U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 02:11 PM

6,502 posts, read 5,072,006 times

Advertisements

Capitol janitors making ‘ends meet’ with overtime? Nope - The Washington Post

WaPo: Yep, White House is still lying about janitors Hot Air

Just as sure as the sun will rise from the east again tomorrow, Obama and his WH continue to lie. Look liberal drones, the "everybody does it" excuse can only last for so long. How the hell long are you going to continue to defend a habitual liar?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 03:21 PM

20,894 posts, read 13,655,437 times
As long as he remains less of a liar than the right wingers who attack him for lying, he needs no defense.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
As long as he remains less of a liar than the right wingers who attack him for lying, he needs no defense.

I think there was a time where I thought you were one of the almost respectable liberals. That time has long passed. You are a hack. You care nothing but for your stupid, twisted agenda. You serve no purpose but to bring this country further down as you continue to prop up people like Obama.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:36 PM

58,182 posts, read 40,987,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I think there was a time where I thought you were one of the almost respectable liberals. That time has long passed. You are a hack. You care nothing but for your stupid, twisted agenda. You serve no purpose but to bring this country further down as you continue to prop up people like Obama.
And the purpose you serve would be?

Are you actually naive enough to believe your apparently adored conservatives don't play the same lying game?

Or are you just a garden variety hypocrite?

Old 03-06-2013, 03:37 PM

13,984 posts, read 10,926,364 times
Quote:
Capitol janitors making ‘ends meet’ with overtime? Nope - The Washington Post

WaPo: Yep, White House is still lying about janitors Hot Air

Just as sure as the sun will rise from the east again tomorrow, Obama and his WH continue to lie. Look liberal drones, the "everybody does it" excuse can only last for so long. How the hell long are you going to continue to defend a habitual liar?
Yes, he got that statement wrong. He should just admit it and get on with it. Janitors don't earn much overtime pay and won't get their hours cut - for now.

But the overall point still stands that many government workers will see their earnings slashed by unwise and unnecessary cuts that could be redirected to much more necessary things to cut first. Whether they are janitors or clerical workers or security agents is beside the point. Focus on the bigger picture.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:43 PM

4,839 posts, read 3,566,724 times
Quote:
This coming from the person who posts "incest is gross. queerness is gross", liberals this, liberals that, Obama sucks, blah blah blah. Oh the irony!

Old 03-06-2013, 03:44 PM

86,093 posts, read 72,507,006 times
5% cuts..imagine when we have to make some real cuts ?

Old 03-06-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Yes, he got that statement wrong. He should just admit it and get on with it. Janitors don't earn much overtime pay and won't get their hours cut - for now.

But the overall point still stands that many government workers will see their earnings slashed by unwise and unnecessary cuts that could be redirected to much more necessary things to cut first. Whether they are janitors or clerical workers or security agents is beside the point. Focus on the bigger picture.

You dont get it. Government spending has increased. We have unnecessary positions like calligraphers. Many unnecessary programs. You can not tell me that we dont have plenty of areas that need cut in our government.

But Obama instead uses his pulpit to play scare tactic and liar and say Oh look, the janitor is going to get hurt. The man is not a leader, never had been. He was never serious about cutting spending responsibly. We've seen the email directed at agencies to MAKE IT HURT. They dont give one damn about right, wrong. They care about an agenda.

The bigger picture is that we can not sustain our spending, raising taxes can not be the solution. And citing a janitor losing pay is nonsense. We need to go through every solitary dime, position, program, agency, and cut/budget/get rid of. PERIOD.

He could have used this time to lead, to show he is serious about saving the country. He could of started with cutting unnecessary positions and programs. Directing every agency to go through their budgets deeply. He didnt. Instead, he tries to scare the country, inciting that we cant make big cuts to our government or all hell will break loose.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
This coming from the person who posts "incest is gross. queerness is gross", liberals this, liberals that, Obama sucks, blah blah blah. Oh the irony!
I dont give a damn what you think a bout me and my non politically correct self. Dont like it, put me on ignore.

What I said was true. Blanket defense and the like of this Administration and others going forward has to friggin stop. Quit covering up for liars and hypocrites. Put your silly agendas aside and think about the future of this country for once.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:49 PM

4,839 posts, read 3,566,724 times
Quote:
I dont give a damn what you think a bout me and my non politically correct self. Dont like it, put me on ignore.

What I said was true. Blanket defense and the like of this Administration and others going forward has to friggin stop. Quit covering up for liars and hypocrites. Put your silly agendas aside and think about the future of this country for once.
Likewise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies