Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 07:39 AM

340 posts, read 495,531 times

Advertisements

I think there needs to be some very close over site as to who pays for it, where you can get one done so it does not hold up a private sale on a Sunday ect. But that said should we get it off the table so we as gun owners don't look crazy and the left will have to then go to their main ideas of banning guns outright?

The poles show that 80% in most conservative districts want a UBGC. So my question should we just make it palitable as possible [making the government pay for any and all charges to do them, and also make it so any FFL holder has to do them in a timely fashion so as not to inconvenience anyone waiting, and exempt people from having to do one if they know personally the individual as friend and or family member]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2013, 07:42 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,131,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samcrow2 View Post
The poles show that 80% in most conservative districts want a UBGC.
I'm not so sure the Polish people get a say in this matter...

Old 03-07-2013, 07:44 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,294,075 times
Quote:
I think there needs to be some very close over site as to who pays for it, where you can get one done so it does not hold up a private sale on a Sunday ect. But that said should we get it off the table so we as gun owners don't look crazy and the left will have to then go to their main ideas of banning guns outright?

The poles show that 80% in most conservative districts want a UBGC. So my question should we just make it palitable as possible [making the government pay for any and all charges to do them, and also make it so any FFL holder has to do them in a timely fashion so as not to inconvenience anyone waiting, and exempt people from having to do one if they know personally the individual as friend and or family member]
The gun manufacturers and sellers, NRA, gun nuts who think background checks are the first step towards confiscation, and therefore conservative politicians don't want universal background checks.

Seriously, I don't know why anyone votes for conservatives.

What do they support other than tax cuts for rich people that anyone actually supports as a policy?

I mean conservatives were against a law titled the Violence against women act, the majority in the house voted against the bill.

They continue to enact anti abortiion bill after anti- abortion bill.

It is so bad that when a Republican politician actually does something that benefits their constituents it is a note worthy moment because it rarely happens.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:50 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
I think there needs to be some very close over site as to who pays for it, where you can get one done so it does not hold up a private sale on a Sunday ect.
Any legislation needs to clearly not hinder the private sale of firearms. We don't need a situation where the gun dealers are leveraging fees on background checks to hinder private sales.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:51 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
universal checks is first step towards universal confiscation.
i guess i am not most people.
strange you insist on universal checks for firearms but vehemently refuse universal id checks, live scan thumb check points everywhere, to see if you are supposed to be in this country.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:52 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
The gun manufacturers and sellers, NRA, gun nuts who think background checks are the first step towards confiscation, and therefore conservative politicians don't want universal background checks.
Anyway you slice it knowing who has guns would be the first step in confiscation, that's just a fact.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:00 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times
Universal background checks would not stop criminals.

Most crime guns come from straw purchasers or are stollen.
http://www.nraila.org/media/10883516...olicy-memo.pdf

Old 03-07-2013, 09:04 AM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:

I disagree that "most people want" them.

I think most people want "universal background checks" so long as you dont define that that means.

Start defining it and support weakens. Do I need to submit myself to government inspection because my dad wants to give me a gun that belonged to his Grandfather?

I suspect, most folks all the sudden change thier view once we define what that "universal" means.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:07 AM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times
I am absolutly for a system that lists those who cannot own a firearm legally.

We have the technology in place that would create a database of names, where a seller can check to see if someone is listed WITHOUT that turning into a storge of people looking to legally purchase firearms.

That is vastly different from a background check, where some government agency is keeping records on who is looking to purchase.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:12 AM

1,137 posts, read 971,643 times
Quote:

The poles show that 80% in most conservative districts want a UBGC. So my question should we just make it palitable as possible [making the government pay for any and all charges to do them, and also make it so any FFL holder has to do them in a timely fashion so as not to inconvenience anyone waiting, and exempt people from having to do one if they know personally the individual as friend and or family member].

What "poles" show 80% of people want UBC?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies