U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 09:57 AM

1,292 posts, read 1,767,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Yup just as I called it more gasbaggery.

Beano.
thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 09:58 AM

25,630 posts, read 30,428,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
Gen. Douglas MacArthur was also right.
Yup.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:00 AM

24,889 posts, read 21,059,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Huh, guess G.W. was correct now wasn't he Libfarts.
Terrorism is very different from open military agression.

That'd be like calling Hitler a terrorist. Madman? Yes. Terrorist? No.

The IRA were terrorists, Al Qaeda are terrorists, Saddam Hussein? Not a terrorist.

All and all, I'd say its just saber rattling for the new dear leader to make a name for himself. China doesn't want a nuclear war, or a nuclear attack. China isn't that stupid, and they know damned well if NK decided to use a nuclear weapon, we'd respond in kind, with the quickness.

You've got to wonder, what did Dennis Rhodman say to make them so mad over there?

Old 03-11-2013, 10:06 AM

32,460 posts, read 26,325,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post
G.W. was absolutely wrong about wmd's and he blatantly lied about it to fight wasteful wars.
really? so bush used the SAME intelligence that CLINTON used, and made similar statements that clinton and many other democrats made as much as two years BEFORE bush was elected, but somehow bush was lying? how about all those democrats? were they also lying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Terrorism is very different from open military agression.

That'd be like calling Hitler a terrorist. Madman? Yes. Terrorist? No.

The IRA were terrorists, Al Qaeda are terrorists, Saddam Hussein? Not a terrorist.
while saddam may not have been a terrorist, he did support them by allowing terrorist training camps to operate in iraq.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:24 AM

1,292 posts, read 1,767,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
really? so bush used the SAME intelligence that CLINTON used, and made similar statements that clinton and many other democrats made as much as two years BEFORE bush was elected, but somehow bush was lying? how about all those democrats? were they also lying?

while saddam may not have been a terrorist, he did support them by allowing terrorist training camps to operate in iraq.
I didn't watch Clinton invade Iraq leading us into wasteful wars. Did you?

Old 03-11-2013, 01:29 PM

32,460 posts, read 26,325,155 times
Quote:
no but he sign into law an act to require that the US government work towards regime change in iraq, thus it can truly be said that bush was following federal law.

but the reality is that since bush said the same things clinton and albright, and many other democrats, said, then bush was either not lying, or the democrats were lying.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:02 PM

26,668 posts, read 17,323,793 times
Quote:
Nope, I didn't see that either. I also did not hear that VP Gore had closed door meetings about Iraqi oil.

Off topic though.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:10 PM

51,928 posts, read 41,798,494 times
Can you guys stop that Iraq garbage and come back to topic? Thanks!

I have to admit that Carters nobel peace prize for negotiating the nuclear disarmament of North Korea will go down as the worst one ever given out.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:13 PM

24,889 posts, read 21,059,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Can you guys stop that Iraq garbage and come back to topic? Thanks!

I have to admit that Carters nobel peace prize for negotiating the nuclear disarmament of North Korea will go down as the worst one ever given out.

I don't know, the Obama one was pretty damned silly also.

The best thing Carter did during his 4 years was mandating that our electric power supply had to come from 75% domestic sources. Should have done that with transportation also.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:16 PM

51,928 posts, read 41,798,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I don't know, the Obama one was pretty damned silly also.

The best thing Carter did during his 4 years was mandating that our electric power supply had to come from 75% domestic sources. Should have done that with transportation also.
Yes Bush 3.0's surge into afghanistan and 4,000+ civilians dead in drone strikes makes his silly too.....but compared to NK getting nukes I will pick the latter.

In fairness, Carter did deserve the prize for his Egypt-Israel peace negotiations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies