Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2013, 09:07 AM

46,261 posts, read 27,056,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
The .45 and the AR-15 were both purchased on the same day:

From Mark Kelly's Facebook page:
They may have purchased on the same day, but he did the back ground check a few days prior, your own post even says that, then while he was leaving, the AR caught his eye..

WHich he should have had to do another 4473.....(I really don't knowif 1 4473 is good enough for multiple gun purchases)?

Quote:
I just had a background check a few days ago when I went to my local gun store to buy a 45. As I was leaving, I noticed a used AR-15. Bought that too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 09:23 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,723,353 times
Turns out the gun he bought was used, and therefor he could not take it home immediately. The law requires the sho to hold it for 20 days so the police can make sure it has not ever been used in a crime. So he still doesn't have the gun.
So there's no doubt he lied. If he wanted to prove how easy it was, he would have chosen a new gun that he could have taken home immediately. Instead he chose a used gun that has extra regulations showing the extra checks in place.
If he has any integrity left, he will just admit he got caught and lied.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:25 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,410,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Turns out the gun he bought was used, and therefor he could not take it home immediately. The law requires the sho to hold it for 20 days so the police can make sure it has not ever been used in a crime. So he still doesn't have the gun.
So there's no doubt he lied. If he wanted to prove how easy it was, he would have chosen a new gun that he could have taken home immediately. Instead he chose a used gun that has extra regulations showing the extra checks in place.
If he has any integrity left, he will just admit he got caught and lied.
He doesn't. He won't.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:38 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,978,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
That's not what his Facebook post said. He purchased the pistol a few days ago and when he came back to pick it up he saw the ar15 and bought that as well.
What do you mean it's NOT what his Facebook Page said?

My post was copied DIRECTLY from his facebook page!

https://www.facebook.com/Capt.MarkKelly?filter=1

Quote:
Looks like the judiciary committee will vote on background checks next week. I just had a background check a few days ago when I went to my local gun store to buy a 45. As I was leaving, I noticed a used AR-15. Bought that too. Even to buy an assault weapon, the background check only takes a matter of minutes. I don't have possession yet but I'll be turning it over to the Tucson PD when I do. Scary to think of people buying guns like these without a background check at a gun show or the Internet. We really need to close the gun show and private seller loop hole.
Go to the above Facebook page, and read it for yourself!

He purchased both guns on the same day.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:39 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,978,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
They may have purchased on the same day, but he did the back ground check a few days prior, your own post even says that, then while he was leaving, the AR caught his eye..

WHich he should have had to do another 4473.....(I really don't knowif 1 4473 is good enough for multiple gun purchases)?

Apparently you can't read.

He had the background check and purchased both guns all on the same day.

He then wrote the Facebook entry several days later, which is why he said "a few days ago".

Old 03-14-2013, 09:51 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,363,354 times
typical liberal scum-bag.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:07 AM

46,261 posts, read 27,056,429 times
Quote:

He then wrote the Facebook entry several days later, which is why he said "a few days ago".
O.K., I mis-read.....

Still does not make your point or his, and honestly makes you point even worse....he bought a AR15....AFTER he purchased the .45, right?

What would be the diffrerence in buying the .45 or the AR (they are BOTH legal to have and purchase)? He JUST went through the process not 20 minutes prior...what would the difference bein 20 minutes? Right, he did the back ground check, bought the .45, then as he was walking out, the AR cought his eye...

Old 03-14-2013, 10:11 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,429,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
He bought an AR15 from a gun dealer, there's already a background check process in place which you can't get around.

He's fighting to eliminate the rights of Americans to buy an AR15 legally so he goes out and buys one after passing a mandatory background check? What kind of liberal idiot logic is that?

Hypocritical, they are all hypocrites, while pretending to be something they sure as hell ain't.

I heard him on many different talk shows, saying he was so against this. And what does he do. I see how this goes, so does everyone else with a brain.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:13 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,811,516 times
Quote:

Even if that's true, why did he to to the gun store to buy a handgun to show the world how easy it is to buy a gun, then decide afterwards while he was there to buy an AR? Wouldn't he have just gone in to buy an AR in the first place? If his point is to show how easy it is to get a gun wouldn't be have purchased it private party where no background check is required the started with the whole "look what I bought in the parking lot/gun show" routine?

The only logical conclusion is he was buying it for his personal use then got caught being a hypocrit and made up the whole I'm buying it to give to the police to show I have to go through a background check. Which is a felony as stated earlier in the thread.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:31 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,576,617 times
This has become quite a circus.

I venture to say its made a few people who normally dont notice the gun issue as much, as a giant fraud perpetuated by the media (and other 'agents of disinformation' on American citizens.)

For those of us sick of the manipulation, and hysteria, its not working.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies