Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 01:11 PM

105 posts, read 84,495 times

Advertisements

HOW AMERICA IS BECOMING A POLICE STATE

From drones to gun raids, under Obama law enforcement is being 'fundamentally transformed'

Read more at HOW AMERICA IS BECOMING A POLICE STATE

Where is the outrage from the Left? The left has shown the public who they are. after 8 years of slamming Bush we now see they are undeniable hypocrites. Now they have looked in the mirror and see They are authoritarian fear mongorers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2013, 01:14 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times
Liberals have been writing about this illegal Presidential policy long before your right wing propaganda media got a hold of it.

Attorney General Holder defends execution without charges - Salon.com

Also, on the latest Patriot Act renewal. More Dems voted against Obama than Republicans did.

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LI...n=1&vote=00084

Old 03-07-2013, 01:14 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanInTheCan View Post
HOW AMERICA IS BECOMING A POLICE STATE

From drones to gun raids, under Obama law enforcement is being 'fundamentally transformed'

Read more at HOW AMERICA IS BECOMING A POLICE STATE

Where is the outrage from the Left? The left has shown the public who they are. after 8 years of slamming Bush we now see they are undeniable hypocrites. Now they have looked in the mirror and see They are authoritarian fear mongorers.
The libs have Rand Paul now to carry their flag ...

Old 03-07-2013, 01:17 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times
The actual left in this country thinks Obama is too conservative/authoritarian and have been vocal about it. Why would conservatives not know that? The answer is because conservative media has told you that the left is silent on the issue, so that's what you believe.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
The actual left in this country thinks Obama is too conservative/authoritarian and have been vocal about it. Why would conservatives not know that? The answer is because conservative media has told you that the left is silent on the issue, so that's what you believe.
Exactly. This is just another issue that they can bash Obama on. Just ,in this case, they happen to be right.

Does anyone of these whiney right wing cry babies care that the GOP voted for the Patriot Act in greater numbers than Dems?

Do they give credit to the liberal Dems that oppose Obama on this?

No, they're just out here trying to score some cheap partisan shot.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:24 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,957,230 times
Because there's no political benefit for Democrats in appeasing liberals when it comes to civil liberties since most of the American public seems perfectly okay with giving away their Fourth and Fifth and Ninth Amendment Protections in the name of security and protection. It's not hypocritical, it's lacking the political power to do anything about it.

So, I assume OP is a a card carrying member of the ACLU?

Old 03-07-2013, 01:30 PM

105 posts, read 84,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Exactly. This is just another issue that they can bash Obama on. Just ,in this case, they happen to be right.

Does anyone of these whiney right wing cry babies care that the GOP voted for the Patriot Act in greater numbers than Dems?

Do they give credit to the liberal Dems that oppose Obama on this?

No, they're just out here trying to score some cheap partisan shot.
If you can point out where I supported Bush or the Patriot Act on civil liberties feel free.
Otherwise you can yell at the strawman all you want.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
If you can point out where I supported Bush or the Patriot Act on civil liberties feel free.
Otherwise you can yell at the strawman all you want.
I just gave you an example of liberals that are opposing Obama on the issue of civil liberties in the 2nd post on this thread.

Doesn't that clearly go against your thread title?

When are you going to acknowledge this? Or is this thread just designed to score some partisan "gotcha"?

Old 03-07-2013, 05:12 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
Where is the outrage from the Left?
Okay here it is.

I'm outraged that WND manages to sucker right wing nincompoops into paying their bills.

How's that?

Old 03-07-2013, 05:25 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,994 times
I didn't support Bush on the Patriot Act (in fact I never voted for Bush)nor do I support Obama on this (sadly I did vote for him but for Gary Johnson in 2012). I don't see much difference between Obama and Bush except Bush got us into two wars and a horrible economy while Obama continues these and wants to increase spending foolishly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies