U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 02:56 PM

62,737 posts, read 34,201,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well, maybe its because most people dont care to see public affection between homosexuals, ever think of that? I have no problems with a male and female kissing in public, and most people would not either, but 2 men doing the same..??? Yea, I have to agree they were right to kick them out. This should tell them that the majority of people DO NOT want to see this between 2 guys.

The people of CA voted to ban gay marriage, but it was only reversed because of legal maneuvering, the voters made their choice clear though....get over it.
My guess is that they did it because they WANTED to be kickecd out so they can cry about it in the media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2013, 03:02 PM

1,472 posts, read 1,988,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Malls are full of families with kids, and the parents would be offended be it two guys, or two women kissing.
Got to agree my Kids and Grandkids don't need to be around that crap.

brushrunner

Old 03-10-2013, 03:10 PM

14,920 posts, read 11,142,037 times
Quote:
Do you own a mall? If you own a mall, you can throw out all the Christians you want. It does not matter what I think about it, but if you want my opinion, I'd say it would be dumbest thing to do, because people would stop going to your mall.
You're totally missing my point. You made a comment about the need to protect children by not allowing displays of immorality in public. What I'm trying to get at is who decides what the immorality is? Would you support the public shunning of something others found immoral, but you yourself didn't?

I take it if you and I were in a place together and I wanted a gay couple thrown for holding hands or sharing a kiss, you'd support me in my efforts to have them expelled. I'm asking if you and I were together and I wanted a a Christian thrown out because I found his displaying a cross to be exposing my children to a promotion of his immoral lifestyle, would you support my effort?

Old 03-10-2013, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
You're totally missing my point. You made a comment about the need to protect children by not allowing displays of immorality in public. What I'm trying to get at is who decides what the immorality is? Would you support the public shunning of something others found immoral, but you yourself didn't?

I take it if you and I were in a place together and I wanted a gay couple thrown for holding hands or sharing a kiss, you'd support me in my efforts to have them expelled. I'm asking if you and I were together and I wanted a a Christian thrown out because I found his displaying a cross to be exposing my children to a promotion of his immoral lifestyle, would you support my effort?
Who decides? The mall owner decides, and they base their decisions on the opinion of their customers. Majority of people find gay-acts like that unnatural, and immoral and it makes sense the mall owner would want provide an environment where they would not have to be witness to immoral acts.

Old 03-10-2013, 03:27 PM

30,549 posts, read 33,370,490 times
Most peopel who are overly affectionate in public like the attention and it excites them to know other people are watching. Holding hands while you stroll? Fine. Continually kissing/making out tells me you want people to see you. Why? Usually because you can't get excited by your lover when you are alone and need to convince yourself while convincing others that you actually have a good relationship by "announcing" it publically. That's the simple explanation but it's true the majority of the time. Like when couples I know start posting mushy stuff to each other on FB...I know a relationship status change to "single" is eminent.

That said, anyone of any orientation who is making out in view of me is wrong to do so. Sorry,

Old 03-10-2013, 03:29 PM

3,178 posts, read 1,688,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Most peopel who are overly affectionate in public like the attention and it excites them to know other people are watching. Holding hands while you stroll? Fine. Continually kissing/making out tells me you want people to see you. Why? Usually because you can't get excited by your lover when you are alone and need to convince yourself while convincing others that you actually have a good relationship by "announcing" it publically. That's the simple explanation but it's true the majority of the time. Like when couples I know start posting mushy stuff to each other on FB...I know a relationship status change to "single" is eminent.

That said, anyone of any orientation who is making out in view of me is wrong to do so. Sorry,
Young people love PDA because they're new to the relationship thing. They like the idea of being in a relationship and everyone taking note of it. Has nothing to do with them not being excited about the other partner.

Anytime I go to the mall, the only people I see "making out" are young teenagers. When it's adults, something is a bit off. Either what you wrote or they don't have shame,etc.

Old 03-10-2013, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Who decides? The mall owner decides, and they base their decisions on the opinion of their customers. Majority of people find gay-acts like that unnatural, and immoral and it makes sense the mall owner would want provide an environment where they would not have to be witness to immoral acts.
So would you support me in protecting my children from being exposed to the immorality of the Christian lifestyle or not?

Old 03-10-2013, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Young people love PDA because they're new to the relationship thing. They like the idea of being in a relationship and everyone taking note of it. Has nothing to do with them not being excited about the other partner.

Anytime I go to the mall, the only people I see "making out" are young teenagers. When it's adults, something is a bit off. Either what you wrote or they don't have shame,etc.
At a mall I would find it a bit strange to see anyone over 30 kissing.

However, if you eat out it's not that uncommon to see older adults share a kiss while out on a birthday or anniversary celebration dinner. And at least 3 times a week I see a co-worker and his wife kiss. She drives him to work, walks him in, they kiss goodbye, and she goes on her way.

I wonder what the prudes on this board who say PDAs are totally off limits think about those?

Old 03-10-2013, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
So would you support me in protecting my children from being exposed to the immorality of the Christian lifestyle or not?
You'll have to support your own views as opposed to trying to pander everyone else to support them. No, I do not support your efforts to rub homosexuality in everyones faces, and I do not support your anti-Christian views.

Old 03-10-2013, 04:09 PM

8,950 posts, read 10,160,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Yeah, the gay army
The gay army? What is this stupidity that you made up?

Quote:
hates that when people are given the opportunity to vote on this - they tend to uphold marriage rather than redefine it.
Much to your chagrin, I'm sure, not recently. See Maine, Maryland and Minnesota. Regardless, we don't let the majority vote on the rights of the minority...

Quote:
The GA claims that this is tyranny of the majority.
According to national polls, those who support gays are in the majority.

Quote:
But they won't apply the same principle to, for example, the 2012 Presidential election.
So in your world, majority rules, except when the vote for the candidate you dislike for president.

Got it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies