Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 08:46 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
How did all those expensive toys work out for us on 9-11?
Hows that little paycheck working out for you after Jan 2013.

and Obama said "The middle class will not pay one more dime in taxes"

He lied to you and takes more of your money and you still defend him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2013, 12:40 PM

1,520 posts, read 1,873,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Why not just give the government 100% of what you earn and let them care, cloth, feed and house us all.
That is not the government's roll. It is their roll to do this for the poor but not for everybody.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
If the nations we are defending would defend themselves then we could cut military spending.

However, that is not an excuse to leave social spending where it is. It needs to be cut not simply because we can't afford it, but because we shouldn't be doing it even if we can afford it.

Instead of cutting defense so we can spend more on social programs, we can cut both and simply not run a deficit of hundreds of billions.

As far as the federal budget goes, it should be even more than double, because defense spending is part of the constitution and welfare spending is not.

Let the states do it, as per the 10th amendment.
Why the hell would they if they can get it for free from us suckers?

Old 03-10-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post

Talk about losing credibility.....but I guess when you have nothing to lose it's not so much of an issue
I DVR her show everyday and watch it. It is not about credibility because she has all of it you need. She is no nonsense and she always ask the sorry litigants in her court what they do for a living and when about 1/2 of them say "nothing" and she ask how they support themselves, they always say Social Security. And she lets them know she is not sympathetic to them leeching off the SS system when they are standing there perfectly able to work. That takes guts and most TV people do not have the guts she has. I applaud her for showing off all the FRAUD in this program that is going on while they are trying to take benefits away from us who earned them over many decades of work.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Gay sex and smoking dope are not civil liberties.. Now, if your talking about individual freedoms your boy in the whitehouse has destroyed more of those than Bush even considered..

Nice work!
Gay sex and smoking dope do not harm you or anybody else in any way. They do not deprive you of life, liberty, work or property.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:54 PM

We need a real liberal who will stand up or programs like SS and Medicare as well as civil liberties, civil rights and good government programs. Not a fake liberal who took Bush's "kill list" and ran with it and thinks he has the power to fly drones over American cities and blow up people he doesn't like.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:00 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,367,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Maurio View Post
We have to keep an eye on Obama and let him know how we feel. Especially about Social Security and medicare. The fact he is having dinners and lunch with right wing fanatical Republicans bothers me greatly. It makes me think we are about to get screwed big time. If there is one thing the parties can all agree on, it is screwing the working people. We must not allow this to happen.
You voted for a politician you didn't trust, you get what you deserve. Unfortunately people like you mean the rest of us get what you deserve too.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
You voted for a politician you didn't trust, you get what you deserve. Unfortunately people like you mean the rest of us get what you deserve too.
I trusted the other guy a whole lot less. There is one candidate who says openly that he is going to do you in and the other candidate who verbally says he won't do you in but whos actions speak louder, who the hell are you going to choose?

Old 03-10-2013, 03:23 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,939,765 times
Quote:
There is NO NO NO problem to fix by cutting benefits. Any problems with these programs are caused by CONGRESS and not the people who have paid into them for life. Do not be fooled. For one thing there are millions of people on Social Security Disability that should not be there. I see them all the time on Judge Judy (one of the few people with the guts to ferret out this crap). You are supposed to be TOTALLY disabled and unable to perform ANY type of work. I would argue that if you have the ability to get on an airplane, fly to California and stand there on a TV show, you damn well can work! And I see these lawyer ads on late night TV all the time that say crap like "are you a chronic drunk or does your ear itch a lot? you can get Social Security Disability!".
You get your information from Judge Judy???

Seriously, dude????!!!!

Old 03-10-2013, 04:41 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
We have to keep an eye on Obama and let him know how we feel. Especially about Social Security and medicare. The fact he is having dinners and lunch with right wing fanatical Republicans bothers me greatly. It makes me think we are about to get screwed big time. If there is one thing the parties can all agree on, it is screwing the working people. We must not allow this to happen.
What did 0bama do the last four years to strengthen Medicare and Social Security from becoming insolvent? He did nothing at all. Unless you count diverting $70 billion a year from Medicare to 0bamaCare each year for ten years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies