U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 10:09 PM

43,430 posts, read 52,425,333 times

Advertisements

And what does christianity have to do with bestiality?

Are we to presume that there is something exclusively christian about not feeling it's right to have sex with animals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 10:10 PM

18,977 posts, read 15,437,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
The comments in this thread sadden me, as a woman, a Christian, a stay at home mom, and an intelligent human being.

I don't agree with the group's complaint, I think it's stupid, quite frankly, but do we really need to be generalizing about Christians, moms, or moms who stay at home to raise kids?

I don't think anyone is generalizing anything. Just seems to be that others are simply pointing out that this particular group and those they are associated with are crazy. Many groups who often use "family" such as the American Family Association (which created this group), the Family Research Council, etc are often as anti-family as you can possibly get.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:35 PM

7,371 posts, read 4,623,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
And what does christianity have to do with bestiality?

Are we to presume that there is something exclusively christian about not feeling it's right to have sex with animals?
That's my question. I think because this group seems to be a bit loony that they are trying to smear all Christians by adding the Christian name to it. Like if some communist group put out something dumb and I said "Democrat supporting communists do blah blah"

Old 03-11-2013, 10:38 PM

33,046 posts, read 21,952,602 times
Then the Muppet Show is definitely out.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:40 PM

5,645 posts, read 4,120,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I don't think anyone is generalizing anything. Just seems to be that others are simply pointing out that this particular group and those they are associated with are crazy. Many groups who often use "family" such as the American Family Association (which created this group), the Family Research Council, etc are often as anti-family as you can possibly get.

Mm. And none of this is generalization?

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
These idiotic "moms" and "family" groups are filled with high functioning retards with too much time on their hands.

Instead of thinking a commercial promotes humans humping pigs, these women should occupy their time in a more productive manner like sammich making, or cleaning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
A small and unhappy, frustrated, ignroant group of female christians lashing out at the world because they can't lash out at the real problem without looking foolish. So sad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Thats assuming we are dealing with reasonably intelligent adult women.

The women who join these groups are far from intelligent and have the emotional maturity of a 2 year old retarded goat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
Now that's just an insult to goats!

Old 03-12-2013, 09:39 AM

1,156 posts, read 833,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
Now that's just an insult to goats!
Ya know....you are correct.

I apologize to any 2 year old retarded goats. My comparison of the women in these mom groups was unfair and I was wrong.

For what its worth, I would much rather have lunch and a nice conversation with a retarded goat than one of these mom group creatures.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:03 AM

16,812 posts, read 11,755,818 times
it all started with sesame st!

Old 03-12-2013, 10:03 AM

40,008 posts, read 24,268,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
That doesn't answer the question of why it was necessary to point out they were Christians. Did they do this as Christians to promote Christianity? I don't think so. So pointing it out was merely a way of making a derogatory remark about Christians.
Their entire agenda is to promote Christianity.

One Million Moms

Old 03-12-2013, 10:05 AM

22,579 posts, read 16,721,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhemi View Post
If they don't like the commercial, then they don't have to watch it.
This.

When I first saw the commercial I thought, "WTH? She's on a date with a pig? Gross!"

But instead of getting all worked up and creating a group to moan about it, I just don't watch it when it's on. It's amazing the control I have over my own television.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:17 AM

12,770 posts, read 9,810,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
really?

some people take these things way too seriously.
while at the same time, that is exactly what the ad does. They are right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies