Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 10:57 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,947,956 times

Advertisements

The OP wants us to acknowledge that immigrants "have a far dimmer view of the pathologies of inner city African Americans". Okay, and? I am not sure why we're supposed to respect the opinions of people who came here from places that have higher homicide rates than the United States. It isn't like these people came from a bastion of morality.

Crime in Russia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The OP is always talking about how Africans and Caribeans have such great values and a strong work ethic. OP, do you want to explain why the crime rates are so high in many African and Caribean countries? Could it have anything to do with history or is it simply culture?

To prejudge and discriminate based on race alone is racist, and that applies no matter where the bigot comes from. Whether or not you want to acknowledge that the history of racism in this country has any effect on the present does not change the fact that it does. However, it is a major contradiction to say that we should forget about the past and take personal responsibility for our actions, but then turnarond and judge an entire group of people based on the actions of a few. It's a two way street.

People are responsible for their own INDIVIDUAL actions. I am not responsible for what every black person on the planet does because our ancestors came from the same continent any more than every European is responsible for the actions of every European on this planet. Anyone who passes judgement based on ancestry is a racist, whether they were born in Russia, Ghana, South Africa or Philly.

For everyone that plays the race card, there are ten racists. If there was no bigotry, no discrimination and no racism, there would be no race card (justifiable or not). Why not get rid of the root of the problem first? If you're sick of the race card, get rid of the deck.

It is racists who attempt to use the bad people among a certain group (which are obviously the minority of that group) as an excuse to prejudge and discriminate against that group. The majority of black people do not sit around smoking weed, collecting food stamps and welfare checks, committing crime and fighting. On the flip side I can totally understand why people who come here from places where they were surrounded by poverty and chaos would appreciate this country much more than those who were born here. They don't have the AMERICAN (not a black thing) sense of entitlement and take opportunity for granted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2013, 11:57 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,634,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It's her truth.
Just like defending Jim Crow is a sensible way of thinking for you, a "black" man?

My truth is the truth, as opposed to that of a person who sees a few miscreant weed-smoking brothers and says that all black men are like that. Are you like that? If not, why are you defending her??

Old 03-09-2013, 11:59 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,634,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
How long should a person live somewhere before their opinion means something? 2, 5, 7, 10? I am not saying I agree with her. You are the one that brought up the years issue, so you should have an opinion as to when the opinion would be more meaningful.
In her case? Never.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:19 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,512,619 times
Amazing how many come on here and accuse these women of being racist.

They were asked what they saw in their neighborhoods. They told the reporter what they see. How does that make them racist? It doesn't.

I suppose if they see a black person on a front porch with a joint on Tuesday morning they should lie and say they saw Snow White’s sister and she's a pediatric nurse? Would that make you all feel better.

The problem with the race baiters (liberals) is that no one can tell the truth, lest they be called a racist.

If someone dares tell a black teenager to stay in school and learn English and math and don't have kids out of wedlock then they are racist. Because as we all know, wanting a better life for a black person proves you hate blacks.

Maybe if these black losers that dropped out of school and do drugs and rob people engaged in acceptable social behavior the Russian and Panamanian women would say something different. Just a thought.

Liberals (and too many blacks) deny the truth though. They want everyone that doesn't agree with them to shut up so they accuse them of racism. And then all our problems are solved.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Just like defending Jim Crow is a sensible way of thinking for you, a "black" man?

My truth is the truth, as opposed to that of a person who sees a few miscreant weed-smoking brothers and says that all black men are like that. Are you like that? If not, why are you defending her??
No one said all black men are like that.

The ladies in the article were talking about black men they saw.

Doesn't make them racist. There were telling what they see everyday.

Would you prefer that they lied and say they saw Mr. Roger's brother and he's a firefighter?

Would that make you feel better?

Last edited by OhioRules; 03-10-2013 at 12:42 AM..

Old 03-10-2013, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
The OP wants us to acknowledge that immigrants "have a far dimmer view of the pathologies of inner city African Americans". Okay, and? I am not sure why we're supposed to respect the opinions of people who came here from places that have higher homicide rates than the United States. It isn't like these people came from a bastion of morality.
What does this have to do with what the 2 ladies see in Philadelphia everyday?

Oh that's right. Nothing.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:34 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,544,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
What does this have to do with what the 2 ladies see in Philadelphia everyday?

Oh that's right. Nothing.
Doesn't matter, since what the supposed Russian Immigrant sees, is just the usual old stereotype.

So here's a question - why is this supposedly amazing Russian immigrant doing driving around black neighborhoods when she should be working?

Old 03-10-2013, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Doesn't matter, since what the supposed Russian Immigrant sees, is just the usual old stereotype.

So here's a question - why is this supposedly amazing Russian immigrant doing driving around black neighborhoods when she should be working?
It's not a "usual old stereotype" if that is what she sees.

From the article it sounds like that is the way she gets to work.

So here's a question- if she is telling reporter what she sees why should people call her a racist?

Old 03-10-2013, 06:13 AM

116 posts, read 93,589 times
[quote=Taratova;28597934]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
This is so idiotic I can't even respond. I am still trying to get one of you apologists for that racist Russian female cited earlier to tell me what was true about her statement. You can't because you know it was bullcrap.

The truth and if you don't know about it you are ignorant . Black friends of mine in NJ won't go out at night because of the gun shots.. they also spoke of people protecting their cars after the Sandy storm because they knew that the gas would be syphoned out of their cars because electric was out. Sitting all night in a car to make sure your gas isn't stolen is crazy , but not in some neighborhoods.

Here we go with the timeless "black friends of mine" excuse to justify your bigotry.

Old 03-10-2013, 06:27 AM

116 posts, read 93,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Black neighborhoods never bothered me, I live in one now.

The only black neighborhoods I lived in that I heard gun shots on a regular basis was when I lived in Los Angeles and later Detroit. I have no idea why 'gun shots' bother people in black neighborhoods especially since most of it is arbitrary discharge (i.e firing to show off the gun). Gun shots don't seem to bother many whites who live in the country during deer season or the like. I remember walking a trail in Michigan where you heard guns go off repeatably because there was a range nearby. Didn't seem to bother anyone, so why does it in black neighborhoods?

Because blacks have been an enigma to them since 1865. Any race on earth would've waged war immediately after their enslavement if they were in our shoes. The phobia of blacks has been used to justify the Al Qaeda like tactics of the KKK and various white supremacist groups and institutionalized racism.

I used to live around white trash, and trust me they aren't any different than a bunch of hoppers firing shots in the air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies