Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2015, 04:01 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,044,731 times

Advertisements

Jill Stein has announced she is running as Green party candidate for the Presidency.

Quote:
DR. JILL STEIN: Well, I’ll just say first that I am here at Democracy Now!, which is really the home of people-powered media, to announce that I have a people-powered campaign. In the same way Democracy Now! does not take corporate funding, I’m running with the only national party that does not take corporate funding. That is the Green Party. And it’s a great honor to be here at Democracy Now! to announce that I am running for president of the United States.

Old 06-22-2015, 04:14 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
We need more Independents over establishment. A tell tail sign is you hear the media/democrats say the GOP needs to get rid of grassroots people and get back to.....the establishment. And it isnt just the far left democrats that say it.

The establishment IS the problem. Not Independents, not the Tea Party.
Is your definition of establishment Republicans--moderate and centrist? If not, what is the definition? The Tea Party is made up of extremist Republicans. If the Tea Party was made up of independent people, it would have split from the establishment Republican Party. They are different from the moderate/centrist Republicans, but they are not independent, simply extreme.

Old 06-29-2015, 03:28 PM

For all the Moderates, Independents and 3rd party supporters who are bursting at the seams and can't seem to wait, well you're not alone.

Nu Shooz I Can't Wait

Old 07-08-2015, 02:47 PM

Here is some more info on Jill Stein, Green Party Presidential nominee.

Once again, I cannot stress that it is probably more important to be involved at the state and municipal level for Moderates, Independents and 3rd party supporters

Firedoglake: Jill Stein: Time To Reject The ‘Lesser-Evil’ & Stand Up For The Greater Good ?

Old 07-09-2015, 02:41 PM

Don't know if this is out on dvd yet, but for all the Moderates, Independents and 3rd party supporters who feel sometimes overwhelmed and disillusioned dealing with the current system, I hope you find this television series inspirational.

GOTHAM | Official Extended Trailer | FOX BROADCASTIN

Old 07-16-2015, 02:00 PM

I recently posted about having to re-evaluate my position on Dr. Ron Paul and it looks like I’m not the only one who had to do a lot of pondering.

All in with Chris Hayes: The Southern Avenger Comes Out Against Confederate Flag

In the nineteenth century there were those that came to the realization that the slave power, the plantation became for more than a regional power. It was trying to take over the national gubbermint. In modern days the plantation has become a global power and is willing to commit biological and cultural genocide in order to drag the entire world down with it.

The cats living in their gated communities don’t give much of a damn. As long as they are in their limos, sipping on lattes, they don’t mind the world going up in flames around them.

His slaves and dependents are even worse. They have a crab in the bucket mentality and will always try to pull as many people down with them as they can. ITS INGRAINED IN THEM. With friends like them, one will not need any enemies.

And thus it falls to the Free Laboring Class in order to once again challenge the plantation.

I strongly recommend looking up the true heritage of the Radical Republicans and the namesake of the Libertarian Party, the Liberty Party.

Free Soil, Free Labor.

Old 07-16-2015, 02:37 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
I just switched my party affiliation today.
I want Bernie Sanders for president.
You'll enjoy standing in line for toilet paper.

Old 07-20-2015, 01:21 PM

Here is the Libertarian Stossel's take on communism.

Well, I'm not a communist, so I can't say I speak for them but from what I know about Lenin is that much of what Americans know and often take for granted as rights for working folk as well as for women and minority groups were part of Lenin's writings.

Now it is true that when it came to implementation, things were not as rosy as he wrote but one has to keep in mind that Lenin was literally going against the global grain, LITERALLY.

Lenin also held the international meeting against imperialism, so there is more to the story than what is covered by Stossel but of course Stossel has a right to his critique.

Stossel 2015 02 13 Capitalism Vs Communism

Last edited by kovert; 07-20-2015 at 02:09 PM..

Old 07-30-2015, 01:47 PM

I try to give credit where credit is due, so kudos goes to the Libertarian Stossel who covered the militarization of the police before it was a juicy, sensational topic.

John Stossel - Rise Of The Warrior Cop

John Stossel discusses the militarization of police forces, including an interview with Radley Balko, author of "The Rise Of The Warrior Cop."

Old 08-06-2015, 01:28 PM

If De Blasio doesn't want to be a one term wonder, he had better start working closer with left leaning Moderates, Independents and 3rd party groups.

He can't count on the limousine media machine and if he wants a political future, he'd better realize that.

"De Blasio buoyed liberal hopes in June when he helped broker a deal between Cuomo and the Working Families Party, a coalition of unions and liberal organizations that traditionally supports Democratic candidates but was internally divided over endorsing the governor for re-election this November. In exchange for the group's endorsement, Cuomo pledged to bring the independent Democrats back into the party fold and to pass progressive legislation around a range of issues, including allowing the city to raise its minimum wage. It is premature, however, to declare that de Blasio and the Working Families Party have succeeded in shifting the state Democratic Party to the left. As Jarret Murphy in The Nation noted, "The governor walked away with what he wanted. The [Working Families] party got an IOU." In an ominous sign of the strength of that IOU, Cuomo started walking back some of his promises within days of the agreement. Cuomo - and now the Working Families Party - will continue to face electoral opposition from his left, first from Zephyr Teachout in the Democratic primary, then from the Green Party's Howie Hawkins in the general election."

Truth Out: How's He Doin'? Bill de Blasio After Six Months
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies