Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 08:39 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,663,903 times

Advertisements

I wonder if he made a grenade shape pastry would he be suspended?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 08:58 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,108,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Why don't you tell us, but it's NOT zero tolerance, as you have been saying. Again, zero tolerance is not sorta, maybe, kinda, and that is all you have provided. All you have provided is sorta, kinda,mabe stuff....
"Sorta kinda maybe" what? Where am I equivocating on what the GOP wants? When you have nothing, make up lies about what the other person says?

Are you still mad at me for using examples of FOX News spinning the truth to prove that FOX News spins the truth?

Quote:
Yea you are, there is a difference between ZERO TOLERANCE and sorta kinda maybe. If you were actually talking about ZERO tolerance, that would include more than just video games. And you have even backed off that, to sorta kinda maybe....
Again, where am I equivocating on what the GOP wants? The GOP is complaining about access to violent video games being the problem w/ kids, but access to violent video games is already being regulated by the industry. What's legal options are left if something is already being regulated...

The answer is obvious... three letters... c'mon... you can do it...

The irony here is that you're always in the threads forecasting what the Dems & Obama's "next move" will be even when they haven't said anything. So it's shocking how the GOP is saying something, yet their next move will be...

Quote:
Oh please, you went from ZERO tolerance to well, it's just video games, but then only certian people from fox are going to ban them from their own home....

I provided you with the defination of ZERO tolerance, maybe man up and read it and learn and stop crying. I don't care who you think you provide proof from, because you think I watch fox....does not mean it is ture.
Seeing how I posted that specific video to prove you wrong for saying no one in the GOP is blaming video games for violence, I think you've proven that you're a troll and a liar...

And I'm USING your ZT definition, but you're playing coy by suddenly not knowing what comes next...

GOP: 1, 2, 3...
chucksnee: How am I supposed to know what comes next when they haven't said it...

So again, GOP is blaming violent video games, violent video games are already regulated by their industry, what comes next?

Old 03-06-2013, 10:15 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
"Sorta kinda maybe" what? Where am I equivocating on what the GOP wants? When you have nothing, make up lies about what the other person says?

Are you still mad at me for using examples of FOX News spinning the truth to prove that FOX News spins the truth?

Again, where am I equivocating on what the GOP wants? The GOP is complaining about access to violent video games being the problem w/ kids, but access to violent video games is already being regulated by the industry. What's legal options are left if something is already being regulated...

The answer is obvious... three letters... c'mon... you can do it...

The irony here is that you're always in the threads forecasting what the Dems & Obama's "next move" will be even when they haven't said anything. So it's shocking how the GOP is saying something, yet their next move will be...

Seeing how I posted that specific video to prove you wrong for saying no one in the GOP is blaming video games for violence, I think you've proven that you're a troll and a liar...

And I'm USING your ZT definition, but you're playing coy by suddenly not knowing what comes next...

GOP: 1, 2, 3...
chucksnee: How am I supposed to know what comes next when they haven't said it...

So again, GOP is blaming violent video games, violent video games are already regulated by their industry, what comes next?

It's sad you cannot even keep up with your own postings:

Here post 42:

Quote:
That's great. Welcome to Team Liberal. It's Conservatives that are pushing the violence glorification card. The irony here is that this zero-tolerance policy that Conservatives hate is the direct result of them asking for a zero-tolerance policy.
You state here that the Conservatives asked for ZERO tolereance policy.

Post 47, once again you said the right was asking for zero tolerance:

Quote:
You asked for zero-tolerance, you got zero-tolerance. That's how these things work.
Post 67, you say this is a right wing talking point (zero tolerance), I asked for evidence, you failed to provide any evidence.

Quote:
This is YOUR PARTY'S TALKING POINT. I haven't seen a single Conservative on here, or on the media talk about it being nonsense. Suddenly your back is against the wall, so now is when you decide to call out that bullch!t talking point... I'm fine w/ that b/c it just means you've co-signed the liberal position.

Yep... I'm calling bullch!t on your entire post. Suddenly it's a surprise that the GOP has been pushing this gun violence rhetoric? Have you been asleep for the last 2 months? Did you miss the published stories about the NRA, Meghan Kelly, Rush Limbaugh, even "RINO" Scarborough ALL co-signing to this talking point?

But I'm waiting to see which direction you guys turn when you learn that ZT policies are something Liberals HATE and want to see done away w/. Can't wait to see you join hands w/ us when you call out the NRA & Limbaugh for being clowns...
Post 70, you provided a bunch of video's that talked about banning videos from their house, not "zero tolerance" as you say. Still, nothing about "zero tolerance."

Post 89 goes DIRECTLY against what you are stating "zero tolerance."

Quote:
Um... "violent video games" are already regulated. So what's the next step? Or is this another one of those talking points that Republicans haven't thought through?

So your point is that I'm saying FOX is spinning bullch!t and then using examples of FOX spinning bullch!t to prove my point... Wow... why on Earth would I do such a thing...

This is hilarious. Suddenly the biggest names in Conservative media are not reflecting or informing the views of the GOP. No one believes you.

Guess what? If Maddow, MSNBC, and major Liberal organization ALL had the same bullch!t talking point, I'd man up and say "Yeah... that's a Democrat talking point."

But hey... I'm not a sore loser, so here you go:

http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/2013/01/30/16775516-gop-senators-again-target-video-games?lite

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/28/diane-black-newtown_n_2783402.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dqlaaROt5E

http://www.policymic.com/articles/24480/chuck-grassley-blames-video-games-for-mass-shootings

Or maybe elected official don't count as the GOP? Let's poll the people that vote for the GOP

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2011/PPP_Release_National_207.pdf (67% blame video games for gun violence)
So yea, once again, you went from ZERO tolerance to 67% in your response. So which is it? I posted the link to what "Zero tolerance" is, you have yet to provide ANYTHING in any of the blather you posted that say's zero tolerance.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
It's sad you cannot even keep up with your own postings:

Here post 42:

You state here that the Conservatives asked for ZERO tolereance policy.

Post 47, once again you said the right was asking for zero tolerance:

Post 67, you say this is a right wing talking point (zero tolerance), I asked for evidence, you failed to provide any evidence.

Post 70, you provided a bunch of video's that talked about banning videos from their house, not "zero tolerance" as you say. Still, nothing about "zero tolerance."

Post 89 goes DIRECTLY against what you are stating "zero tolerance."
You do understand a law banning the sale of violent games to teens is a ZT law, right?

Quote:
So yea, once again, you went from ZERO tolerance to 67% in your response. So which is it? I posted the link to what "Zero tolerance" is, you have yet to provide ANYTHING in any of the blather you posted that say's zero tolerance.
Whoops... looks like we found the problem. I've been giving you credit for understanding what ZT is. You just tried compared the % of people who blame video games (something I posted b/c you said the GOP never said that video games were to blame) to ZT as if ZT is a number or actual figure...

Zero tolerance means No Tolerance. It's not the number of people who support/oppose/[whatever other ridiculous understanding you have] a policy.

Lol... so in your mind b/c 67% of people blame video games, not guns, for violence, does that mean that it's 67% more or less than it should be under "ZT." I just want to be clear on how little you understand this idea.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:

You do understand a law banning the sale of violent games to teens is a ZT law, right?

Whoops... looks like we found the problem. I've been giving you credit for understanding what ZT is. You just tried compared the % of people who blame video games (something I posted b/c you said the GOP never said that video games were to blame) to ZT as if ZT is a number or actual figure...

Zero tolerance means No Tolerance. It's not the number of people who support/oppose/[whatever other ridiculous understanding you have] a policy.

Lol... so in your mind b/c 67% of people blame video games, not guns, for violence, does that mean that it's 67% more or less than it should be under "ZT." I just want to be clear on how little you understand this idea.
The only problem is you cannot follow your own posts...

Show me were ANYONE say "ZERO tolerance" not what you think "Zero Tolerance" means.....because what you think "Zero Tolerance" means and what the rest of the world means is not the same.

Saying I'm banning violent vidoe games form MY HOUSE, is not the same a "Zero Tolerance." No matter how many times you tell youself it is.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
The only problem is you cannot follow your own posts...

Show me were ANYONE say "ZERO tolerance" not what you think "Zero Tolerance" means.....because what you think "Zero Tolerance" means and what the rest of the world means is not the same.

Saying I'm banning violent vidoe games form MY HOUSE, is not the same a "Zero Tolerance." No matter how many times you tell youself it is.
Uh-huh... well we're making progress. At least now you're admitting the GOP is blaming violent video games. If you want to play oblivious to what the next step is for politicians complaining about something that's already regulated to do what they want done, fine. Everyone else sees what the GOP agenda is...

Old 03-10-2013, 09:48 AM

7,808 posts, read 6,386,331 times

Old 03-10-2013, 10:20 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
And another thread reports that students might have been traumatized over this pop tart gun so school counselors will be on hand to help students deal with their trauma.

Old 03-10-2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Uh-huh... well we're making progress. At least now you're admitting the GOP is blaming violent video games. If you want to play oblivious to what the next step is for politicians complaining about something that's already regulated to do what they want done, fine. Everyone else sees what the GOP agenda is...
How ignorant can you be? Oh wait, just look at all your posts....

It is, no it's not, really it is, not it's not, but this is, no it's not, but really, if you look at it from the sorta kinda maybe angle, then yea....no, it's not....

Old 05-31-2013, 09:22 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,489,693 times
A Maryland Republican group gave a lifetime National Rifle Association membership.
Maryland House of Delegates Minority Leader Nicholaus R. Kipke presented Welch with the NRA membership along with a Pop-Tart shaped like a gun and firearm safety tips.

Giving a kid a rifle association membership makes sense? No. This may resonate with the yahoos, but most people will look at this as a knee-jerk response combating stupidity with stupidity. It's bad marketing.

If the state GOP was smart, they'd look at these oversensitive zero-tolerance rules, and talk sense instead of combating rhetoric with more of the same. Both ways it makes the GOP look bad. Possibly as bad as the school.
The smart thing to do would have been to stay out of it, and watch the school continue to make fools of itself when it tried to defend its idiotic actions.

Maryland boy suspended for gun-shaped pastry is now lifetime NRA member | Reuters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies