Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 10:04 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
You have to be qualified to get into the union.
That's a bunch of malarkey as a popular idiot might say. The only qualification you need these days to get into the union is a friend or father in a position of power. I don't know anyone who honestly believes that union workers are more qualified or produce higher quality work/products than non-union workers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2013, 10:05 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,512,784 times
Quote:
You have to be qualified to get into the union. Good luck with that. Jealousy is most of what I see from non-union scabs.
No you don't. You have to vote in a union.

You have to be qualified to work in a non-union shop. You think they hire people that are unqualified to do a job? lols.

The fact that you call people "scabs" proves you don't give a rat's ass about workers. If you did, you wouldn't be worried about "scabs." All they are doing is trying to get a job. Something unions say they are for while denying employment for non-union workers.

Another example of union lies.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:07 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
If non-union workers were jealous of union wages then they would form a union.

And, contrary to popular belief, employers are not out to screw over employees. No need for some union dope to look out for us.

Of course they are. If you could pay a worker $5 an hour for a 10 hour plus day instead of paying a worker $10 for an eight hour day...wouldn't you do that. Don't lie, yes you would. A little person by themselves has a hard time standing up for themselves when they feel taken advantage of in the workplace. But numbers are power and that is why unions were formed. And yes, there is still a need for unions today.

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
You know why unions are great? Not too long ago I agreed to take the on-call for the weekend for a buddy who had to go out of town.

We had an ice storm go through so it caused a lot of power outages. We get 4 hours OT for each callout. I was called out 11 times on a Sunday. Even if the job takes me 1 hour I get paid for 4. Even if I didn't go home. 4 hours OT per job. And on Sunday it's double time.

I got 44 hours of double time for working about 14 hours. Try to do that with a non union company.

They paid it no questions asked. The CEO got a 4 million dollar bonus last year for doing nothing. But here you are crying about unions. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
That's a bunch of malarkey as a popular idiot might say. The only qualification you need these days to get into the union is a friend or father in a position of power. I don't know anyone who honestly believes that union workers are more qualified or produce higher quality work/products than non-union workers.
If you want I could link you an AFL_CIO site that proves union workers are more qualified and productive.

I'm sure it's objective. LOLS.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
No you don't. You have to vote in a union.

You have to be qualified to work in a non-union shop. You think they hire people that are unqualified to do a job? lols.

The fact that you call people "scabs" proves you don't give a rat's ass about workers. If you did, you wouldn't be worried about "scabs." All they are doing is trying to get a job. Something unions say they are for while denying employment for non-union workers.

Another example of union lies.
Unions never cared about workers, they only care about worker's dues. As long as you keep paying those dues you're "qualified".

Old 03-08-2013, 10:10 PM

Quote:
You know why unions are great? Not too long ago I agreed to take the on-call for the weekend for a buddy who had to go out of town.

We had an ice storm go through so it caused a lot of power outages. We get 4 hours OT for each callout. I was called out 11 times on a Sunday. Even if the job takes me 1 hour I get paid for 4. Even if I didn't go home. 4 hours OT per job. And on Sunday it's double time.

I got 44 hours of double time for working about 14 hours. Try to do that with a non union company.

They paid it no questions asked. The CEO got a 4 million dollar bonus last year for doing nothing. But here you are crying about unions. LOL.
You don't have to brag about getting paid to do work you never did, you're in a union so that's understood.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:12 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Unions never cared about workers, they only care about worker's dues. As long as you keep paying those dues you're "qualified".

You obviously know nothing about unions. Tell me how much you think people pay in dues.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:12 PM

Quote:

I work in a non-union shop. If I show up for work and there is nothing to do I get paid for 4 hours.

And i didn't need to pay a union rep to do it for me either.

I win.

P.S. If your CEO made 4 million for doing nothing then I suggest you get another job. The company is obviously wasting it's resources. Which mean it will go out of business.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:13 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
You don't have to brag about getting paid to do work you never did, you're in a union so that's understood.
I worked my butt off but I got paid fairly. Thanks to the IBEW.

I think it's sad when I talk to scabs that are making less than half of what I make with no benefits or retirement. My pension will be higher than their wages. And our company pays out huge dividends and huge dough to their execs and gives the customers a fair price.

But you guys just keep on ripping unions and attacking the middle class lifestyle of America. Soon enough you'll be living in trailer houses trying to make ends meet which is apparently what many of you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies