Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 09:02 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
America is not a democracy, we are a republic. The greatest nation in history railed against democracy!

Democracy... while it lasts is more bloody than either aristocracy or monarchy. Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There is never a democracy that did not commit suicide.

This is a Complete Fail!

No soup for you!

I made this post on accident, sorry.

Last edited by chad3; 03-09-2013 at 10:03 AM..

Old 03-09-2013, 09:34 AM

Its the republicans who glamorize Ronald Reagan like a dictator/God.
While republicans call the rest of their deficit causing leaders "great men."

Liberals don't want dictators, but perhaps conservative leaders like Adolf Hitler manipulate liberals sometimes.
And remember Germany's conservatives followed Hitler just the same.

Its conservatives that follow leaders. Today's conservatives believe anything their Fox news and Rush radio leaders tell them.
97% of climate scientists say "global warming is happening."
All respected economists say "tax cuts do (not) increase government revenues."
But conservatives trust their leaders at Fox news and Rush radio, more than they trust scientists or economists.

Look at how many republicans in other political forums, put a picture of R. Reagan next to their name.
Supply side deficit creator Ronald Reagan is a republicans Joseph Stalin.

And if any republican reply's to this post, or says a "single" word to me about this subject, I will post 50 links showing republicans calling their dictator/God Ronald Reagan a "great man." Supply side deficit creator Ronald Reagan, has more men calling him a "great man" than Joseph Stalin did.

Last edited by chad3; 03-09-2013 at 10:08 AM..

Old 03-09-2013, 10:04 AM

I would sincerely like to thank (some) conservatives in this thread for the following, "knocking down God Damn dictators."
I think there's a (good) chance Hugo Chavez was a manipulating dictator like man. But liberals love his liberal (laws) so much, they are overlooking the fact this man is (highly) questionable. These liberals don't want a dictator, they just love liberal laws so much they become blind.

To liberals, was Hugo Chavez a dictator? I don't know for sure, but Chavez's intentions are questionable to say the least.
You should not glamorize Hugo Chavez, you should glamorize the liberal (laws) you love so much instead.

Fox news and Rush radio are telling everyone democrats want to turn America into communists (like the USSR.)
And most Americans believe Hugo Chavez was a dictator. All of this Hugo Chavez praise could cause someone to join the "corporate propaganda" of Fox news and Rush radio.

Last edited by chad3; 03-09-2013 at 10:20 AM..

Old 03-09-2013, 02:28 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,288,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldous9 View Post
Chavez wasn't even in the top 10 of worst South American dictators.
and as for this faux concern about how chavez limited personal freedom in venezuela , he was in the happeny place compared to the ruling saudi royal family yet the house of saud are allies

Old 03-09-2013, 02:31 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,288,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Americans need to stay the hell out of Venezuela's business regardless of their political ideology. We can only make things worse like we always do when we meddle.

Venezuela is of no strategic importance to the U.S.
cnbc and bloomberg had several segments this past week about how venezuela has the largest oil reservies ( albeit thick and difficult to work with ) in the world , something tells me the u.s will continue to show an interest in that country

Old 03-09-2013, 02:37 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Democracy has to be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting over what to have for dinner. (paraphrasing Bovard)

"In a democracy, two wolves and a sheep take a majority vote on what's for supper. In a constitutional republic, the wolves are forbidden on voting on what's for supper, and the sheep are well armed." --Unknown

Last edited by whogo; 03-09-2013 at 02:53 PM..

Old 03-09-2013, 03:06 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,563,825 times
Venezuelan oil is dirty and expensive to process.

Old 03-09-2013, 03:07 PM

37,800 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Like most dictators, they get rich while their people get poorer.

Old 03-09-2013, 03:08 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
cnbc and bloomberg had several segments this past week about how venezuela has the largest oil reservies ( albeit thick and difficult to work with ) in the world , something tells me the u.s will continue to show an interest in that country
We can buy their oil on the world market without meddling in their affairs.

I bought some Chorizo today, and I don't care if my butcher slapped his wife and kids. All I care about is how good it tastes.

Old 03-09-2013, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Apparently the rich either don`t know or don`t care that Obama is raping them.
Obama Wins 8 of the Nation’s 10 Wealthiest Counties
Your source shows that many/most of America's wealthiest people are starting to support democrats.

It is the strength of Americas currency, economy, and government that maintains the (stability) of Americas wealthiest citizens wealth. And the deficits that republicans create with supply side tax cuts, are making our national debt so high, it threatens the stability of the American government.

Also a group of insane republican CEO's (who fund Fox news and Rush radio), these CEO's want to abolish the IRS, FDA, EPA, ex.ex. so these government agencies can no longer bother their corporations. But the fact is these government agencies keep America safe, (stable), and healthy, and many of Americas richest citizens are starting to realize this.

All you Fox news followers and libertarians have insane CEO dreams, of disassembling the government of the United States of America. Thank God the rich people in your source are not stupid enough to follow those dreams.

All of you republicans and librarians should watch the following Australian made documentary. A group of American CEO's (who fund Fox news) are manipulating you all, like you all were retarded sheep. Scientists and propaganda experts say "Fox news and Rush radio are corporate propaganda groups."

The Billionaires' Tea Party (Full Length Documentary) - YouTube

And thank you for the great (campaign money news.)
You republicans are currently going after poor and middle class voters,
perhaps you should turn around and go after the money (the rich effect our government, more than anyone else.)

Last edited by chad3; 03-09-2013 at 03:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies