Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 11:52 AM

26,346 posts, read 14,952,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
If you start a thread with a statement, then you should believe that statement. If you don't, then why post it?

Sorry, most threads started with no links or partisan hack links to back up statements are done by right-wingers.
If you want to call Maureen Callahan a liar and her editor that are suppose to confirm it before printing the anonymous source than that is fine. Stop chirping about all of the Bush anonymous sources then.

Are you also calling the WH female aides liars that say that Obama ignores and excludes female opinions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2013, 11:55 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,549,912 times
Obama is Nixon - he is tan, he is rested, he is ready.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:56 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,224,659 times
An op-ed, abbreviated from opposite the editorial page (though often mistaken for opinion-editorial), is a newspaper article that expresses the opinions of a named writer who is usually unaffiliated with the newspaper's editorial board. These are different from editorials (which are usually unsigned and written by editorial board members) and letters to the editor (which are submitted by readers of the journal or newspaper).

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion...5zuBZTiZ6aUL/0

Opinions are much like rectums, almost everyone has one.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:00 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,549,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
If you start a thread with a statement, then you should believe that statement. If you don't, then why post it?

Sorry, most threads started with no links or partisan hack links to back up statements are done by right-wingers.

Do you have a link to back up your unsupported claim that most threads started with no links or partisan hack links to back up statements are done by right-wingers?

Old 03-03-2013, 12:01 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,189,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Are you really simple enough to think that the press is a single entity?

FoxNews is not quite MSNBC...yes both distort...but both seek to affirm different beliefs of different viewers.

Team Obama demonized Joe the Plumber for simply asking an unscripted question to a man running for President of the United States. Think about that...what kind of country do we have, where a citizen cannot ask a reasonable question to a person seeking votes for the highest office?

Obama took away privileges from FoxNews previously.

Woodward said the WH tried to intimidate him.

Lanny Davis, former Clinton aide and public endorser of Obama, has come out and said that the WH tried to intimidate him.

Jonathan Alter has now said that the WH treated him poorly after he criticized Obama on MSNBC.

CBN's Brody has said that Obama aides have bullied him when he tried to ask challenging questions...although he adds that the aides feel like it is their job to protect the president.

Neil Munro was demonized for asking an unscripted question.
I don't think I'd be making "simple" comments, since my point obviously went flying right over your head, and you just made it again for me.

You've put out a nice little list of conservative AND mainstream press that has a problem with Obama--not just conservative press. Bob Woodward is an editor with the Washington Post. Lanny Davis might work in conservative media from time to time, but he's a Democrat. Jonathan Alter is a contributor for NBC and (gasp) MSNBC. The conservative media you've listed are FOX, CBN, and the Daily Caller. The tea party spent the entire last election screaming and yelling that the MSM was biased in favor of Obama, but--golly gosh--based on your own information, that relationship doesn't seem to be so cozy, does it? Ann Romney just blamed losing the election on the press. Which way is it? Are they fawning all over him or is it adversarial? As I said before, you don't get it both ways.

The claims the OP is making are once again, undocumented BS, just as the claims that the press just LOVED Obama were the same kind of crap. The press just wants to do their job and get a story. You tea party nuts have to turn everything into a conspiracy theory and it's getting really old--the craziest part is that when one side doesn't work, you just flip it to the other and pretend like it actually makes sense. I'm GLAD the press tangles with the president from time to time, because if they weren't, they wouldn't be doing their job.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
An op-ed, abbreviated from opposite the editorial page (though often mistaken for opinion-editorial), is a newspaper article that expresses the opinions of a named writer who is usually unaffiliated with the newspaper's editorial board. These are different from editorials (which are usually unsigned and written by editorial board members) and letters to the editor (which are submitted by readers of the journal or newspaper).

Beat the press - NYPOST.com

Opinions are much like rectums, almost everyone has one.
Maureen Callahan is an employee of the NY Post...this is her paid position...they don't let her write pure BS.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:02 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,224,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergofa View Post
Do you have a link to back up your unsupported claim that most threads started with no links or partisan hack links to back up statements are done by right-wingers?

I can, here's one.
More WH Press Abuse surfaces: female reporter called a "b***h" and a "C**t" by WH staffer in email
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Maureen Callahan is an employee of the NY Post...this is her paid position...they don't let her write pure BS.
Oh, I'm sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I won't belive anything like this about anyone without evidence. If there was/is an email it's there so show it. If it's not shown and no names can even be provided then it didn't happen. End of story. If they are provided then the individual who did it is the one to deal with.
THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^

Old 03-03-2013, 12:03 PM

37,097 posts, read 42,098,467 times
I won't belive anything like this about anyone without evidence. If there was/is an email it's there so show it. If it's not shown and no names can even be provided then it didn't happen. End of story. If they are provided then the individual who did it is the one to deal with.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I don't think I'd be making "simple" comments, since my point obviously went flying right over your head, and you just made it again for me.

You've put out a nice little list of conservative AND mainstream press that has a problem with Obama--not just conservative press. Bob Woodward is an editor with the Washington Post. Lanny Davis isn't exactly a conservative. Jonathan Alter is a contributor for NBC and (gasp) MSNBC. The conservative media you've listed are FOX, CBN, and the Daily Caller. The tea party spent the entire last election screaming and yelling that the MSM was biased in favor of Obama, but--golly gosh--based on your own information, that relationship doesn't seem to be so cozy, does it? Ann Romney just blamed losing the election on the press. Which way is it? Are they fawning all over him or is it adversarial? As I said before, you don't get it both ways.
Your point had no intellectual merit.

I said some media members accused the WH of intimidation.

You respond that someone else who isn't me...claims that the entire media loves Obama...therefore me and the someone else are both wrong. This is called a strawman argument that you just made.

P.S. Lanny Davis publicly supported Obama's election. He says he was intimidated by White House.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-03-2013 at 02:57 PM..

Old 03-03-2013, 12:23 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,509,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
I had a young reporter asking tough, important questions of an Obama Cabinet secretary,” says one DC veteran. “She was doing her job, and they were trying to bully her. In an e-mail, they called her the vilest names — *****, c--t, a--hole.” He complained and was told the matter would be investigated: “They were hemming and hawing, saying, ‘We’ll look into it.’ Nothing happened.”

An anonymous source, an unnamed reporter, an unnamed cabinet secretary, no evidence of the email or if the source received it, saw it, or just heard about it second hand. The right wing make stuff up so often nobody believes them when they cry wolf.
I'm still waiting for the left to prove Clarence Thomas or Herman Cain did anything wrong?

I think the left just made up stuff about them because they don't like black folk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies