Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2013, 08:02 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
ABC News Ended Blackout of Kermit Gosnell Trial After 56 Days | LifeNews.com

Fifty six days after the grisly trial of abortionist Kermit Gosnell began, ABC broke its self-imposed blackout and finally offered coverage.

World News anchor Diane Sawyer belatedly told viewers that Gosnell was convicted on three counts of first degree murder against newborn babies, as well as on a slew of other charges. Terry Moran explained, “For two months, jurors heard often shocking, grisly testimony.” He described the details as a “house of horrors.” A house of horrors that ABC took 56 days to notice.

As the Media Research Center has aggressively documented, ABC went from March 18, 2013 (the trial’s start) through Monday afternoon with no coverage. Yet during the same time, the network devoted a staggering 187 minutes (or 70 segments) to other shocking criminal cases, such as Jodi Arias and Amanda Knox.
Please explain to me why when I search ABC News I get 84 hits when doing a search for Gosnell? Please take a look at the link, specifically the dates of the articles, and tell me how you can still believe the garbage posted by LifeNews when it is an absolute LIE?

Search Results for gosnell - ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 08:10 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Please explain to me why when I search ABC News I get 84 hits when doing a search for Gosnell? Please take a look at the link, specifically the dates of the articles, and tell me how you can still believe the garbage posted by LifeNews when it is an absolute LIE?

Forty two days ago, on March 18, 2013, abortionist Kermit Gosnell went on trial, charged with the grisly murder of multiple babies and a patient. Yet, in the seven weeks that followed, ABC News has permitted no coverage, discussion or mention of the case, not even a single utterance of Dr. Gosnell’s name.

GMA Devotes 109 Minutes to Other Trials, But Not One Second for Gosnell Horrors | Media Research Center

Old 05-14-2013, 08:23 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Quote:

The article is comparing how much coverage Gosnell's trial got compared to the coverage Jody Arias's and Amanda Knox trials got. Gosnell's trial was just a tiny part when they compared them. Some were saying it was because of the horrific issues of Gosnell's trial but Jody Arias stabbed her boyfriend 20 some times shot him in the head and just about cut his head off. That argument makes no sense. They also showed pictures of it.

A pro-choice liberal wrote a column that admitted as much but it seems you didn't read it.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:24 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Forty two days ago, on March 18, 2013, abortionist Kermit Gosnell went on trial, charged with the grisly murder of multiple babies and a patient. Yet, in the seven weeks that followed, ABC News has permitted no coverage, discussion or mention of the case, not even a single utterance of Dr. Gosnell’s name.

GMA Devotes 109 Minutes to Other Trials, But Not One Second for Gosnell Horrors | Media Research Center
Quoting a source that is anti-ABC? Hilarious.

Do you know how many news shows ABC has? But you are now questioning why a family morning show did not cover this grisly trial? Wow! Talk about moving the goal posts.... So the 84 other stories are now somehow irrelevant because a family morning show didn't profile it. Truly bizarre logic. Maybe they should have had a segment on Sesame Street?

Old 05-14-2013, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Quoting a source that is anti-ABC? Hilarious.
They are anti ABC? How so?

Quote:
Do you know how many news shows ABC has? But you are now questioning why a family morning show did not cover this grisly trial? Wow! Talk about moving the goal posts.... So the 84 other stories are now somehow irrelevant because a family morning show didn't profile it. Truly bizarre logic. Maybe they should have had a segment on Sesame Street?
Did they cover other grisly trials?

Old 05-14-2013, 09:03 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Some were saying it was because of the horrific issues of Gosnell's trial but Jody Arias stabbed her boyfriend 20 some times shot him in the head and just about cut his head off. That argument makes no sense.
EASY answer.

The Arias trial has SEX. Lots of it. Sex sells. HLN is making money hand over fist because the Arias trial is full-to-overflowing with sex.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:42 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Too bad we dont behead people anymore. Well unless your a reporter in Pakistan.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:53 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Who cares about the biased views of LifeNews who think that Gosnell is connected in anyway to the Pro-Choice movement? Gosnell has nothing to do with legitimate medical abortions, unlike what the anti-abortion groups are painting. Abortions are legal. What Gosnell did was not.
Sure Gosnell is connected to "legitimate medical abortions" - He's just on the extreme end of the pro-choice spectrum. The guy was a doctor...he performed abortions but was just a little on the rough side. What goes on in "legitimate" clinics that we never hear about. Gosnell practiced his low quality trade...in his mind as a physician he believed he was under the protection of the law...He was honest and a realist when it came to abortion. He did not ***** foot around with formality or trying to be classy as if it was some noble act and he was assisting in the health and freedom of woman. He knew abortion was a brutal act and like a butcher he butchered...a very pragmatic man.

Old 05-15-2013, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Sure Gosnell is connected to "legitimate medical abortions" - He's just on the extreme end of the pro-choice spectrum. The guy was a doctor...he performed abortions but was just a little on the rough side. What goes on in "legitimate" clinics that we never hear about. Gosnell practiced his low quality trade...in his mind as a physician he believed he was under the protection of the law...He was honest and a realist when it came to abortion. He did not ***** foot around with formality or trying to be classy as if it was some noble act and he was assisting in the health and freedom of woman. He knew abortion was a brutal act and like a butcher he butchered...a very pragmatic man.
The only difference in what Gosnell was convicted for murder and what the choice side including Obama argued should be legal is 6 inches.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:08 AM

18,382 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post

I disagree completely. he was not preforming late term abortions because he was 'pro choice" he did so because he was a criminal and did it for the money. I doubt seriously that he thought he was protected by the law, he knew what he was doing was illegal and he did it anyway. as you said he was a butcher and he butchered. there was a reason why these women went to a criminal, they went because no real doctor working within the law would abort their children for no reason.

real late term abortions are done because for real medical issues of both the mother and or the child. late term abortions are extremely difficult. I would venture a guess and say 95% of all late term abortions are wanted children making the decision to abort harder than anyone who has never faced the choice hard to imagine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies