Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 06:02 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,403,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Exactly! If he had to talk it would be all over for him.
Amen. That is certainly my opinion. Jury selection in this case is going to be extremely interesting. I wonder if it will be televised.

Old 03-05-2013, 06:28 PM

37,948 posts, read 17,844,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Totally false. Martin was pacing himself 'real slow' in the rain looking for things to steal.
BS, if someone is planning to steal something and is seen, that person leaves the area.

Old 03-05-2013, 06:36 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,499,804 times
Quote:
The eye witness (the shooter) lied many times. How could someone believe him?
Lying or inconsistent statements to the cops isn't a 25-life prison sentence. The state's still supposed to prove gz committed the crime he's charged with. GZ's credibility can't go lower. Phone girl is supposed to be a key witness. Today's blow to her credibility makes it a bad day for the state.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Lying or inconsistent statements to the cops isn't a 25-life prison sentence. The state's still supposed to prove gz committed the crime he's charged with. GZ's credibility can't go lower. Phone girl is supposed to be a key witness. Today's blow to her credibility makes it a bad day for the state.
Is it possible that he could be convicted of a lesser included crime?

Old 03-05-2013, 07:01 PM

554 posts, read 608,129 times
Quote:
Exactly! If he had to talk it would be all over for him.
Zimmerman has to take the stand at his trial. If he doesn't, it's over for him.

That said, though, Zimmerman's worst witness is himself. He has huge credibility issues, has a temper, and isn't very smart. If Zimmerman testifies, and the jury is instructed on a lesser included offense, such as manslaughter, my prediction is that he'll be convicted. But we'll see.

Jury selection is critical. Everyone wants to be on this jury; there are no disinterested citizens. Jurors lie all the time about their biases. OJ Simpson was acquitted because he had a jury that had an agenda. Zimmerman might well be convicted if he's unlucky enough to draw the same type of jury, especially if the evidence supports a guilty finding (as I believe it does).

Last edited by sibelian; 03-05-2013 at 07:14 PM..

Old 03-05-2013, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibelian View Post
Zimmerman has to take the stand at his trial. If he doesn't, it's over for him.

That said, though, Zimmerman's worst witness is himself. He has huge credibility issues, has a temper, and isn't very smart. If Zimmerman testifies, and the jury is instructed on a lesser included offense, such as manslaughter, my prediction is that he'll be convicted. But we'll see.

Jury selection is critical. Everyone wants to be on this jury; there are no disinterested citizens. Jurors lie all the time about their biases. OJ Simpson was acquitted because he had a jury that ignored the evidence. Zimmerman might well be convicted if he's unlucky enough to draw the same type of jury.
Mmmm, I think OJ was acquitted because the State put on such a really bad case......and asking the defendant to try on those gloves was enormously stupid and I'm sure went a long way to support his acquittal.

However, I agree that jury selection in Zimmerman's case will be very interesting. I wonder if the defense will have enough money to hire a jury selection consultant.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:55 PM

16,909 posts, read 10,576,961 times
This was an excellent choice by defense counsel. The judge will be under huge political pressure not to dismiss this case without sending it to jury. The second the judge sends it to the jury the media will twist it into Zimmerman "losing" his self-defense claim. Then Zimmerman's attorney will have to spend half the trial explaining the difference to the jury. Good move Zimmerman team.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:07 PM

22,652 posts, read 24,563,352 times
I smell a RAT!

This so-called defense team is missing a huge opportunity. Did they do it to ensure a conviction.....keep Big Brother happy....avoid smoldering cities?????

Old 03-05-2013, 09:14 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,246,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Totally false. Martin was pacing himself 'real slow' in the rain looking for things to steal.
You have no proof of that.

And your other post was so full of lies, it's not even worth responding to.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:19 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,025,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
This was an excellent choice by defense counsel. The judge will be under huge political pressure not to dismiss this case without sending it to jury. The second the judge sends it to the jury the media will twist it into Zimmerman "losing" his self-defense claim. Then Zimmerman's attorney will have to spend half the trial explaining the difference to the jury. Good move Zimmerman team.
Exactly.

This man is going to walk free as he should, I just hope he's able to go after the people who have wrongly attacked him following the self defense incident that landed him in this situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.