Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 03:16 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
I should roll out a prayer rug, get on my knees and start praying Christian prayers in Arabic in every public place possible in hopes of getting arrested. I bet I wouldn't unless an Arabic speaker realised I was making Christian prayer and objected.

yep, you got it right. only christianity and judaism are the bad religions to dems. all other religions are sacrosanct.

Old 03-15-2013, 03:34 AM

717 posts, read 647,877 times
Rot.

Old 03-17-2013, 07:52 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
There is an attack on Christianity in todays country.
And why on earth are non-Christians obligated to "respect" your stupid beliefs?

Believing in talking snakes, virgin births and bodily resurrections is just IGNORANT. Such beliefs deserve to be ridiculed, not respected. So long as you Christians claim the right to preach at me while I am walking down the street, minding my own business, I reserve the right to call you out on your ignorance.

After hundreds years of being ground down by religious superstition, more and more people are finally standing up and saying "no more." Religion is losing the battle every day on a thousands fronts. It is about damned time!

Old 03-17-2013, 09:10 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,918,129 times
i use to be forced to pray when I was a kid at church... god.. church sucked so bad...crazy people..

if I was forced to pray at work.. or forced in any way religiously at work.. I think I'd have a huge problem too.. keep that sh*t at the church.. aint nobody got time for that

Old 03-17-2013, 09:51 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Advocate is too strong a word. The Bible condones slavery.

The Bible does not condemn slavery, but in fact supports the regulated practice of it, especially under the Old Testament,[1][2] but also in the New Testament.[3][4] Male Israelite slaves were to be offered release after seven years of service, with some stipulations.[5][6][7] Foreign slaves and their posterity became the perpetual property of the owner's family,[8] except in the case of certain injuries.[9]
The regulation of slavery in the Bible, and absence of outright condemnation of it as an institution, was later used to justify slavery by its defenders.[10][11] Abolitionists have also used text from the New Testament to argue for the manumission of slaves.[12][13][14][15]

ok, where in the new testament does the bible advocate slavery?

Old 03-19-2013, 06:40 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
ok, where in the new testament does the bible advocate slavery?
Ephesians 6:5-9: "Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ."

Doesn't it annoy you that most atheists know more about the bible than most Christians?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies