U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2013, 02:06 PM

16,553 posts, read 11,469,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
I support him based on common sense and logical reasoning.
Come on! Tell us what he proved? What was his point exactly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 02:07 PM

5,319 posts, read 7,841,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I didn't realize this was the comedy section.
Apparently you have a lot of free time to waste on this topic as well.

Personally, I have better things to do.

Enjoy!

Old 03-14-2013, 02:19 PM

5,010 posts, read 4,702,003 times
Quote:

Enjoy!
Better things to do? LOL You just spent 27 pages arguing against all logic and reason. As each new element of the story was found out, all going against Kelly's story, you have twisted into a pretzel trying to defend it.

If case you've missed this, you're really the only person on this thread trying to argue Kelly's side. Everyone realized pretty quickly the story didn't add up.

Better things to do, lol, that seriously cracked me up after reading most of this thread.

Old 03-14-2013, 02:20 PM

12,300 posts, read 7,936,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Better things to do? LOL You just spent 27 pages arguing against all logic and reason. As each new element of the story was found out, all going against Kelly's story, you have twisted into a pretzel trying to defend it.

If case you've missed this, you're really the only person on this thread trying to argue Kelly's side. Everyone realized pretty quickly the story didn't add up.

Better things to do, lol, that seriously cracked me up after reading most of this thread.
Looks like someone beat me to it

Old 03-14-2013, 03:15 PM

33,976 posts, read 18,462,549 times
Quote:
You're spending WAY too much time thinking about this.
I don't like lies....And I even backed off one of my comments in this very thread....

You see, when you see what really happened, there is no getting around it....

So lets review:

Kelly went to buy 2 guns that day, a .45 and an AR.

Kelly walked into the gun store, (walking past the AR, because when he was walking out is when he noticed it) and forgot all about the AR.

Kelly bought the first gun, filling out the 4473, going through the back ground check.

Then as he was walking out, he "Noticed" the AR (that he already walked buy while walking in), and decided to buy that also.

So, he bought the AR to show how easy the process was to buy a legal gun 15 minutes after he had already bought the the .45.

Does that even make sense?

Just a few more observations:

While you are waiting for the check to come back (between 5- 20 minutes) did Kelly "Not look around" the store, did he stay at the counter the entire time, or did he check out the other guns in the store or maybe walk around a little?

I know when I buy a gun (have you ever bought a gun) when I fill out the paper work, I walk away and check out the other things that are just sitting around, like other guns....

Old 03-14-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
I support him based on common sense and logical reasoning.
What common sense and what logical reasoning?

15 minutes prior to buying the AR, he bought the .45.....

The AR and the .45 are legal to buy. Did he think there was a different method to buy the AR?

If so he should have said that...

And if you think that is common sense and logical, I feel sorry for you!

Old 03-14-2013, 03:19 PM

Quote:

Enjoy!
Translation:

I'm taking my ball and going home, and no matter Kelly lied or not, I'm supporting him....

Old 03-14-2013, 11:48 PM

12,172 posts, read 7,022,064 times
Shows how ignorant some people are - they think the black scary gun must be different paperwork than the pistol.

Irony here is that a .45 with 10 rounds, in the right hands, is far more dangerous than the .223.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:57 PM

12,300 posts, read 7,936,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Shows how ignorant some people are - they think the black scary gun must be different paperwork than the pistol.

Irony here is that a .45 with 10 rounds, in the right hands, is far more dangerous than the .223.
Maybe this will make them all feel better about it, certainly less deadly this way.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:53 PM

7,022 posts, read 5,980,621 times
I guess those new stricter background checks that prevent lunatics from owning guns work.

Gun store refuses to sell Mark Kelly semi-automatic rifle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies