Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 09:04 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,190,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
I don't know how you determine that. Conditioning her to fire a gun on target is a long way of stamping out submission which manifests in the female psyche numerous different ways.

getting a woman to feel secure in themselves and to be able to shoot on another human being when their instinct is to have a motherly attitude is how we do it. I have had women that cannot even shoot at a target that have a human pictured on the target. getting them over that is a big step in their self confidence, and being able to make themselves feel not submissive in situations.

I have had former students tell me that they have had to pull their firearms on people who they felt were getting too close, or that were following them.

most of the students only had to show the firearm to have the person leave them alone. only 2 of my former students have had to actually shoot someone attempting a crime against them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 09:08 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,061,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
getting a woman to feel secure in themselves and to be able to shoot on another human being when their instinct is to have a motherly attitude is how we do it. I have had women that cannot even shoot at a target that have a human pictured on the target. getting them over that is a big step in their self confidence, and being able to make themselves feel not submissive in situations.

I have had former students tell me that they have had to pull their firearms on people who they felt were getting too close, or that were following them.

most of the students only had to show the firearm to have the person leave them alone. only 2 of my former students have had to actually shoot someone attempting a crime against them.
I understand what you did, I'm saying to you that the woman still is naturally submissive, you just conditioned one aspect of their lives away. I have taken many women to the firing range but whenever you're around, their nature is to defer to you for protection.

I come from a place where a lot of women were forced to fight, even strap bombs to themselves and blow themselves apart. I've seen humanity, both female and male humanity, through so many different angles but what's consistent is that despite the angles, these traits keep pulling up.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:12 PM

Quote:
I understand what you did, I'm saying to you that the woman still is naturally submissive, you just conditioned one aspect of their lives away. I have taken many women to the firing range but whenever you're around, their nature is to defer to you for protection.

I come from a place where a lot of women were forced to fight, even strap bombs to themselves and blow themselves apart. I've seen humanity, both female and male humanity, through so many different angles but what's consistent is that despite the angles, these traits keep pulling up.

I understand what you are saying as well. my partner and I just try to do the best we can to have the woman rely on themselves instead of someone else, including a man or a cop. usually by the time we are done, most women do understand that cops do not even have to show up at a crime scene. but we try to empower the woman to take the matter of self defense into their own hands, and not rely on someone else.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:15 PM

Quote:
I understand what you are saying as well. my partner and I just try to do the best we can to have the woman rely on themselves instead of someone else, including a man or a cop. usually by the time we are done, most women do understand that cops do not even have to show up at a crime scene. but we try to empower the woman to take the matter of self defense into their own hands, and not rely on someone else.
It's a good thing you're doing. Mostly it kills 2 birds with one stone. One of the reasons we have become burdened with this police state is women, more specifically single women and their desire for more police to counter the danger they feel for their lifestyles. If more women were taught self defense, we would get less bloated police, and more understanding of firearms from the primary people who want to ban them: single women.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:17 PM

As to one of my suggestions to women: don't get drunk with men alone.

It's pretty much I follow despite I being large, quite capable of defending myself, not expecting to be rape, and I get drunk often. If I'm with a new set of people, I only allow myself to get buzzed. I don't trust myself drunk unless it's very very good friends.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
It's a good thing you're doing. Mostly it kills 2 birds with one stone. One of the reasons we have become burdened with this police state is women, more specifically single women and their desire for more police to counter the danger they feel for their lifestyles. If more women were taught self defense, we would get less bloated police, and more understanding of firearms from the primary people who want to ban them: single women.

every woman I have taught in my class has a ccw in either Minnesota or Wisconsin or both. makes me feel good that some women are taking their self defense into their own hands, right where it belongs.

2 of the women I have taught have ccw from Utah i believe, in order to be able to carry in most states.

all but 1 woman refuses to go to any state that will not let them carry ccw for self defense. it just shows me that some peoples mind sets are changing.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
every woman I have taught in my class has a ccw in either Minnesota or Wisconsin or both. makes me feel good that some women are taking their self defense into their own hands, right where it belongs.
The gun is the best equalizer. It doesn't take much to pull that trigger.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:33 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,615,184 times
Quote:
I don't know how you determine that. Conditioning her to fire a gun on target is a long way of stamping out submission which manifests in the female psyche numerous different ways.
Interesting take on things. Hmmm. I am quite male, I assure, you. But submissiveness is not a trait I look for in a female companion. I am not an alpha dog, per se. I have no problem taking charge of things, when appropriate that I do so. But never do I look for submissiveness from my lady. There are many tbings I have no problem defering to her on. On other things she defers to me.

Protective? In that, I am fiercely protective of her. She brings that instinct out in me. I would NEVER let her come to harm. I would stop a bullet for her in a heartbeat. Am I , then, showing a submissive trait in feeling that way? Or do I just flat love her? There are no, specific, "dominant " rolls in our relationship.

I have no issue going out of my way to please her. Just because making her happy makes me happy. And she does the same for me. I have let her vent on me, beating on my chest, because I knew she needed an outlet. Never said a word till she was ready to talk. I am not some metrosexual ding dong. I grew up cowboying. Been there done that and have the scars to prove it. And tbis little hundred n a bit pound gal can wrap me around her finger, and I like it.

Nobody, not even me, commands her. She is wildly independent, and can take care of herself. Takes no poo poo off anyone. And wouldn't try to dominate her if I could. And she trusts me. Believe me, that wasn't easy. Yet I am in no way xominated myself. I do what I do for her because I want to. Love, gtatitude, trust and equality.

The genders CAN compliment each other. I do not agree with the feminist movement, nor the "traditional" male dominant role. I will say, I do believe a lot of this feminist stuff is actually ruining things for a LOT of women. This crap, just as with the "alpha male bad boy" types, draws lines in the sand, and creates conflict.

So glad my lil' gal and I have nothing to prove to each other.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:16 PM

15 posts, read 10,779 times
Quote:
Women don't control men, it's the other way around.
Really? Beautiful women have attained everything just with what's in between their legs. Does me saying opportunist work better? Girls definitely know they can get what they want by giving a guy what he wants sexually. One time a college professor of mine got off subject and spoke about how the car he bought his wife was the most expensive blowjob he'd ever gotten. I guess I'm saying...if women wanted to, they could control most men with sex. I know more guys "whipped" and controlled by girls than I've EVER seen men control the relationship. I was one of them until I said enough is enough.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:43 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,493 times
Quote:

This is something I found interesting in the show Survivor. With a million dollars on the line and in a situation of primitive survival of the fittest, all the feminist theory went straight out the window and the women had zero problems reverting to the typical feminine traits, that are supposedly not in their nature and are imposed on them by sexist men, to get ahead in the game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies