U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-08-2013, 03:36 PM
 
2,919 posts, read 2,787,029 times
Reputation: 1266

Advertisements

The issue is not drones. The issue is the murder of us citizens on us soil without due process.

I should not have to worry about a drone strike, bomb, or a assassin crew coming after me if my only crime is being named (wrongly) as a terrorist while living in the usa. The same holds for any and all americans. If they can wrongly put someone on the do not fly list ( has happened) then they could wrongly target a us citizen. Plus a appoligy does not bring a wronged person back to life. Heck every so often someone is wrongly covicted and sent to jail. They at least get appeals. What does a victom of a drone attack in the usa get? Dead thats all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-08-2013, 03:40 PM
 
Location: Jewel Lake (Sagle) Idaho
27,490 posts, read 17,618,687 times
Reputation: 15586
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post

Is Romney president? I guess I missed something....maybe November was just a bad dream.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2013, 04:58 PM
 
Location: Dublin, CA
3,813 posts, read 3,655,959 times
Reputation: 3967
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You got some proof that it's only 3?
You made the claim...
How about you address the topic of the thread and quit running from your liberal lying side? This wasn't about the number of people water boarded. This about YOUR kind, complaining Bush killed people, however when Obama does it, you look the other way.

Where is your outrage now? No where to be found and THAT is the point of the this thread. As long as someone is giving you money in your pocket, you don't give flying you know what who kills what, whom, where, or anything else. As long as the money keeps flowing to you. THAT is the liberal way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2013, 05:00 PM
 
23,851 posts, read 19,844,563 times
Reputation: 9383
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
The issue is not drones. The issue is the murder of us citizens on us soil without due process.

I should not have to worry about a drone strike, bomb, or a assassin crew coming after me if my only crime is being named (wrongly) as a terrorist while living in the usa. The same holds for any and all americans. If they can wrongly put someone on the do not fly list ( has happened) then they could wrongly target a us citizen. Plus a appoligy does not bring a wronged person back to life. Heck every so often someone is wrongly covicted and sent to jail. They at least get appeals. What does a victom of a drone attack in the usa get? Dead thats all!
Great points. Great post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2013, 05:09 PM
 
Location: Jawjah
2,468 posts, read 1,596,093 times
Reputation: 1099
Today on Hardball...Chris Mathews, Cynthia Tucker and Ron Reagan all criticizing the Obama drone program.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2013, 05:18 PM
 
2,004 posts, read 1,320,779 times
Reputation: 1099
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
The issue is not drones. The issue is the murder of us citizens on us soil without due process.

I should not have to worry about a drone strike, bomb, or a assassin crew coming after me if my only crime is being named (wrongly) as a terrorist while living in the usa. The same holds for any and all americans. If they can wrongly put someone on the do not fly list ( has happened) then they could wrongly target a us citizen. Plus a appoligy does not bring a wronged person back to life. Heck every so often someone is wrongly covicted and sent to jail. They at least get appeals. What does a victom of a drone attack in the usa get? Dead thats all!
Good news! The president agrees with you, and has done what he could to push the "War On Terror" into the existing legal framework - over the strong objections of quite a few of the people who joined in on Rand Paul's filibuster, including Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell. Although to be clear, a number of democrats have also objected to Obama's policy in this regard.

As per the OP, sorry, but I did not object to drone strikes under GWB(although in both cases the methods used to find targets were questionable), and I would object if Obama had US soldiers torture prisoners. Sorry, it's not hypocrisy, it's reacting differently to different subjects.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2013, 05:26 PM
 
Location: 500 miles from home
29,987 posts, read 16,586,324 times
Reputation: 22555
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Today on Hardball...Chris Mathews, Cynthia Tucker and Ron Reagan all criticizing the Obama drone program.
Whaaaat? I think we need to repeat this because no one seems to have picked up on this.

Shocking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2013, 07:01 PM
 
Location: a nation with hope
13,153 posts, read 17,412,211 times
Reputation: 5026
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
The issue is not drones. The issue is the murder of us citizens on us soil without due process.

I should not have to worry about a drone strike, bomb, or a assassin crew coming after me if my only crime is being named (wrongly) as a terrorist while living in the usa. The same holds for any and all americans. If they can wrongly put someone on the do not fly list ( has happened) then they could wrongly target a us citizen. Plus a appoligy does not bring a wronged person back to life. Heck every so often someone is wrongly covicted and sent to jail. They at least get appeals. What does a victom of a drone attack in the usa get? Dead thats all!
You said it well!

It may have been mentioned, but if not -- let's remember the groups of citizens that Pelosi and the like labeled "terrorists". Pelosi called the TEA party patriots and their supporters terrorists, racists and Nazis and, I believe, "insurgents". Biden called those on the right "terrorists"...I believe Pelosi even suggested that returing veterans are dangerous. Obama suggested that Christians are extremists who cling to their Bibles and guns. All because these people didn't agree with the Democrats' agenda.

Now, with the Administration's penchant for redefining and relabeling groups, people, programs, etc. to suit their ends, who can say that tomorrow you won't be labeled a 'terrorist' simply because you dare to have a differing opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-11-2013, 07:49 AM
 
40,092 posts, read 24,341,034 times
Reputation: 12616
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Basically, all you're saying is that, because liberals don't 100% coordinate and speak with one oppositional voice against Barack Obama, liberals cannot be held to the standards of an ideological monolith. This is a fundamentally flawed assessment on your part because, even in the absence of a specific unified voice, liberals have routinely and persistently remained conspicuously silent (and monumentally hypocritical) in defiance of their past record of being in fact a unified voice against the policies of George W. Bush.

Your mental gymnasitics and ideological contortionism in defense of liberal hypocrisy and Barack Obama is not at all impressive.
That fundamental "flaw" is the exact same "flaw" you rely on when you say that Rush Limbaugh, or Karl Rove, or John McCain or the Tea Party doesn't represent ALL conservatives. Given the extensive list I provided you, clearly liberals have not remained "routinely and persisitently" "conspicuously silent" on any issue. The fact is that when liberals criticize Obama, as I've done on several threads on this forum, then other posters don't read or see a "liberal" criticizing Obama, they see a "conservative" criticizing Obama. It's the same with the south-bashing threads. I point out that bashing the South is a form of prejudice, and people think I must fit the stereotype of a Southerner. I have to tell them I'm a liberal, and even then they try to pigeonhole me otherwise. And I've seen the same thing when generally conservative posters on this forum take up the liberal side of an argument. All of a sudden other conservatives are labeling them "*******s".

Liberal and conservative are orientations, and very loose and general ones at that. There is no such thing as a unified voice, because just about every person holds liberal and conservative views on the numerous issues that face Americans, and those views are fluid, depending on how up-close and personal the issues come to a person's real life. Humans are fascinatingly multi-faceted.

Your failure to appreciate the depth, complexity and even contradictory nature of humans is not at all impressive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top