Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2013, 10:01 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,002 times

Advertisements

Just saw a link in my facebook which claims support for ObamaCare has dropped 15 points among democrats and overall opposition to ObamaCare is greater then Support by 6% (42% oppose vs 36% support)

Did you support ObamaCare?
Do you still support ObamaCare?

Why or Why Not?

Polls Show More Discontent With ObamaCare | United Liberty | Free Market - Individual Liberty - Limited Government
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2013, 10:04 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Yes and Yes. It isn't my idea of a perfect solution but it is a huge advance over the current system.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:04 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,806,109 times
Your link is to a radical right wing propaganda site.

"a link on facebook" 98% of the time is BS, and this is one of them.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Yes and Yes. It isn't my idea of a perfect solution but it is a huge advance over the current system.
Appreciate the honest response and respect your opinion.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Your link is to a radical right wing propaganda site.

"a link on facebook" 98% of the time is BS, and this is one of them.
Instead of addressing the question you attempt to discredit the source out of hand instead of the content.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:10 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,007,212 times
No and no. Something should be done about the current system, but I think this is actually making us worse off.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:25 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
Just saw a link in my facebook which claims support for ObamaCare has dropped 15 points among democrats and overall opposition to ObamaCare is greater then Support by 6% (42% oppose vs 36% support)

Did you support ObamaCare?
Do you still support ObamaCare?

Why or Why Not?

Polls Show More Discontent With ObamaCare | United Liberty | Free Market - Individual Liberty - Limited Government
No and No.

Why not? Because it isn't constitutional.

I don't care that the Supreme Court declared it to be last year. That decision wasn't unanimous to begin with, and like all decisions is subject to being overturned.

So I continue to maintain that it isn't constitutional. There is nothing whatsoever about the federal government having any authority to mandate what insurance companies need to cover, how much they can charge, or which people need to buy what services. It's a complete over-reaching of federal power. There is nothing in the constitution about health care and the 10th amendment says powers not specifically delegated to the government are reserved to the states and the people.

Calling healthcare "interstate commerce" is bogus. Similarly, holding that you participate in a market for a product simply by being a human being who "might" need that product "at some point" is also ludicrous. That's a deliberate misinterpretation of the constitution to justify allowing the government to do what it did. That is not an honest interpretation of what the constitution says.

It's not like healthcare didn't exist in the 1700s. If the constitution covered healthcare, it would say so. You wouldn't have to call it "interstate commerce" nor would you need to use "by not making a choice, you still have made a choice" type mental gymnastics to define not buying a product as valid participation in the market for that product.

So it is plain from the court case that the liberal justices in particular asked "Can the constitution allow this?" and not "Does the constitution allow this?" which are two very different questions. The statement of the Court says they are the defenders and interpreters of the constitution. Looking for a way to allow something goes way beyond defending and interpreting. They should be asking "does the constitution allow this?" and not "how can we redefine the terms so as to apply this to something the constitution does allow?"

They clearly wanted a particular outcome and looked for a way to produce that outcome.

Last edited by kidkaos2; 03-03-2013 at 10:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies