U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 11:36 AM

11,888 posts, read 10,411,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westside Kat View Post
Why isn't Obama in jail? Despite all of his campaign promises, he has continued almost every single thing that Bush did — and then some. The only difference is that he has the adoration of the media and people who are easily controlled by the media.

And as for the OP, Obama is not beloved around the world as you liberals like to claim. I think when he was running for office and making all kinds of wild claims about what he was going to do for all of them, people around the world did like him. But it's been five years and none of those promises were kept. The crush wore off awhile back for everyone else.
Agreed. I'm a "liberal" that is no longer an Obama supporter because he is just a Bush-lite (and that is generous considering Bush didn't have drones, had congressional support for his wars and had less time/opportunity to prosecute the banksters).

Where are the true Republicans that can admit Bush was a fiscally liberal war-mongering neo-con whose policies have wrecked the middle class and our fiscal health? (Again not saying Obama has done anything differently, in fact things seem to be intensifying).

Old 03-11-2013, 11:45 AM

4,100 posts, read 6,155,948 times
Default Are there any other politicians in the world as reviled as George W. Bush and Dick Cheney?

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I was trying to think of other world leaders as hated as these two are internationally, and no one comes close. Are there any?

Ahmadinejad of Iran and Kim Jong-un of North Korea are not hated nearly as much, because they do not have the reach to send their military all around the world to bomb and strafe other countries, nor do they ensnare people from other countries on the same level as Bush/Cheney did, and send them to torture camps (even though they do with their own populations)

Kinda strange the "Land of the Free, Home of the Brave" is also home to the two most loathsome world leaders since a couple other guys were in power around 70 years ago.
I suspect it is just you who has all the hatred. I also suspect you don't really know what you are talking about. We have proof from photos and video's that foreign leaders will not even shake hands with Obama, you never saw them behaving that way with Bush or Cheney. Seriously, you need to get a life...

Old 03-11-2013, 11:45 AM

12,770 posts, read 9,860,704 times
As long as they are focused on the previous admin, they aren't paying attention to what the current dirtbag is doing to them.

Old 03-11-2013, 12:26 PM

7,946 posts, read 15,064,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Oh it`s still the media`s fault for killing 4,800 soldiers in a search for wmd`s. Thanks for the new history.
Yes that's terrible. Bush lied to get us into a war for no reason. There is no defending that. Why though isn't the media holding Dear Leader accountable for his lies and war crimes like they did Bush?

Old 03-11-2013, 01:26 PM

52,095 posts, read 41,903,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Agreed. I'm a "liberal" that is no longer an Obama supporter because he is just a Bush-lite (and that is generous considering Bush didn't have drones, had congressional support for his wars and had less time/opportunity to prosecute the banksters).

Where are the true Republicans that can admit Bush was a fiscally liberal war-mongering neo-con whose policies have wrecked the middle class and our fiscal health? (Again not saying Obama has done anything differently, in fact things seem to be intensifying).
I was a moderate republican that voted for Bush in 2000. Huge mistake.
I agree with your fiscally liberal warmongering stuff but as for wrecking the middle class I think that took a group effort and involved prior presidents. (Note that it was Clinton that set the stage for the housing bubble)

I voted 3rd party in 2004 and then call me a sucker again....I voted for Obama in 2008 hoping for change. Huge Mistake #2.

I didn't vote in 2012.

I'm very socially liberal but I'm fiscally conservative. Both parties just look more and more the same as I have gotten older and learned more.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:03 PM

7,371 posts, read 4,647,878 times
Quote:

That would be a true small government conservative. Liking Bush doesn't make you not a true Republican. There are progressive Republicans just like there are progressive Democrats. Liking Bush makes you not a true fiscal conservative.

I personally have never claimed to like Bush. I voted for him to vote against Democrats, not because I liked Bush. I'd do it again without hesitation. I'd rather have a small government Republican in office than a big government Republican, and I'd rather have a big government Republican in office than any Democrat (because they are all big government).

And that would seem to be a difference between you and me. I don't say that Obama is Bush-lite. I say that Bush was Obama-lite.

Old 03-11-2013, 03:23 PM

21,630 posts, read 14,405,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
I suspect it is just you who has all the hatred. I also suspect you don't really know what you are talking about. We have proof from photos and video's that foreign leaders will not even shake hands with Obama, you never saw them behaving that way with Bush or Cheney. Seriously, you need to get a life...
What on earth are you blathering about?

Old 03-11-2013, 04:15 PM

11,888 posts, read 10,411,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I was a moderate republican that voted for Bush in 2000. Huge mistake.
I agree with your fiscally liberal warmongering stuff but as for wrecking the middle class I think that took a group effort and involved prior presidents. (Note that it was Clinton that set the stage for the housing bubble)

I voted 3rd party in 2004 and then call me a sucker again....I voted for Obama in 2008 hoping for change. Huge Mistake #2.

I didn't vote in 2012.

I'm very socially liberal but I'm fiscally conservative. Both parties just look more and more the same as I have gotten older and learned more.
I used to love Clinton when I was younger but it appears that he was also a Puppet-President, much due to the housing crisis and removal of Glass-Steagal. I voted for the first time in 2004 for Kerry (MISTAKE, he would have been another warmongerer IMO due to his investments in private defense contractors) and Obama in 2008 (Mistake, as he is following in Bush's footsteps).

In 2012 I voted for Gary Johnson as he, Ron Paul and Jill Stein were the only candidates that made any sense whatsoever.

Old 03-11-2013, 04:18 PM

12,351 posts, read 7,532,420 times
Quote:
Most of them became Libertarians or Independents a long time ago. A lot of them sat on their hands this time around, but one day soon, Mr. Obama and his groupies will have some tough questions to answer.

Old 03-11-2013, 04:24 PM

33,944 posts, read 42,240,040 times
Is there a recognized treatment for BDS? If there is, several people need to start the treatment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies