Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 03:44 AM

37,097 posts, read 42,098,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Marriage or civil unions ?
It doesn't matter. If they are legally the same then heterosexual couples will be civil unioned too and nobody is going to care about the difference . The ideas people have today will die with them. Separate but equal is always just an exercise in futility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 08:19 AM

20,628 posts, read 19,289,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I think it's safe to assume that 99% of the people who are against same-sex marriage at this point are just bigots, plain and simple.
No, it is not safe to say that. It is safe to say marriage was always a proxy for the purposes a family unit with off spring.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:28 AM

5,833 posts, read 7,681,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Absurd as in they are not apt analogies, not in that you constructed a successful reduction to absurdity argument - you most certainly did not.
Sure I did. You refused to answer the last questions because you knew that you consistency with your previous expressions of unwavering allegiance to legal definitions would result in a nonsensical position.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:37 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,080,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
That is because you have been brainwashed by the left to think that marriage has no significant meaning.

While we are on the subject - how come you hate me?

You won't let me marry my cat - that is extremely hateful, IMO.
Pitiful and oh so revealing of your bizarre though process. You are comparing two intellectually high functioning and productive human beings to a cat because they are homosexual. This speaks volumes about who you are. Really pitiful.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:42 AM

734 posts, read 931,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Pitiful and oh so revealing of your bizarre though process. You are comparing two intellectually high functioning and productive human beings to a cat because they are homosexual. This speaks volumes about who you are. Really pitiful.
Even a cat knows the natural order of things. Cats mate w/ the opposite sex. Some people claim to be high functioning and intelligent, but cat's actually appear to have the upper hand in this particular area.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:45 AM

24,869 posts, read 24,342,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
Even a cat knows the natural order of things. Cats mate w/ the opposite sex. Some people claim to be high functioning and intelligent, but cat's actually appear to have the upper hand in this particular area.
List of animals displaying homosexual behavior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cat, homosexual behavior = yes

Old 03-11-2013, 01:27 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,080,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
IMO, it is disgusting and repulsive when bible thumpers sit judgement on the private and personal lives of others. Maybe they are just "yentas" that have unsatisfactory or non-existent romantic/sexual lives of their own and zero in on what they perceive as easy targets. It's a form of bullying as far as I am concerned and hiding behind a bible is the most despicable of excuses.

BTW...only a really ignorant person does not realize that most animals do display homosexual tendencies, including cats.

Get a clue...

1,500 animal species practice homosexuality

Homosexual behaviour widespread in animals according to new study - Telegraph

Old 03-11-2013, 01:32 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,160,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I think it's safe to assume that 99% of the people who are against same-sex marriage at this point are just bigots, plain and simple.
What I've been saying this whole time. They can argue & say it has nothing to do w/that & try to be "logical", which is a total oxymoron by the way, but the plain truth is they're selfish, arrogant, rude, hateful, discriminatory bigots. They just don't like hearing the truth which is why they become defensive & try to spin things.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:05 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,567,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
It is a she.

I choose not to be gay - even in human-feline relationships.
If it's a matter a choosing, why not make it easier by choosing to be a bisexual and have the best of both worlds depending on who you choose at the time?

Old 03-11-2013, 02:14 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,400,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
It doesn't matter. If they are legally the same then heterosexual couples will be civil unioned too and nobody is going to care about the difference . The ideas people have today will die with them. Separate but equal is always just an exercise in futility.
What if they weren't legally the same? If marriage was separate from civil contracts? Everyone could get enjoined - and if you wanted to have a church marriage you did that separately within the constraints of each church?

I went to a wedding a few years ago. The young lady was the daughter of our neighbor and a few years older than our girls. They had a church wedding, which I found odd, because she was quite the atheist. I never commented but did ask my daughter once why she made a vow to a God she didn't believe in. My daughter pointed out that all girls are religious on their wedding day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies