Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 06:57 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I personally couldn't care less who thinks I'm racist. Most of the spewers are on my ignore list, anyway, so let 'em spew.

I got over the race thing a very long time ago.

When I first meet someone, that person gets a fair shake, with no preconceived notions. From that point on, it's up to the person to determine the course of my opinion. I wouldn't expect the 'no personal responsibility' crowd to understand that, though.
I wonder what Dale would say to me if she didn't have me on "ignore?" Do you think she would accuse me of being the "real racist?" Do you think she would accuse me of being "sexist?" Do you think she would announce that she is again done with me and put me back on "ignore?" These are the questions that keep me awake at night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 06:58 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Maureen Callahan is an employee of the NY Post...this is her paid position...they don't let her write pure BS.
This is the NY Post.
I take it you're not acquainted with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergofa View Post
Right or left, the press is supposed to challenge the president and all elected officials.

It is unacceptable for a president to shut this down.
And you have some kind of proof that this occurred?
Who shut anything down?

Old 03-04-2013, 07:00 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Are you really simple enough to think that the press is a single entity?

FoxNews is not quite MSNBC...yes both distort...but both seek to affirm different beliefs of different viewers.

Team Obama demonized Joe the Plumber for simply asking an unscripted question to a man running for President of the United States. Think about that...what kind of country do we have, where a citizen cannot ask a reasonable question to a person seeking votes for the highest office?

Obama took away privileges from FoxNews previously.

Woodward said the WH tried to intimidate him.

Lanny Davis, former Clinton aide and public endorser of Obama, has come out and said that the WH tried to intimidate him.

Jonathan Alter has now said that the WH treated him poorly after he criticized Obama on MSNBC.

CBN's Brody has said that Obama aides have bullied him when he tried to ask challenging questions...although he adds that the aides feel like it is their job to protect the president.

Neil Munro was demonized for asking an unscripted question.
Have you seen any recent Woodward interviews? He is backtracking all over the place and, in fact, has now denied that he ever said he was intimidated or threatened.

I guess you folks just like to tune out that part of the whole WoodwardGate fiasco.

Did you see the interview with Andrea Mitchell claiming that she was threatened by the Reagan Administration?

Because I didn't see that one in your list.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:08 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Whoops, you're correct, that was Dubs, not Cheeeeeney who made that statement. Then again, didn't Cheeeeeney swear at Patrick Leahy?
Cheney concurred - and he did shoot someone in the face.

CNN.com - Sources: Cheney curses senator over Halliburton criticism - Jun 24, 2004
Using profanity on the Senate floor while the Senate is session is against the rules. But the Senate was technically not in session at the time and the normal rules did not apply, a Senate official said.

44 - Cheney: Cursing at Leahy 'sort of the best thing I ever did'
On the same day that Vice President Biden was telling the women of "The View" that he was a little embarrassed to get caught cursing in public, former vice president Dick Cheney appeared to gloat over another infamous foul-language moment.

"You'd be surprised how many people liked that," Cheney told radio host Dennis Miller, according to an audio excerpt posted online. "That's sort of the best thing I ever did."

Old 03-04-2013, 07:29 AM

46,276 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Gosh you people see yourselves as perpetual victims.
Not victims, we just see a clear difference when the left puts up a link and runs with it spew how bad everything is, verified or not....

To bad you don't or just wont see that...

Old 03-04-2013, 07:46 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Not victims, we just see a clear difference when the left puts up a link and runs with it spew how bad everything is, verified or not....

Ah, the old "that's different" explanation!

"The left" did not start this thread!

Old 03-04-2013, 07:46 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

If you had to pick one person or group who has most negatively controlled your life up to this point, who would it be?

Old 03-04-2013, 08:39 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,203,345 times
Quote:
Your point had no intellectual merit.

I said some media members accused the WH of intimidation.

You respond that someone else who isn't me...claims that the entire media loves Obama...therefore me and the someone else are both wrong. This is called a strawman argument that you just made.

P.S. Lanny Davis publicly supported Obama's election. He says he was intimidated by White House.
Strawman? Oh really?

You're trying to make a point with this thread that the Obama administration has an adversarial relationship with the press--otherwise, why post it? Yet--looky looky--you've posted over and over on this forum that the press is biased toward the Obama administration, and that he has them in his pocket.

Obama can't figure out how to dial an Iphone of course blames somebody else
The One and Only Vice Presidential Debate 10/11/12
Media Reports 18,000 People in 5,000 Arena for Obama
Chris Christie has been so quiet...strange.

You're not alone. Many "new" R's make that claim. Ann Romney just blamed losing the election on that issue this last week. So which is it, because you don't get it both ways. Is the press biased toward Obama, or is it adversarial and they feel intimidated?
‘I Am Happy to Blame the Media’: Ann Romney Says Mitt ‘Was Not Given a Fair Shake’ | Video | TheBlaze.com

Second, now that you've decided to do a 180 on your position because you think you have something juicy, you pick an opinion piece where the author conveniently won't disclose names, places, or a copy of the email in question. That's not news--that's GOSSIP.

If you want a little hint, I don't think the main stream media loves the Obama administration, and they shouldn't love him--that's not their job. Their job is to tell the news, no matter which side it's on. Your posted comments above that prove that they don't have a hand in pocket relationship--he's had problems with journalists from both sides of the aisle, and that's how it should be. This mainstream media bias thing has been ridiculous since the nutty end of the R base started with it. It was never true. The other point is that politicians on both sides limit access to press that they don't like--it's been that way since the printing press was invented. That's not intimidation. A good reporter works around those situations, and bad ones sit and whine about it.

As for the opinion piece you linked to--do I think it happened? No. People are smart enough not to put language like that in written form. Do I think someone said something rude to someone else in passing, and the conversation got repeated (with distortions) in front of this journalist, and now she's trying to give it greater credibility by making up the email? Possibly. Her "source" that she won't name could be doing the same thing--something unpleasant was said, he heard about it, and the source turned it into an email with vile words that--gosh darn it--he conveniently deleted. Who in their right mind would delete an email like that if they want to use it to harm a politician--if they'd feel strongly enough about it to go to a journalist with it? It doesn't happen. It sounds like he exaggerated and lied. It won't be the first time someone has lied to the press, or that a journalist has lied, and it won't be the last.

Last edited by mb1547; 03-04-2013 at 08:50 AM..

Old 03-04-2013, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Ah, the old "that's different" explanation!

"The left" did not start this thread!

Exactly my point, that is why it's not 50 pages....

Old 03-04-2013, 08:53 AM

Quote:
If you had to pick one person or group who has most negatively controlled your life up to this point, who would it be?
Congress, period.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies