Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2013, 04:13 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,512,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Obama is doing what he said he would and what the American people voted for him to do. Apparently you didn't vote for him.

I'd say, it is a 50/50 split.

The perfect storm for a Archduke Ferdinand moment.......... I'd say

Hell have no mercy, for those against freedom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2013, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
rand Paul is a tea bagging idiot.

Tell me why any congress would cheer when the speaker announces he will not negotiate? These dbags are what's wrong with the country and do everything to bring it down. They add NO Value!!

I think the Constitution has been compromised enough, don't you think?

Old 03-07-2013, 04:29 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,256,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
The president nor holder never denied its possible.

Rand Paul 2016
At least Holder now admits the President does not have that power

http://www.paul.senate.gov/files/doc...ouseLetter.pdf

Quote:
It has come to my attention that you have now asked an additional question: "Does the President have the authority to use a weaponized drone to kill an American not engaged in combat on American soil?" The answer to that question is no.
So within the "oh you asked another question" routine, Holder admits that they have no authority to do so. However there is no statement that they will not, but if they do, then at least we know that they know they had no authority to act in that way.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-07-2013 at 05:03 PM..

Old 03-07-2013, 04:35 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,482,511 times
Default Republicans blast Rand Pauls dog and pony show

Rand Paul filibuster blasted by John McCain, Lindsey Graham - Kate Nocera - POLITICO.com

I am glad that some Republicans see Paul's filibuster for what it really was. Guess they will be labeled Rhinos now.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Rand Paul filibuster blasted by John McCain, Lindsey Graham - Kate Nocera - POLITICO.com

I am glad that some Republicans see Paul's filibuster for what it really was. Guess they will be labeled Rhinos now.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You crack me up.
Now????

Hell, John McCain use to be a Democrat.
Lindsey Graham, might as well have Globalist Progressive, tattooed on his forehead.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:46 PM

68,300 posts, read 54,222,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
What Paul is whining about is the hypothetical case of the President using a drone to kill terrorists in the U.S., a right the President already has in defense of Americans.

In every state, police sharpshooters train to kill suspects without benefit of trial. Using a drone is legally not different. If a drone destroyed the rented van before the first WTC attack, who would say that wouldn't have been justifiable?
There was autjorization to shoot down airliners on 9/11 if necessary. How is that any different than Holder saying authorization might be given to kill Americans under extraordinary circumstance?

Old 03-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 23 hours ago)

27,543 posts, read 16,022,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post

what was it really?

Old 03-07-2013, 04:51 PM

The Progressives are seeing the leadership of the Republican Party slip from their hands.
Rand is too much like his dad, scaring the hell out of the Progressives in the Republican party.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:56 PM

8,058 posts, read 3,930,277 times
Obama is rewriting the dictionary to maintain his supply of "Terror Tuesday" snuff films:

Editors for Predators
To justify drone strikes, the Obama administration is twisting language and the law.

To Kill an American

Talk about omniscient powers - it's not hard to see why people (myself included) believe Obama is a malignant narcissist.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:58 PM

7,999 posts, read 12,695,543 times
Rand Paul in an embarrassment to government. Our government should be able to kill a citizen if they want to on U.S. soil without trial via a drone attack.....

Wake up idiots. This "policy' is unconstitutional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies