Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2013, 08:58 AM

18,135 posts, read 15,548,278 times

Advertisements

The proponents of this "education"bit are choosing to ignore the fact that rapists are predators. Of the most meciless and vicious type. There is nothing that can sway them from hunting. The only thing a rapist would benefit from by these proposed education measures, is knowledge on how to be a better predator. By studying the prey closer.

All these proposed programs would do, is give rapists a glimpse of the mentallity of their prey. Sure, lets show rapists all the weak points to look for in a victim. Show them the physical and emotional aftermaths of an attack, and turn them on more.

It amounts to showing the hyenas an easier way to spot and seperate the weak and wounded. Lets just throw open the gates to the birthing pens, and let the coyotes in. All we have to do is tell them to deny their nature. That it's wrong to attack the weak and helpless. Rapists are even more feral than coyotes. Attacming with the express purpose of inflicting pain and fear, feeding on that like vampires. How does anyone think they can instill compassion and empathy in such a creature? From where I sit, these vermin have a lead deficiency. 230 grain cranial injection at 900 feet per second should do the trick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 10:13 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,308,994 times
So you’re tired of hearing about “rape culture”? | Rant Against the Random

Old 03-20-2013, 10:33 AM

15 posts, read 10,741 times
"We don't need guns, just tell men not to rape". There are valid points in the link. A lot of problems stem from parenting but I would be wasting my breath if I said we can change that. People, people, people...we teach against racism do we not? We still have racists. No matter the dent you put in crime, rapes, or any type of violence it still will never be close to 0%. Until it is 0% and only then should a women feel safe (or anyone for that matter). You're putting rape on a pedestal. It is a crime...it is not going anywhere. Why will I carry a gun places I go? Maybe because I'm afraid of getting shot or be a part of some kind of violence. I'm not ever going to put my life in the hands of people "teaching" others not to kill or shoot people. I'd rather be safe than sorry. For girls that don't want guns, that's fine. Use some sort of defense though. When you have the means of defense and choose against it even when you know about risk then it just means you weren't prepared but were ready to face the consequences anyway. "We <women> shouldn't have to be prepared". Yeah well we teach people how to drive and we still put seat belts and airbags in cars...because sh*t happens and it is and always be an imperfect world. The sooner we wake up and realize we can't change the population as a whole the better we will be. Saying that...I'm not saying don't fight against rape...it can still save people, just not everyone and it never will.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:14 AM

18,135 posts, read 15,548,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjjjjjjjj View Post
"We don't need guns, just tell men not to rape". There are valid points in the link. A lot of problems stem from parenting but I would be wasting my breath if I said we can change that. People, people, people...we teach against racism do we not? We still have racists. No matter the dent you put in crime, rapes, or any type of violence it still will never be close to 0%. Until it is 0% and only then should a women feel safe (or anyone for that matter). You're putting rape on a pedestal. It is a crime...it is not going anywhere. Why will I carry a gun places I go? Maybe because I'm afraid of getting shot or be a part of some kind of violence. I'm not ever going to put my life in the hands of people "teaching" others not to kill or shoot people. I'd rather be safe than sorry. For girls that don't want guns, that's fine. Use some sort of defense though. When you have the means of defense and choose against it even when you know about risk then it just means you weren't prepared but were ready to face the consequences anyway. "We <women> shouldn't have to be prepared". Yeah well we teach people how to drive and we still put seat belts and airbags in cars...because sh*t happens and it is and always be an imperfect world. The sooner we wake up and realize we can't change the population as a whole the better we will be. Saying that...I'm not saying don't fight against rape...it can still save people, just not everyone and it never will.
Again, the mentallity of a rapist cannot be ignored. They are feral animals. They feed on the pain and suffering they cause. They are not men. They are grotesque, twisted, caricatures of men. Lurking in dark places, stalking, waiting, in ambush, to feed on the fear and pain of women made helpless by their vicious and unfeeling hands. I see these men for what they are. Less than human, parasitical, vermin.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Again, the mentallity of a rapist cannot be ignored. They are feral animals. They feed on the pain and suffering they cause. They are not men. They are grotesque, twisted, caricatures of men. Lurking in dark places, stalking, waiting, in ambush, to feed on the fear and pain of women made helpless by their vicious and unfeeling hands. I see these men for what they are. Less than human, parasitical, vermin.

Really? You think that represents the perpetrators and onlookers from this thread?

I'd disagree.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:20 AM

39,808 posts, read 26,354,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjjjjjjjj View Post
Exactly. Just like we should teach people not to steal, murder, commit armed robbery, assault, etc. How's that working out for ya? Some people are naive enough to believe that there are no bad people in the world, and that they will never become a victim.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:20 AM

340 posts, read 493,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Yep. I don't believe it
Believe it. Melissa Harris-Perry

Old 03-20-2013, 11:22 AM

68,292 posts, read 54,124,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Yeah, you should probably post a link or something.
http///www.thevoicesIhear.com?

Old 03-20-2013, 11:29 AM

68,292 posts, read 54,124,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samcrow2 View Post
So boys/men shouldn't be taught early on that rape is wrong? Which is of course what she said to begin with.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcrow2 View Post

Quote:
I think we should be telling men not to rape women and start the conversation there
"start the conversation there"

She doesn't say that it would 'solve the problem'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies