U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 01:57 AM

10,953 posts, read 8,664,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
If you don't see an analogy between the Bushes as a Republican family and the Kennedys as a Democrat family, I don't know what to tell you.
Well, no, I don't.

We had one Kennedy president who didn't even finish his first term.

One of his brothers was a senator who was pursuing the nomination for president when his life, too, was cut short before we, as a nation, could ever see his potential.

Another brother was a senator for many years, who despite some personal demons, did a tremendous amount of good for people who needed a voice.

With the original Bush, we had a one-term president, followed by his idiot son who somehow managed to snag the office of president twice (some still question the legalities of those elections), who lied us into war, and who will probably go down in history as the worst president EVER, and now another son who is testing the waters for 2016.

I still don't see the analogy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 02:04 AM

3,047 posts, read 2,180,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I still don't see the analogy.
Why am I not surprised....

Old 03-11-2013, 02:08 AM

7,249 posts, read 6,649,310 times
It's all relative and the bar was set pretty low by dubya.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:51 AM

9,138 posts, read 6,735,997 times
Default Jeb not worthy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Or maybe the clear bias in your post indicates that you're not exactly in a place to be accurately judging how history will view conservatives or what conservatives are obviously trying to do.
I saw the Meet the Press episode where Mr. Bush called D. Gregory a "crack additic" for asking about 2016. Bush used the show to discuss how Republicans had to "connect more" with Latinos vis a vis immigration reform. Seems to me, being asked about running for the Presidency is a bit of an honor. To be considered as a ligitimate candidate should give one pride, not bring out the snarky in one. I wonder how many latinos he connected with after that show.

I dont know what conservatives are trying to do, but snarky isn't working...is it?

Old 03-11-2013, 04:58 AM

3,161 posts, read 3,819,089 times
oh lookie...

its another
"oh my god, obama sucks so hard lets talk about Bush again so people wont know how stupid I am for voting democrat"
thread.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:33 AM

21,257 posts, read 14,278,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
A GOP candidate doesn't necessarily equate to a Conservative candidate, just as a Democratic candidate doesn't necessarily equate to a Liberal or Progressive candidate.
That's right!
The most practical politicians may say they are a staunch conservative or liberal, but their actions and voting record will often show they are actually in the middle, which has many shades of both.

Good governance always depends on those who can understand and see the values on either side of a question and vote accordingly. When both sides get part of the loaf and neither gets all the loaf, we all end up doing better in the long run.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:16 PM

5,856 posts, read 6,898,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
THAT'S interesting! Do you have more details?
It included Neil, Jeb, 41, rolled up John McCain and exposed the Keating 5. It also was the main reason exposing Volker's ineptness.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:04 PM

8,561 posts, read 5,434,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
I saw the Meet the Press episode where Mr. Bush called D. Gregory a "crack additic" for asking about 2016. Bush used the show to discuss how Republicans had to "connect more" with Latinos vis a vis immigration reform. Seems to me, being asked about running for the Presidency is a bit of an honor. To be considered as a ligitimate candidate should give one pride, not bring out the snarky in one. I wonder how many latinos he connected with after that show.

I dont know what conservatives are trying to do, but snarky isn't working...is it?
Mr. Bush is very much an insider in the Cuban American community. Always has been. Maybe they are the only Latinos he really cares about.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:20 PM

12,172 posts, read 7,022,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You've got to give old Ted some credit, he's been sober for over a year now.
Very few posts make me laugh out loud.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:39 PM

7,371 posts, read 4,625,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Your response has nothing whatsoever to do with what I said. How exactly does Jeb Bush's remarks on Meet the Press relate to Gurbie's ability to predict what Bush is "obviously" trying to do?

Quote:
It's worked so far for Democrats. Personally I think Republicans need to get more in the ring with Democrats. Democrats get a lot of mileage out of their insults and lies. We might have a better chance if we called them on it. For example, Biden should have been hammered over his "Republicans will put you back in chains" crack. No Vice President of the United States should be talking like that. We should have buried him with that the same way the liberal attack dogs went after Romney for the 47% remark. We should have hit him with that until he either had to admit he lied and publicly apologize or come out and actually say that his position is that the Republican party is advocating for slavery in 2013. Either way, he would look like a fool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies