Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 12:46 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Eric Holder: Drone Strike To Kill U.S. Citizen On American Soil Legal, Hypothetically

Are you liberals tired of being lied to yet? I love how he uses the word hypothetical instead of "for example"..

The end result is that President gave himself the power to kill US citizens. Un-freaking believable. Someone needs to stop this lunatic. He makes Bush look like the Pope.
Missed the hypothetically part, did you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 12:46 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,652,271 times
Quote:
Eric Holder: Drone Strike To Kill U.S. Citizen On American Soil Legal, Hypothetically

Are you liberals tired of being lied to yet? I love how he uses the word hypothetical instead of "for example"..

The end result is that President gave himself the power to kill US citizens. Un-freaking believable. Someone needs to stop this lunatic. He makes Bush look like the Pope.
(this is a copy of a post I made in another thread.)

Look at the things Fox news has you all focusing on.

Drones that can attack targets are a new weapon just developed by the US military, and laws have to be made for them. The US government already has the right to kill US civilians with missiles and machine guns, from (manned) airplanes and helicopters. And US Military and Police Officials already have the right to kill US civilians with a guns.

Are you really against Americas military and police having the best weapons to do their job?

Obama did not wake up one mourning and say "I want to be able to kill US civilians with drones." He was approached by the US Military, FBI, and Policing agencies. There might come a day when a dangerous US citizen or group, is threatening other Americans lives, and Americas Military and Police want to be able to use drones to stop them if needed. And drones will make Americas Military and Police be much safer while they do their jobs.

Americas Military and Policing agencies want to be able to use drones to keep us safe, do you really want to tell them they can't use drones ?

The following link goes to PBS Nova. There's a episode called "Rise of the Drones." It explains drones its a great episode. Chances are that in the future, drones will replace most manned Military attack aircraft, and Americas Police will be using them too.

NOVA | Watch Online | PBS Video

And I really wish you all would watch the following documentary. It shows how places like Fox news manipulate people.

The Billionaires' Tea Party (Full Length Documentary) - YouTube

Old 03-06-2013, 12:47 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Missed the hypothetically part, did you?
I'd guess no sense he/she mentioned it specifically.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:25 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
There might come a day when a dangerous US citizen or group, is threatening other Americans lives, and Americas Military and Police want to be able to use drones to stop them if needed. And drones will make Americas Military and Police be much safer while they do their jobs.

Americas Military and Policing agencies want to be able to use drones to keep us safe, do you really want to tell them they can't use drones ?
A good place to start would be with our government, from the top down. Our own government has been destroying, little by little, the American way of life as many of us knew it.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:31 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
Liberal response: Conservative lies. This has to be racist, somehow. Anyway Bush must have done it too. I have to stick my head in the sand now.

Old 03-06-2013, 05:29 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,868,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I enjoy seeing those on the left back up and drive over their principles time and time again to defend obama.
It's not about principles. It is about supporting their team. If this was John ******** who said that, we know they would have been terrified, but since it is their man it's all good.

Even if they trust Obama (which I do not see why), I just hope they remember that Obama will not be in the White House forever and the Democrats aren't assured to win the next Federal election. What are they going to do if a Republican wins the next election? Sure, President Obama might be trustworthy with that power, but would about a President Santorun or Bush III or Nixon II?

I miss the days when liberals used to be about questioning authority and supporting civil liberties. That is why I used to consider myself a liberal and when liberals stopped giving a f--k about civil liberties and became cool with whatever their guy did that is when I stopped calling myself a liberal. Although I suggest they start calling themselves "illiberals" because it is a much more apt label.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Uh think you need to read the Bill of Rights.
How many divisions does the Bill of Rights have?*

*Rep to whomever guesses who I'm paraphrasing and in what context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
...also, don't tell me this would not be happening exactly the same under any Republican president.
It's sad how Obama's supporters went from "Hope and Change" to "Well, Bush did it too".

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
While the government is INDEED putting an infrastructure to that allows it to install a VERY EFFECTIVE dictatorship....

...So far things are going as usual.
I implied it earlier in my post, but that is my point.

Homeland Security is slowly transforming into basically the Internal Troops of the US. The various anti-terrorism laws signed by Bush II and Obama are basically creating the type of networks of internal spy agencies and secret prisons that are usually reserved for dictatorships and totalitarian states.

But the majority of liberals don't care because it is their guy in charge (for the moment) and they seem to forgot that he won't be in charge forever.

Funny how quickly liberals changed their tune. Do I have to drag out some George W. Bush era media? I remember that episode of The Simpsons from 2004 where the Simpson family gets locked up in Alcatraz (which has been recommissioned into a reeducation center) because Bart accidentally mooned the American flag and they are locked up with Bill Clinton, Michael Moore, Al Franken, and the Dixie Chicks.

Bart-Mangled Banner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am sure you would have viewed that episode as nothing but hyperbolic garbage...

Old 03-06-2013, 05:40 AM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times
When did being a US citizen give a person immunity from being killed by a federal agent. Isn't that what the Secret Service Snipers are hire to do ? Kill who ever is a risk.I think it's a great ideal, terrorist don't need anything to hide behind; babies, hospitals, schools, women, or being a US citizen.

Old 03-06-2013, 05:52 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:

Bush look like the Pope?

NAH!

But the Bush administration did authorize the shooting down of airliners if necessary on 9/11.

This is different than Holder saying in an extraordinary circumstance targeting an American(s) would be legal HOW?

Once again the right's obsession with the word drone and partisan BS cloud reality to the point it's no longer visible.

Old 03-06-2013, 05:53 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times
All you "patriots" thinking about a revolution should watch out.

Report:

Old 03-06-2013, 06:06 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,223,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
When did being a US citizen give a person immunity from being killed by a federal agent. Isn't that what the Secret Service Snipers are hire to do ? Kill who ever is a risk.I think it's a great ideal, terrorist don't need anything to hide behind; babies, hospitals, schools, women, or being a US citizen.
What does risk mean to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies