Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2013, 08:39 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan's Dad View Post
I have just four words for dealing with Gosnell:

Scott Roeder weekend furlough
The pro-life irony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 08:40 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
You are joking, right? No probably not.

The most common is acute conditions requiring the use of pharmaceuticals known to be harmful to the fetus. Most commonly psychiatric crisis, or rapid onset carcinomas.
Please, explain....I'm serious. A fetus is viable at this point which is why they are protected. Why must it be killed in any of these situations?

Old 04-17-2013, 08:41 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
O.K. There is never a situation where an abortion must be performed to save the woman's life in the third trimester. Please provide an example if you are still holding this opinion.
I was calling you out on comparing fetuses to two, three, four year olds......didn't think that would go over your head.....but I guess I was wrong.

Here are a few examples for you. Would you prefer these women had died?

Late-Term Abortion Saved These Women's Lives | Womens eNews

Old 04-17-2013, 08:48 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
Please, explain....I'm serious. A fetus is viable at this point which is why they are protected. Why must it be killed in any of these situations?
It may or may not be viable, each case should be reviewed on it's own merits. Dates are notoriously inaccurate most of the time, a small minority of women have accurate recollection of the dates. Then one would have ultrasound data related to the growth, heart and neurological development, lung maturity data, and the general well-being of the fetus. It's not as straight forward as saying it's 28 weeks, it'll be fine.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:53 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
No biggie.

It only affected poor, black, underaged and Hispanic women.

As long as the right to kill babies exists, what's the difference how they're killed?

Right lefties?

Why would the media care?

Old 04-17-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I was calling you out on comparing fetuses to two, three, four year olds......didn't think that would go over your head.....but I guess I was wrong.

Here are a few examples for you. Would you prefer these women had died?

Late-Term Abortion Saved These Women's Lives | Womens eNews
These women claimed to have had a partial birth abortion. It's about bedtime so I will continue fully tomorrow as it may take me awhile. There were women who testified they had PBA's during the testimony in 1995 (which is the claim here) but they never actually did. They lied.

Anyway........If the fetus is dead there is no discussion here. Nobody is arguing that a dead fetus should not be removed. To be more correct. In an intact dilation and extraction the fetus is delivered all but for part of the head. Why exactly does it have to be killed at this point to save her life? That last 6 inches is what saves her life?

An intact dilation and extraction takes many hours. You have to give the women drugs to force labor and cause her to dilate. Now if there was an emergency situation, you take hours and put her through a delivery or do you do a cesarean?

Old 04-17-2013, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
It may or may not be viable, each case should be reviewed on it's own merits. Dates are notoriously inaccurate most of the time, a small minority of women have accurate recollection of the dates. Then one would have ultrasound data related to the growth, heart and neurological development, lung maturity data, and the general well-being of the fetus. It's not as straight forward as saying it's 28 weeks, it'll be fine.
That does nothing to explain why it *must* be killed. First see my post above about how an ID&E is performed. Now if there is an emergency situation we simply kill the fetus because it *might* not survive?

At 23 weeks we are now up to 35% survival rates. Not that it really matters I suppose as abortions are legal at this point and not what is being discussed. I imagine in the coming years though, that will change. RvW is clear that laws can be enacted upon viability.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:34 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
That does nothing to explain why it *must* be killed. First see my post above about how an ID&E is performed. Now if there is an emergency situation we simply kill the fetus because it *might* not survive?
Sometimes there are deformities that are so severe there is no point in continuing the pregnancy.

Spoiler

Tell me, what is the point of giving birth to something like this? How many of our scarce healthcare dollars should be wasted keeping something like this alive for a week or two? Why should we allow something like this to be born into a short life of unimaginable suffering?

Old 04-17-2013, 09:37 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
A number of years back there were sanctions put in place against Iraq. Over 30 thousand children perished due to lack of medical surprise. I believe that an American diplomat said ..."it was worth it" - so what is with all the hubbub about a couple of hundred poor black babies being mutilated to death under the banner of choice?

Old 04-17-2013, 09:39 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
Killing for profit or to save money is tradition...get used to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies