U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-10-2013, 07:10 PM
 
Location: Central Illinois -
21,599 posts, read 14,384,755 times
Reputation: 14742

Advertisements

I was trying to think of other world leaders as hated as these two are internationally, and no one comes close. Are there any?

Ahmadinejad of Iran and Kim Jong-un of North Korea are not hated nearly as much, because they do not have the reach to send their military all around the world to bomb and strafe other countries, nor do they ensnare people from other countries on the same level as Bush/Cheney did, and send them to torture camps (even though they do with their own populations)

Kinda strange the "Land of the Free, Home of the Brave" is also home to the two most loathsome world leaders since a couple other guys were in power around 70 years ago.

 
Old 03-10-2013, 07:21 PM
 
Location: Jacksonville, FL
6,976 posts, read 7,792,563 times
Reputation: 5714
Welcome to 2013, where Bush and Cheney are no longer in the White House.
 
Old 03-10-2013, 07:23 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia
11,888 posts, read 10,400,323 times
Reputation: 8055
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Welcome to 2013, where Bush and Cheney are no longer in the White House.
It's hard to tell.
 
Old 03-10-2013, 07:26 PM
 
29,785 posts, read 16,467,363 times
Reputation: 13843
With obama as bad or worse, one must wonder why he is not as hated?
Oh I know, propaganda works on the weak.
 
Old 03-10-2013, 07:27 PM
 
29,419 posts, read 18,747,301 times
Reputation: 5437
Hey there has already been a BDS thread posted this week. Either wait another day or join the whining there.
 
Old 03-10-2013, 07:30 PM
 
Location: In your head, rent free
14,386 posts, read 7,724,391 times
Reputation: 7292
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I was trying to think of other world leaders as hated as these two are internationally, and no one comes close. Are there any?

Ahmadinejad of Iran and Kim Jong-un of North Korea are not hated nearly as much, because they do not have the reach to send their military all around the world to bomb and strafe other countries, nor do they ensnare people from other countries on the same level as Bush/Cheney did, and send them to torture camps (even though they do with their own populations)

Kinda strange the "Land of the Free, Home of the Brave" is also home to the two most loathsome world leaders since a couple other guys were in power around 70 years ago.
lol... wait, you're actually serious...

 
Old 03-10-2013, 07:30 PM
 
Location: Central Illinois -
21,599 posts, read 14,384,755 times
Reputation: 14742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
With obama as bad or worse, one must wonder why he is not as hated?
Yes, but if you noticed, I said "around the world".

I realize how hated Pres. Obama is by wingnuts in the United States, but the question was specific, i.e., citizens of other nations.
 
Old 03-10-2013, 07:32 PM
 
Location: The Cascade Foothills
10,953 posts, read 8,694,712 times
Reputation: 6459
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

Kinda strange the "Land of the Free, Home of the Brave" is also home to the two most loathsome world leaders since a couple other guys were in power around 70 years ago.
But....but.....Jeb Bush says that "history will be kind" to his brother.



Although, I guess if that's the best he can say - that history will be "kind" to his brother - it really doesn't say much, does it?
 
Old 03-10-2013, 07:36 PM
 
29,785 posts, read 16,467,363 times
Reputation: 13843
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Yes, but if you noticed, I said "around the world".

I realize how hated Pres. Obama is by wingnuts in the United States, but the question was specific, i.e., citizens of other nations.
And my point is that with obama as bad or worse, he should be equally reviled or more so ( around the world)

Glug glug...
 
Old 03-10-2013, 07:43 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
2,478 posts, read 2,095,048 times
Reputation: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Yes, but if you noticed, I said "around the world".

I realize how hated Pres. Obama is by wingnuts in the United States, but the question was specific, i.e., citizens of other nations.
I think that's the point that's being made. Obama hasn't been any different, only in the eyes of some on the left. Gitmo is still open for business and doing well, he authorized a troop surge in Afghan and he's got drones taking people out from above. The only difference is that you perceive Bush/Cheney to be hated by the world as much as you hated them and you feel the opposite about Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:05 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top