Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 06:20 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Are you being sarcastic or not? Your use of the sarcasm smiley indicates you don't believe that "those who engage in homosexuality are pathetic abomination" and that you actually support gay people, but your posting history indicates it's an actual reflection of your bigotry and what you believe.
I know you're just trying to make a point, but it's funny to me you used black people. My experience has been a lot of gay white men, more so than straight white men, do not like black men straight or gay. Many refuse to date black men while few straight white men refuse to date black women. I also hear a lot of derogatory things said by the gay white community towards blacks in general.

San Francisco is the gay white mecca and Atlanta is the gay black mecca. They're segregated for a reason. What are your thoughts on this hammertime? I'm actually curious on this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2013, 07:04 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
I know you're just trying to make a point, but it's funny to me you used black people. My experience has been a lot of gay white men, more so than straight white men, do not like black men straight or gay. Many refuse to date black men while few straight white men refuse to date black women. I also hear a lot of derogatory things said by the gay white community towards blacks in general.

San Francisco is the gay white mecca and Atlanta is the gay black mecca. They're segregated for a reason. What are your thoughts on this hammertime? I'm actually curious on this one.

You didn't ask me, but I think that it has to do with the natural white tendency of some to want to "rule over" the other races. Since gay white men are already put down in society, I think that these guys that you speak of may "cling" to their whiteness as an advantage. I disagree with you that nearly all straight white men will date black women. I've never heard that to be the reality, and that was true with southerners and northerners. If so, where are all of these interracial couples? There is also a considerable amount of resentment that religious blacks put gay people down so much and don't always sympathize with what gay men feel is a "common struggle" for societal acceptance. Just look what happened when it was reported that 70% of black voters voted FOR Prop 8 in Calif. That media report creates resentment. The blacks that don't support gays view it as a "choice", not a "benign characteristic like skin color" as Colin Powell once said. I find that there is more of this racial separateness in the southern states, not as prevalent in Socal where I used to live. Atlanta is also the mecca for ALL black people, not just gay ones. Calif has never had more than the national average of black population. It's understandable that SF would not be a "black gay mecca" espec when you consider the exorbitant cost of living there.

Last edited by wehotex; 03-10-2013 at 07:18 PM..

Old 03-10-2013, 07:11 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:

My thoughts are I've never experienced this division in the gay community that you apparently have. I've lived most of my adult life in Portland OR (which is the whitest big city in the US, plus I was pretty isolated in my college bubble, so to be honest I never really interacted with many black people there), Denver, where there is basically 1 gay neighborhood and black and white and Latino gays live there together in harmony, and 1 year in Harlem, where it's a multicultural rainbow of togetherness.

I have several gay white friends who have dated black men, and the gay social circles I'm a part of are all welcoming towards and include black guys. I can only recall one of my gay friends ever saying anything I'd consider racist. And he's just a provocateur in general, so I'm not really sure if he means it (he's also rabid gun-touting, Muslim bashing, neo-conservative who was, as an open gay man, president of the University of Oregon's Young Republicans). Funny enough given your comments about San Fransisco being a gay white mecca, he's lived in San Fransisco the last 5 years and always is complaining how it's just overrun with minorities and how he can't find a decent white guy. That said, he's a huge sl*t, and has probably had sex with more black men in the 6 months than men in total I've had sex with my entire life.

In my experience, the only generalized negativity I've seen coming from the gay male community is a hostility towards lesbians.

Finally, I find it a bit strange that you spend enough time with members of the gay community such that you hear gays say lots of things, let alone say lots of anti-black racist comments. Perhaps you just hang out with more racists, whether gay or straight, than I do.

Old 03-10-2013, 07:37 PM

734 posts, read 932,896 times
Quote:
Are you being sarcastic or not? Your use of the sarcasm smiley indicates you don't believe that "those who engage in homosexuality are pathetic abomination" and that you actually support gay people, but your posting history indicates it's an actual reflection of your bigotry and what you believe.
I am not being sarcastic; I despise the homosexual agenda and lifestyle. The mere fact that you actually believe that gays are comparable is utterly insane!

God created African people. You however choose to sleep with men. How dare you imply that having dark skin is the equivalent of being a homosexual!

Old 03-10-2013, 07:41 PM

Quote:

The mere fact that white homosexuals compare themselves to black people should tell you what they are about. It's a disgrace, because they are attempting to equate having dark skin w/ being an abomination.

Old 03-10-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
I am not being sarcastic; I despise the homosexual agenda and lifestyle. The mere fact that you actually believe that gays are comparable is utterly insane!

God created African people. You however choose to sleep with men. How dare you imply that having dark skin is the equivalent of being a homosexual!
Well, if you're not being sarcastic, then you shouldn't use the sarcasm smiley. That tends to make people think you're being sarcastic.

And when did I imply or say that gay and black are equivalent? One is a sexual orientation, and one is a skin pigmentation. There are similarities though. Both are innate, biologically determined characteristics.

And again, I did not choose to be gay. I can stop being gay in the same way you can stop being black (I could pretend to be straight, and you could use a skin bleacher).

Old 03-10-2013, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
You didn't ask me, but I think that it has to do with the natural white tendency of some to want to "rule over" the other races. Since gay white men are already put down in society, I think that these guys that you speak of may "cling" to their whiteness as an advantage. I disagree with you that nearly all straight white men will date black women. I've never heard that to be the reality, and that was true with southerners and northerners. If so, where are all of these interracial couples? There is also a considerable amount of resentment that religious blacks put gay people down so much and don't always sympathize with what gay men feel is a "common struggle" for societal acceptance. Just look what happened when it was reported that 70% of black voters voted FOR Prop 8 in Calif. That media report creates resentment. The blacks that don't support gays view it as a "choice", not a "benign characteristic like skin color" as Colin Powell once said. I find that there is more of this racial separateness in the southern states, not as prevalent in Socal where I used to live. Atlanta is also the mecca for ALL black people, not just gay ones. Calif has never had more than the national average of black population. It's understandable that SF would not be a "black gay mecca" espec when you consider the exorbitant cost of living there.
Why the heck would I sympathize with gay people? Gay people actually believe that blacks (who believe in God) should naturally align with them but in truth, there's absolutely NO reason for us to. What the heck do we have in common? Your agenda is not ours and will never be.

I have absolutely no desire or interest to support the continual decline of the family unit and God's natural order. Therefore, I will NEVER support homosexual marriages or anything else that's pathological and destructive to humanity.

Quote:
It's understandable that SF would not be a "black gay mecca" espec when you consider the exorbitant cost of living there.
So there aren't a sizable number of upper income blacks who can afford to live in SF? Oh let me guess, every black person in the U.S. is poor and downtrodden.

White homosexuals are the worst bigots on the planet, yet you have the audacity to call another person a bigot, simply because we want NOOOOOOOOOOOO part of your lifestyle!

Last edited by Lilly1224; 03-10-2013 at 08:19 PM..

Old 03-10-2013, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Well, if you're not being sarcastic, then you shouldn't use the sarcasm smiley. That tends to make people think you're being sarcastic.

And when did I imply or say that gay and black are equivalent? One is a sexual orientation, and one is a skin pigmentation. There are similarities though. Both are innate, biologically determined characteristics.

And again, I did not choose to be gay. I can stop being gay in the same way you can stop being black (I could pretend to be straight, and you could use a skin bleacher).
Why do homosexuals insist on comparing themselves to blacks and not Jews? Black people can not use a skin bleacher to eradicate dark skin, because our skin color is determined by melanin. Even if one were to use skin bleach, the melanin would resurface within the cells, because the coding for skin color is part of our DNA. This is how God intended things to be.

I am starting to believe that high estrogen levels probably account for the reason why certain male children are more prone to being feminine. Perhaps your mom used birth control pills for more than 2 years, and then stopped shortly before having you. Everything has an effect. I'd love to see research done on this particular topic. I'm sure it's all inter-related.

Old 03-10-2013, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Why do you homosexuals insist on comparing themselves to blacks and not Jews? Black people can not use a skin bleacher, because our skin color is determined by melanin. Even if one were to use skin bleach, the melanin would resurface within the cells, because the coding for skin color is part of our DNA.
Um, that's my point exactly. You can change you skin color in the same way I can change my homosexuality. In other words, neither of us can. They are both innate, biological characteristics.

Old 03-10-2013, 07:54 PM

Quote:
What the heck do we have in common? Your agenda is not ours and will never be.
"Gays and lesbians stood up for civil rights in Montgomery, Selma, in Albany, Ga. and St. Augustine, Fla., and many other campaigns of the Civil Rights Movement. Many of these courageous men and women were fighting for my freedom at a time when they could find few voices for their own, and I salute their contributions."

"I appeal to everyone who believes in Martin Luther King Jr.'s dream to make room at the table of brother and sisterhood for lesbian and gay people."

"I believe all Americans who believe in freedom, tolerance and human rights have a responsibility to oppose bigotry and prejudice based on sexual orientation."

"Lesbian and gay people are a permanent part of the American workforce, who currently have no protection from the arbitrary abuse of their rights on the job. For too long, our nation has tolerated the insidious form of discrimination against this group of Americans, who have worked as hard as any group, paid their taxes like everyone else, and yet have been denied equal protection under the law."

"Homophobia is like racism and anti-Semitism and other forms of bigotry in that it seeks to dehumanize a large group of people, to deny their humanity, their dignity and personhood. This sets the stage for further repression and violence that spread all too easily to victimize the next minority group."

-Coretta Scott King
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies