Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 07:17 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,041,557 times

Advertisements

8.5 million jobs no longer exist in the U.S. since Jan 09
Workforce participation at the lowest amount in 40 years at 63.5 %
130,000 people gave up looking for work in February
Real unemployment is 14.5% [when U6 is included]
Unemployment will be down to 5% when another 4 million people are no longer counted as being 'unemployed'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2013, 08:10 PM

30,023 posts, read 18,596,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
Unemployment is now lower than the last month of G.W. Bush's term.
All sectors are up, the stock market is up, and housing is recovering.
Payrolls Rise as U.S. Jobless Rate Reaches Four-Year Low - Bloomberg

Cue the Obama haters in three, two, one...

.................Yet despite increases in population, there are 4 million fewer Americans in the job force. Only a liberal, pleased with statistical manipulation of data and not reality, would be pleased.

I can see how Obama was re-elected now.

By the kill ratio, I can make it look like Nazi Germany won WW2, despite Berlin being bombed, sacked, and occupied by the Russians. I guess a liberal viewpoint (being detached from reality) can rationalize any situation.

Are you liberals really that dense, or do you just presume that the rest of the nation is so obtuse that they will digest your lies as facts?

Old 03-08-2013, 09:01 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,350,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Obama is on the road to sealing his legacy as one of the greatest leaders in American history. Even Lincoln had his detractors but is now considered one of the greatest. 50 years from now Obama will be in the club with the greatest of the great, maybe even on our currency. Go Obama!
Quote:
Dubya nearly destroyed this country. He completely wrecked the economy and destroyed our nation's respect abroad by starting a pointless war in Iraq. Obama has saved our country and restored it to its former greatness! All hail our great, glorious leader!
You don't really expect anyone to take you seriously spewing those delusions, do you? The country was doing great under Bush...until the democrats got control of the House and Senate - you don't think it's all Bushs fault that the economy tanks shortly after that do you? You may have noticed that the economy started to get better after the democrats LOST control of the House, keeping the psychotic spenders from continuing to push their agenda.

Obama has gotten twice as many soldiers killed in Afghanistan than Bush, in half the time but I'm sure that doesn't matter to you, liberals don't ever truly support the troops.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:02 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,497,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Hows the value of your money holding up? Can you buy more or less stuff?
Uh, personally I'm fine. I haven't been effected by the Bush recession. Not sure how that matters to you and others trying to turn wine into water.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:25 PM

24,492 posts, read 33,228,746 times
Quote:
Dubya nearly destroyed this country. He completely wrecked the economy and destroyed our nation's respect abroad by starting a pointless war in Iraq. Obama has saved our country and restored it to its former greatness! All hail our great, glorious leader!
How did G.W. Bush "nearly destroy the country?"

Old 03-08-2013, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Maurio View Post
Yes! Not only that but the stock market is breaking records every day and mortgage rates are at record lows and still falling. Saw an ad for 2.75% on TV! Thanks to President Obama for fixing what the Republicans destroyed.
What did the Republicans "destroy" and how did they do it?

Old 03-08-2013, 09:52 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,386,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
You don't really expect anyone to take you seriously spewing those delusions, do you? The country was doing great under Bush...until the democrats got control of the House and Senate - you don't think it's all Bushs fault that the economy tanks shortly after that do you? You may have noticed that the economy started to get better after the democrats LOST control of the House, keeping the psychotic spenders from continuing to push their agenda.

Obama has gotten twice as many soldiers killed in Afghanistan than Bush, in half the time but I'm sure that doesn't matter to you, liberals don't ever truly support the troops.
With two concurrent wars, weak gdp growth and mounting debt? Yeah, everything was peachy. Your theory is wrong--most economists saw the 2007 Recession coming long before the Dem-controlled congress was in any position to affect our nation's economy.

Recession looming over US economy -DAWN - Business; September 25, 2006

The U.S. lost nearly seven million jobs in 2008 and 2009 before finally stopping the bleeding in 2010 with growth that continues to this day--ruining your other theory that Republicans retaking the House saved the economy. You guys are rarely part of the solution, don't kid yourselves.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:56 PM

7,106 posts, read 4,712,743 times
The country is doing great, so close the Whitehouse to any Americans or foreign travelers who have planned their trips around this historic tour.

It's the Peoples' house, not his. He is being PAID by Americans to be there.

I just wrote my dem senator and told her I was never voting democrat again because of this scam of closing the whitehouse to visitors.

Gimme a break. He's a manipulator, at best.

toodie

Old 03-08-2013, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Another classic right-winger tactic. Blame the Dem controlled congress. Its BS though--all signs pointed to the looming recession well before the Dems took over:

Recession looming over US economy -DAWN - Business; September 25, 2006

The recession began months after the '07-'08 fiscal year began. Blame that weak sauce president with his credit card wars and deregulation of banks and Wall Street. We were ripe for a disaster, thanks to Bush.
All signs also pointed to a looming recession before Bush was president. The economy was heading into a recession by the end of Clinton's second term and became a recession by March, 2001.

Moral of the story: Recessions occur every so often.

But I guess a 7.7% unemployment rate (the lowest under Obama) is "better" than a 4.5% unemployment rate (the lowest under G.W. Bush)!

Old 03-09-2013, 08:03 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,661,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Uh, personally I'm fine. I haven't been effected by the Bush recession. Not sure how that matters to you and others trying to turn wine into water.
It's Obama that is considered the miracle worker by the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
The country is doing great, so close the Whitehouse to any Americans or foreign travelers who have planned their trips around this historic tour.

It's the Peoples' house, not his. He is being PAID by Americans to be there.

I just wrote my dem senator and told her I was never voting democrat again because of this scam of closing the whitehouse to visitors.

Gimme a break. He's a manipulator, at best.

toodie
I've heard a few others say similar things - they have expressed their deep disappointment at Obama's manipulation, which they see as spiteful and mean-spirited. How else would you describe his actions when he has the authority to decide what will be shut down?

Yes, he's a good president -- not even adding to the unemployment rate because the security force will still get paid, they'll just be re-assigned to "make work" tasks for the duration of the WH shutdown. He makes every penny count, doesn't he. Plus, the federal government has just posted 400 new job openings!

How's that for job growth!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies