama and the liberals will save us by spending our grandchildren's money to revive the economy.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Actually cash for clunkers was good for the auto industry and the anti-global warming agenda...

...At the cost of affordable cars for poor people...

Cash for clunkers SLAUGHTERED the used car market, and that' can't be good for the middle class or the poor class. The stimulus had MANY dollars taken from the taxpayers and given to Obama's friends...

...And later the Obama care mandate will hit us in the pocket directly, through sudden insurance premium hikes and the mandate.
Yep.

I think cash for clunkers took so many used cars and parts off the market that the survivors increased in cost by 10%.

But that didn't hurt the poor. It's not like they buy used cars or parts or anything. lols.

Cash for Clunkers is the perfect example of politicians making economic decisions based on politics instead of economics. And the poor are always the ones that get ****ed.

As long as enough voters think something sounds good the politician will do it no matter who it hurts.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:39 PM

44,987 posts, read 26,136,569 times
And all that money being printed too...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies