Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 08:16 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
For the past several years, the Pubs have blocked practically everything the president has tried to do.

My tiny little violin isn't playing sympathetic tunes for the GOP. All of these fiscal "crises" have been manufactured by the Pubs specifically to make economic recovery less effective in hopes that it would cast Obama in an unfavorable light. After decades of voting Republican, I now recognize the hazard they and their agenda pose to our nation and I fully support the president's actions.
"All these fiscal crises"? You mean like the ones Obama flat stated were going to happen and now that the White House is backing off of?

The oppressors were caught in another lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 08:17 AM

8,885 posts, read 5,365,025 times
Quote:
For the past several years, the Pubs have blocked practically everything the president has tried to do.
He got Obamacare through without a single Republican vote ...... what's the problem with the rest of what he's tried to do?

Old 03-04-2013, 08:19 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:

My tiny little violin isn't playing sympathetic tunes for the GOP. All of these fiscal "crises" have been manufactured by the Pubs specifically to make economic recovery less effective in hopes that it would cast Obama in an unfavorable light. After decades of voting Republican, I now recognize the hazard they and their agenda pose to our nation and I fully support the president's actions.
What are you talking about? Most of these manufactured crisis were initiated when the democrats controlled both houses of congress, with Obama signing them into law. The sequester alone, was a plan conceived by, and forced upon everyone by Obama and his administration. The budget battle coming up the end of this month is because of Obama and the democrats too.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:21 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:

Nice talking points.
Have the rep blocked the dems in the senate from putting out a budget? No
Have the reps agreed to raise tax rates on the rich. Yes
Has the house passed budgets .yes do the dems in the senate pass a budget no
Did obamas team propose the sequester yes. And he a week ago was claims doom. Bow blames the republicans.for going along with his plan

Old 03-04-2013, 08:23 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
He got Obamacare through without a single Republican vote ...... what's the problem with the rest of what he's tried to do?

Update: The GOP has controlled the house for the past two years.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Update: The GOP has controlled the house for the past two years.
Update dems control 2/3 of the government and the senate never passed a budget

Old 03-04-2013, 08:25 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Nice talking points.
Have the rep blocked the dems in the senate from putting out a budget? No
Have the reps agreed to raise tax rates on the rich. Yes
Has the house passed budgets .yes do the dems in the senate pass a budget no
Did obamas team propose the sequester yes. And he a week ago was claims doom. Bow blames the republicans.for going along with his plan

All this silly sturm und drang over "budgets" is just silly political theater for folks who don't grasp that the budget is a nonbinding wish list.

Spending is accomplished through appropriations bills in congress.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:27 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
He a community organizer, nothing more. This is all he has ever known. He has never had to lead a group of people to do something positive. Community organizers twist arms to try and get what they want. They use threats. It works in Chicago but as he is finding out, not so well in other places.
I dunno. Half the brain dead country thinks ghetto pimp thugs are K.O.O.L. And they vote.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:27 AM

Quote:
All this silly sturm und drang over "budgets" is just silly political theater for folks who don't grasp that the budget is a nonbinding wish list.

Spending is accomplished through appropriations bills in congress.
So the answer is no the dems never passed a budget and then whine about the house that did.
Congress passing a budget is the number one job of congress

Old 03-04-2013, 08:33 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
[b]Trying to work with a group is generally considered to be dictating terms to them.
No, it isn't. Trying to work with a group is generally considered to be trying to work with people, at least by people who aren't rabid partisans.

Quote:
Obama has made it clear that he will only support ideas that come from him, regardless of their worth.
More absolute nonsense. One need only look at what actually did get done in his first term to realize this statement is complete BS, no matter how many times right wing talking heads and extremists within the GOP repeat it.

Quote:
Those that make statements such as the one quoted have truly bought into the lying BS presented by Obama and his crew.
And people who make statements like the one you made have clearly bought into the lying BS presented by McConnell, Boehner, Cantor, and the band of lying media mouthpieces for the Republican party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies