Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 09:32 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
And where was Mr. Bush when he received the memo stating that Bin Laden was determined to strike in the U.S.?

Where was he when Hurricane Katrina hit?

Every president takes vacations. Every president's family takes vacations.
No president took more vacations than Mr. Bush. And no president presided over more out-of-control spending and wreaked more havoc on the economy than Mr. Bush.
Y'all can whine all you want about the current president and his family, but, the facts are the facts, like them or not.

President Obama
Your right, Bush wasn't much better, I won't deny that, I didn't like him either....
stating facts, Obama's firsst 4 years, doubled the national debt that Bush had just in his first 4 years????

The point I'm trying to make is, while no one begrudges A Vacation, the Obamas have been spending a lot of money on personal items....don't you think it is time a president, sets example and instead of hitting the American tax payers with these astronomical costs, lets promote frugal expectations and purchases, including the Senate and Congress....it is high time, they start living like we do...and stop the entitlements. Lets figure out how we can grow the economy, bring back jobs to America.

Oh, and I agree with you totally about Katrina, I saw him sitting there watching for 3 days and no one did a thing, until Naggy, or whatever his name was, said on National TV, "Someone better get off their arses, and get down here and help these people". Believe me, I was fuming....

Fact remains, Obama needs to reassess his priorities, and stop spending our money...period....enough is enough
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2013, 09:39 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Your right, Bush wasn't much better, I won't deny that, I didn't like him either....
stating facts, Obama's firsst 4 years, doubled the national debt that Bush had just in his first 4 years????

The point I'm trying to make is, while no one begrudges A Vacation, the Obamas have been spending a lot of money on personal items....don't you think it is time a president, sets example and instead of hitting the American tax payers with these astronomical costs, lets promote frugal expectations and purchases, including the Senate and Congress....it is high time, they start living like we do...and stop the entitlements. Lets figure out how we can grow the economy, bring back jobs to America.

Oh, and I agree with you totally about Katrina, I saw him sitting there watching for 3 days and no one did a thing, until Naggy, or whatever his name was, said on National TV, "Someone better get off their arses, and get down here and help these people". Believe me, I was fuming....
I don't know if it's true that the Obamas spend a lot of money on "personal items". Certainly if they dressed like they bought their clothes at Walmart, people would complain about that!

Old 03-05-2013, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I don't know if it's true that the Obamas spend a lot of money on "personal items". Certainly if they dressed like they bought their clothes at Walmart, people would complain about that!
oh come on Katiana....I'm not saying they should dress like people that walk into Walmart, come on now and stop going in the complete opposite direction and putting words in my mouth, you know exactly what I'm talking about.....

It isn't about Obama, it's about our country's plight, we are in dire straits, and I'm sick and tired of these Presidents taking advantage of us...especially in today's world, we are crumbling, we are broke, weak and people are loosing they're life's savings.....stop defending a corrupt government, corrupt senate, corrupt companies in the U.S. All they do is take, take, take, and we keep giving....how much more can we give?
How many more jobs will they outsource?

President's campaign speech continually rang in my ear, that HE was going to create jobs....and I kept saying, wake the heck up people, how in the world can a president create jobs....
they all tell us what we want to hear, and we are in no better shape now then when Bush was in control....but its a freakin game, a contest between republicans/democrates and each party defends a corrupt candidate. When are you people going to realize, the past many Presidents were not working for the American's they are working for huge Corporations and CEO's from all over the world.

Geeze Louise, I just cannot believe how we continually defend a corrupt party...over and over and over again....for 4 to 8 years, the Repubs rule, then the dems take it over, then the repubs again...this has been going on for years, and years....and we are no better off, and yet, you continually refuse to see what is REALLY going on....how stupid can we be? How freakin gullable can we be, not to mention misinformed.....

I mean, I have heard so many people say, I'm voting for Sarah, cuz she's a woman...and they know nothing, diddley squat about her experience....how embarrrassing is that?

I'm voting for Obama b/c he's black.....don't care what his experience is....and when you look back at Katrina, look at how unorganized FEMA was...they didn't know which direction to go....remember the look Bush gave the head of FEMA on TV, I do, Bush wanted to strangle him, but until that day, Bush didn't give a darn if FEMA was organized or not.

Companies are outsourcing all their internal systems to other countries, there is no communication what so ever, and it is a waste of time to call any kind of HelpDesk for support, not only do they not speak English, they don't know what the heck they are doing? I remember years ago, before our IS people could see our computer screens, you'd call them and they could trouble shoot your problems quick....today, forget about it....they do not know what they are doing, it is so non-productive and the Board doesn't care, let alone know what is really going on within the company? It is so freakin sad...we are extremely inefficent, and quality is gone.

Today we give money away to all our social systems, who tracks that money to make certain it is being spent, who is observing these social agencies....what about our immigration policies, they are totally ignored...and that is also breaking the bank...it was both sides that stood there on the boarders handing out flyers, "come to America, vote for me, I'll give you Amnesty". Both sides!!!!!!!!! Why do you think nothing but nothing has been done about illegal immigration?

Yanno what....

Wake up people and stop taking it as a personal attack against your belief, Obama, Bush whoever, stop defending a corrupt president, for once, open your eyes.......it is high time we have a president represent our people who walks the walk, instead of running our country to the ground, and having a ball while doing so. Geeze Louise, I think every other country in this world laughs at how utterly stupid we are.

When are you going to wake up, no matter who is in charge, it is not working!!!!!

Honestly, integrity, loyalty....??????? Talk about loosing the concept of how my decissions effect the lives of others, Watch the movie "Company Men", and then tell me it's just a movie.

Change your political card to independent, so it will be a whole lot easier to demand these freakin politicians work for us....they've got us right where they want us, at each other's throats, I've never seen anything like this in my entire life...

American has not progressed, it's regressed, why? Don't you people ever ask why? stop defending corrupt politics, please.....

Last edited by cremebrulee; 03-05-2013 at 10:00 AM..

Old 03-05-2013, 09:57 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
oh come on Katiana....I'm not saying they should dress like people that walk into Walmart, come on now and stop going in the complete opposite direction and putting words in my mouth, you know exactly what I'm talking about.....

It isn't about Obama, it's about our country's plight, we are in dire straits, and I'm sick and tired of these Presidents taking advantage of us...especially in today's world, we are crumbling, we are broke, weak and people are loosing they're life's savings.....

Wake up people and stop taking it as a personal attack against your belief, Obama, Bush whoever, stop defending a corrupt president, for once, open your eyes.......it is high time we have a president represent our people who walks the walk.
H*ll, you post a two year old article from a tabloid to "prove" that Obama is spending too much money on vacations, and we're supposed to take it seriously?

Tell me, what personal expenses have the Obamas incurred that are excessive? And what do the Obamas vacations have to do with the national debt? If you want to discuss that, you could start a thread about it, or chime in on one of the many already existing threads.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 03-05-2013 at 10:06 AM..

Old 03-05-2013, 10:00 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
OP is what's wrong with our country. We have real problems and you're analyzing everytime the President goes on vacation or plays golf. He's FROM HAWAII. How can you fault the President for going home to visit? Yes, it's far, but it is actually where he's from, and it's not like he can get on Kayak and pick the cheapest flight. That's just the way it is. So what he goes on vacation and plays golf sometimes like all Presidents. Get real. Yes, we have serious problems. We've had serious problems before - the Great Depression, World Wars, the Cold War...get some perspective.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:04 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,935,880 times
How is it the President's job to get people back to work? Oh wait.....it's not.

Quote:
The Constitution assigns the president two roles: chief executive of the federal government and Commander in Chief of the armed forces. As Commander in Chief, the president has the authority to send troops into combat, and is the only one who can decide whether to use nuclear weapons.

As chief executive, he enforces laws, treaties, and court rulings; develops federal policies; prepares the national budget; and appoints federal officials. He also approves or vetoes acts of Congress and grants pardons.
Congress is the issue yet while their approval ratings are in the toilet American's continue to vote them back into office. The President is a figurehead and mouth piece. All of them.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
H*ll, you post a two year old article from a tabloid to "prove" that Obama is spending too much money on vacations, and we're supposed to take it seriously?

Tell me, what personal expenses have the Obamas incurred that are excessive? And what do the Obamas vacations have to do with the national debt? If you want to discuss that, you could start your own thread, or chime in on one of the many already existing threads.
Don't take it seriously, I don't care, I'm in the autumn of my life and have lived a pretty darn good life....I've seen things the way they were....I've had the kind of childhood that allowed me to go outside to play and not have to worry about being taken....

My father predicted this would happen, years ago, when I was a kid, and it did....and none of you care, all you care about is defending a corrupt president...same with Bush, same with Clinton....and you still are unable to view a bigger picture.

Yes, the post was from two years, ago, so what, do you think since then he stopped going to Hawaii...and I've also posted other links to newer expenditures....so what...the point here is, the fact that we're being robbed by every President....

Yanno, when Herman Cain was running, no body knew who he was, but then, he started becoming vocal, about illegal immigration and what he was going to do to better this country, and what was being done wrong....people started to listen...I told my son, you watch, they are going to sabatoge him....and they did....and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was his own party, Romney. Herman Caine didn't just say, "I have a plan", he explained what he intended to do...and people started to listen to him and the other candidates got scared so, what did they do? Sabatoged his reputation...not one woman came foreward, did they?

My point here is, you folks don't have a clue...and one day, your going to wake up and live as you know it will be gone forever.....

I'm not pretending to know more then any of you, I'm freakin pleading with you to wake up....before it's to late....

I'm 65 years old this year, and I've seen it do nothing but go back and forth all my life, democrate, then republican....then democrate, then republican....for God's sake, what is wrong with this picture? Dont' you get it? Our country is deterrorating right before our eyes, b/c we're all to proud to admit the truth, admit we've been swindled...and let me tell you, Romney would have been no better....they give us no one to vote for...the only difference with Obama is he is Charasmatic...and the media invented him....

This isn't about pride, it is about making things better for your children and grand children, but this country is so corrupt and greedy, no one cares....your right and that is all that matters, no one today, even knows how to listen, if someone disagrees with you , you take it as a personal attack against your character instead of listening....talk about perspective?

Old 03-05-2013, 10:11 AM

[quote=tluv00;28531462]How is it the President's job to get people back to work? Oh wait.....it's not.

Your absolutely right but I kept sitting there saying, People wake the heck up, how can one president create jobs????????? Yet he kept saying over and over and over again, I'm going to create jobs, I have a plan, however, what American said, "What plan? What is your plan?" no one seems to even have the intelligence to ask those questions.

Quote:

Congress is the issue yet while their approval ratings are in the toilet American's continue to vote them back into office. The President is a figurehead and mouth piece. All of them.
I'll tell you what, we ought to kick every single one of them out of office and start all over again, and start with some reasonable salaries, fire all the aides and let them work for a living.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:14 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
[quote=cremebrulee;28531598]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
How is it the President's job to get people back to work? Oh wait.....it's not.

Your absolutely right but I kept sitting there saying, People wake the heck up, how can one president create jobs????????? Yet he kept saying over and over and over again, I'm going to create jobs, I have a plan, however, what American said, "What plan? What is your plan?" no one seems to even have the intelligence to ask those questions.

I'll tell you what, we ought to kick every single one of them out of office and start all over again, and start with some reasonable salaries, fire all the aides and let them work for a living.
I'll get on board with firing everyone in Congress. I think that would be a lot more effective than denying the President the ability to go home for vacation.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:14 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:

Fact remains, Obama needs to reassess his priorities, and stop spending our money...period....enough is enough
I do agree that a better example could be set. But, where do we draw the line?
Should the president suggest that we all stop spending money and completely halt what little growth we've seen over the past four years?

BTW:

"Fifty percent of Americans already have booked or plan to book travel in 2013, according to a recent American Express Spending & Saving Tracker, a monthly survey to determine consumer spending and saving plans or intentions. "

Majority of Travelers Plan to Spend the Same or More on Vacations in 2013 | Marketing Forecast from Ad-ology

Granted, these are, no doubt, small and very focused samples, but, the reality is that not everyone is suffering.

Another report:

"Diversity Affluence, a diversity research, marketing communications and business development consultancy that uniquely helps brands and businesses understand and market to affluent ethnic consumers, has released a new research report indicating travel among Affluent African Americans has increased by 30 percent in the past three years. The study also shows approximately 60 percent of the target group takes at least five overnight business trips and two-thirds of those traveling spend a minimum of $2,000. "

Affluent African American Travel Up 30 Precent: New Diversity Affluence Study Reveals
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies