Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 10:08 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,252,518 times

Advertisements

And Obama used Sandy to make promises to the victims of...that he had NO intention of keeping? What an A*SS. And those who fell for it? I have no words for their naivete, and that includes Chris Christie.

Where are the calls for Obama's head on a platter going on FIVE MONTHS after Sandy? Bush was painted the evil villain hours after Katrina hit b/c the organized military and rescue teams couldn't PHYSICALLY get to them (when the libs wanted them to) b/c the gov of LA & mayor of NOLA screwed up before Katrina even hit.

Obama promised the world to Sandy victims...with no red tape. What a JOKE.

Does anyone not directly affected have a CLUE what is going on with Sandy victims any longer?

You probably don't. The majority are not minorities (yet they lost what little they did have) so there is NO interest by the media, let alone HBO to make a series like "Treme" out of it.

Hurricane Sandy Victims Beg For Help - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=byrVKahJPhY

What's Obama got to say? Watch clips of his wife doing the "mom dance" on Jimmy Fallon? Check out her dress at the Oscars?

Where did his sincerity and concern go so quickly? What has the media and the liberals who held Bush responsible for Katrina failures the second she hit forgotten????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 10:21 PM

20,124 posts, read 16,144,906 times
They aren't talking about Sandy because they still haven't figured out a way to blame it on Bush yet.

Old 03-02-2013, 10:30 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times
Even though its already been proven that most of the blame on everything Katrina should be at the local level, which of course was democrat and well, that doesnt fit the media narrative.

I am all for calling out whoever for screwing up and what not. But I continue to get extremely frustrated and angry with press/hollywood who continue to lie and ignore. They cover for one side as best they can, but are like vultures if someone on the Right screws up or does wrong. And believe it or not, that does indeed affect how people vote and view things. If all they know is the little they hear here and there, than that is how they will live their lives and make decisions.

The media and hollywood are not just irresponsible, but they are a bunch of corrupt, hypocritical liars.

Old 03-02-2013, 10:44 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
They aren't talking about Sandy because they still haven't figured out a way to blame it on Bush yet.
True, that.

Crazy country we're living in.

You can't fix stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Even though its already been proven that most of the blame on everything Katrina should be at the local level, which of course was democrat and well, that doesnt fit the media narrative.

I am all for calling out whoever for screwing up and what not. But I continue to get extremely frustrated and angry with press/hollywood who continue to lie and ignore. They cover for one side as best they can, but are like vultures if someone on the Right screws up or does wrong. And believe it or not, that does indeed affect how people vote and view things. If all they know is the little they hear here and there, than that is how they will live their lives and make decisions.

The media and hollywood are not just irresponsible, but they are a bunch of corrupt, hypocritical liars.
Those would be the democrat low information voters, in spades.

Old 03-02-2013, 10:44 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,252,518 times
It's absolutely pathetic.

The local levels of gov't in LA were absolutely to blame for what they let happen to NOLA, etc. But that didn't stop every liberal in the land (and Kayne West, at his best...the idiot he is) from blaming Bush.

People are (still) suffering miserably from Sandy, and the media (as well as many others) have not only turned a blind eye, they've let Obama off the hook, and couldn't care LESS.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:24 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Katrina and Sandy aren't comparable.

But honestly, WHEN WILL THE BOOMERS DITCH THE POLITICAL PARTIES?? I mean come on.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:43 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,644 times
Im way over here in Texas we dont get East coast local news...

Before, durring, and way after katrina we had hundreds and hundreds of evacuees comming and comming...Sheltering here and even moving here. So katrina was well covered.

I would think it would be up to local media to carry the story and ask the governors of the states WHY...
It should be the local new affiliate asking the NBCs, and the CBSes, and ABC why aren't you covering this story more?

My grandmother used to say..."God does not hear those that do not speak up"

Old 03-03-2013, 05:18 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
Were there people sitting on their roofs for 2 or 3 days waiting to get rescued after Sandy? Generally speaking,a storm that kills 2,000 people will get more attention than one that kills 50 or so.That`s the way media works.

Old 03-03-2013, 06:31 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
And yet, here are the stories I have read or seen in the past day:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/02/ny...anted=all&_r=0

Red Hook businesses reopen following Hurricane Sandy

Despite $35M in Hurricane Sandy damage, portions of Sandy Hook to re-open May 1 | NJ.com

No doubt there are more such stories. However, the world does move on. New events (sequester, North Korea, etc) happen and are reported on. I would think it strange if President Obama (or any other President) continually held press conferences or whatever to talk about Hurricane Sandy.

Old 03-03-2013, 09:44 AM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Did ya watch "When The Levies Broke"?

If a storm hits people would do better to rely on themselves.

Local governments have a duty to educate their citizens.

Some people did not have the money to leave. That's when local needs to step in in a hurry.

Your local tv and radio get their licenses from the feds. They have to prove that they do community service. Lean on them to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies