Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 06:37 AM

2,948 posts, read 2,916,838 times

Advertisements

I just have read this in this site:

USA might attack Iran in June, as they warn Israeli media. The notice coincides with a new round of conversations on the nuclear Iranian program. When the American president, Barack Obama, visits Israel in March he will say to the prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, that in June he will open himself " a window of opportunities " to undertake a military operation against Iran, informs the Israeli chain Channel 10. It is necessary to remember that in June the Iranians will have to come to the urns to choose his new president.

Without mentioning any name in concretly and appealing only to comments of anonymous sources in diplomatic circles, the Israeli diary assures that Obama will make come the message of which if the diplomatic efforts and the sanctions imposed against Iran do not have his effect, Israel will have to drift apart and leave Washington to take the leadership. It will urge Tel Aviv to remain to the margin during the military operation of USA.Concretely he will ask Netanyahu to begin abstained of any action of military character and do not even mention an assault.

It is necessary to emphasize that two weeks ago the Israeli prime minister assured that he is cooperating deeply with Obama, "in a way narrower than could seem to the first sight " and dismissed the rumors on the supposed tensions between the two. Previously the Israeli press speculated very much on that the American agent chief executive could take revenge for Netanyahu for the support that had gave to the republican Mitt Romney in the last presidential elections.

Medios: EE.UU. podría atacar Irán en junio
(in spanish)

Is this true? What do you have read about this in the news?

Last edited by marlaver; 03-05-2013 at 07:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2013, 07:06 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,137,674 times
Define the word "attack" ... the US has been cyber attacking Iran's nuclear program for a little while now, setting it back 2-3 years. So under Obama I wouldn't expect any escalation. Had Romney won (or any Republican), a full-scale attack would be much more likely.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:10 AM

92 posts, read 201,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Define the word "attack" ... the US has been cyber attacking Iran's nuclear program for a little while now, setting it back 2-3 years. So under Obama I wouldn't expect any escalation. Had Romney won (or any Republican), a full-scale attack would be much more likely.
I agree with you. However, under Obama, Iran will most likely implode just like Libya and Syria. North Korea might eventually join Iran and implode since it's being run by a kid.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:26 AM

27,563 posts, read 28,659,961 times
It would be the stupidest thing in the world if the U.S went it alone and attacked Iran (unless Iran attacked the U.S. first). Not going to happen under this president.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:29 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,889,546 times
Yes it's true because everything you read on the internet HAS to be true by law

- I read that...on the internet.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:40 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,380,974 times
Seems they need more oil...

Old 03-05-2013, 11:18 AM

750 posts, read 907,782 times
It will be another "black hole" for an american budget.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:36 AM

27,563 posts, read 28,659,961 times
BTW, I flew over Iran a few days ago going from Dubai to Washington on Emirates. I got kind of nervous thinking WTF, do you they even allow U.S. bound commerical planes to go over Iran?

Old 03-05-2013, 11:42 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,845,946 times
Lol and people think its ok for America to just keep on attacking countries?

Old 03-05-2013, 12:52 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,889,546 times
OK guys, I tried a half cynical response for the less intellegent among you but no one caught on. There is absolutely nothing in the article (and I looked up an english version of the article) that supports a conclusion that the US will attack in June 2013. No evidence, no support, not even the vague quote from "unnamed sources" that news reports give when they are pulling something out of there ass.
The crazy leader in Iran's term ends in June, he cannot be elected to a third term. Now, the mullah's control Iran regardless, it's not considered a country with free elections, but still a power shift may happen. Political posturing is part of the game so you will see blustery talk by the US and Israel. But an attack will not make sense, it is illogical, until we see what the results are with their elections. Also, right now Iran is a stepping stone away from losing it's main ally - Syria, and the Iranian leaders other crazy buddy, Chavez in Venezuala, is about to take his dirt nap (strategically a non-issue, but still shows that Iran is losing it's hand in the diplomatic game) and that may change things as well.
So, NO, to make it simple - the "evil capitalist power" of the US will not be attacking Iran in June. Argentinians the world over can now sleep safe at night with that knowledge.

And yes US airlines can fly over Iran, just as they fly over Cuba all the time. I will be on my 2nd trip to India this year on Delta/KLM flying over north Iran, Pakistan, and (oh my GOD no (yes that's cynicism again)) Afighanistan. I think Delta has a codeshare flight with KLM that lands in Tehran. We have a trade embargo with Iran, we do not have a travel embargo however. Why do I feel like I am lecturing children?

Last edited by Dd714; 03-05-2013 at 01:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies