Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 01:22 PM

1,520 posts, read 1,869,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
That's funny since the local news went back to the mall for several hours and filmed dozens of "regular couples" holding hands and making out, yet not a single one of the "regular couples" was asked to leave or even approached and reprimanded.
Maybe it was a different security detail. If it were me, they would be told to get the hell out no matter if they are gay, regular or tongue kissing a dog. And I am very liberal about gay rights. I support gay rights 100%. But their are limits to public behaviors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2013, 01:25 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,073,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, protecting your kids from things you consider immoral does not mean they hate someone.
I find Christianity immoral. I guess anyone wearing a Christian cross in the mall should be throwing out for thrusting their lifestyle and exposing their sin to my children.

Right?

Old 03-10-2013, 01:26 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,058,043 times
Quote:
I find Christianity immoral. I guess anyone wearing a Christian cross in the mall should be throwing out for thrusting their lifestyle and exposing their sin to my children.

Right?
Again standards are what's deemed by the majority of people. This is why we can't go to the mall naked because the majority of the people don't want it.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Maurio View Post
Maybe it was a different security detail. If it were me, they would be told to get the hell out no matter if they are gay, regular or tongue kissing a dog. And I am very liberal about gay rights. I support gay rights 100%. But their are limits to public behaviors.
What's even funnier is that the mall manager released this statement: “Persons that violate the Code of Conduct are asked to leave the property.”

Yet the local news read the mall's Code of Conduct and it contains no policy whatsoever on public displays of affection.

So what we have is a Mall Cop selectively enforcing a non-existent policy against a gay couple while ignoring all the straight couples "breaking" the same non-existent policy.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Again standards are what's deemed by the majority of people. This is why we can't go to the mall naked because the majority of the people don't want it.
If a community wanted to enforce a standard that same-race couples could kiss in public but that interracial couples couldn't, would you be just as supportive of the enforcement of that policy?

Old 03-10-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
What's even funnier is that the mall manager released this statement: “Persons that violate the Code of Conduct are asked to leave the property.â€

Yet the local news read the mall's Code of Conduct and it contains no policy whatsoever on public displays of affection.

So what we have is a Mall Cop selectively enforcing a non-existent policy against a gay couple while ignoring all the straight couples "breaking" the same non-existent policy.
That does not make the gay couple right. That just means the mall management needs a policy that insures fair treatment of everybody. Just because I stole an apple and Johnny stole an apple and I got in trouble and Johnny didn't does not make me anymore right than Johnny. When I went to prison, I did not complain that others who did much more serious crimes got off with less or no time and therefore that justified my crimes. I did it, I got caught, I did my time.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
If a community wanted to enforce a standard that same-race couples could kiss in public but that interracial couples couldn't, would you be just as supportive of the enforcement of that policy?
Nobody should be kissing in a mall period. A mall is for shopping and not a make out den.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Maurio View Post
Nobody should be kissing in a mall period. A mall is for shopping and not a make out den.
I disagree. If a couple want to hold hands or share a kiss in a mall, I think that's great. Every day I see many couples sharing a moment of affection, and it always brings a smile to my face.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:43 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,159,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
I rarely ever see that.
Are you saying that you only see gays kiss in malls & rarely see straights kissing in malls? That would be a lie.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:51 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,125,766 times
The gay movement interferes with the fair and reasonable enjoyment of the day. A romantic couple or hetro togetherness is an example of both progress and acceptence between the two contrasting realities in human existence.

Public displays of 'rejection...in this intended scheme explains the power of the will to express objection to creation itself. An example to be sure of not only a disordered mind but can can only be a "demonstration of promise" in the emergence of biological and potencially harmful disease orientated issues in store for the community. Something also a healthy and positive individual or family would not want to see anymore then watching people do other harmful things to themselves. It is impossible to explain to youngsters because it is impossible to see, from a healthy perspective. Be warned...those who see...agree. Your consciousness is either alive and participating in this world, or it is not and shrouded and wrapped up for burial, in the darkness of fear and limited social priority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies