Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2013, 07:42 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,168,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
From your second link.

We don't know what really happened.
Exactly. Hence my "IF he pointed a gun...".

Because until more people step forward with information, the only thing we have to go off of is the word of a group of kids who won't talk, a cousin who says that he indeed had a gun, another relative claiming to have seen him point the gun, and that of the two cops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Nice attitude. Your unbelievable racism has resulted in the very thing you are shrieking against - the delight that someone is dead just because they are a certain "type".
And that's a sad, sad way to live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
You don't know nothing about struggle, you never had to look over your shoulder just for a morning jog.
Actually, as a 5'2 female, I refuse to do a morning jog alone.

Quote:
You mock me and ridicule me because you don't understand me or my people.
Actually, it's because you don't comprehend basic English, you relish in the idea of a dead cop, and you fail to see that your mindset holds you back. You said you're 3 years older than Kimani. You're a 19-year old man who's hellbent on keeping himself in the rabbit hole.

Quote:
You never had to face oppression in the land that you call 'home' you never had to go through seeing your parents be treated like **** by police who had to protect and serve them.
And how do you know this? You don't know the background of anyone else here. May not have had police on our door, but I can't even count on my two hands the number of times "concerned teachers" called DCSE on my single father... only because he was a single father.

One teacher even reported my dad because I (a right tomboy) never wore any dresses or skirts.

Quote:
Call it what you want: An "evil outlook" well I don't wanna be good if that's evil.
I wouldn't call your outlook evil. Just misguided and self-restricting.

Quote:
I can careless if a cop gets shot or killed, to be honest with you.
Well, I guess it means you could care less than you currently do. Unless you're trying to say "C=can't care less"...

Either way, that's a sad outlook. You're trying to say that nobody has the right to take another life... but the concern you have is only seemingly for those you perceive to "your own".

Quote:
You believe the cops story and adhere to its timeline I believe the I-witnesses so you can say what you want that the police were justified I don't see it, knowing how corrupt and racist NYPD is, I don't see the justification.
You're conveniently forgetting that there are eye witnesses to the gun being his and one that he did indeed point the gun at them. Or are their sides irrelevant because it doesn't adhere to your desires?

Old 03-12-2013, 07:50 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,391,086 times
Perhaps there should be some sort of parental punishment for committing your 3rd or 4th felony at 16 years old. At least take away his gun or maybe give him a stricter curfew for gang banging activities. Just an idea I'd like to throw out there.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:54 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,240,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post
We need all the accurate information. Did he or did he not point a gun at the popo?

Sorry a child had to die.
Yet all of the Hoods here posting don't seem to have a problem with a 16 year old carrying a loaded .38.....

Old 03-12-2013, 07:57 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Yet all of the Hoods here posting don't seem to have a problem with a 16 year old carrying a loaded .38.....
And parents of these also don't seem to have a problem with weapons or rap sheets a mile long as they are all "good boys" as the media reports.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:01 AM

78,401 posts, read 60,579,949 times
I love how the OP and others dismissed the boys own friends admission of him having a gun as some sort of media conspiracy.

They've staked out their position of non-reality and will cling to it until they are shown a video of the kid pulling out a gun....then they will claim the film is doctored.

Moving on.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:08 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
And then they held a candlelight vigil with a "peaceful" march to the police precinct.

'There
“People were standing up on vehicles. I saw them take garbage from the sidewalk and throw it onto the street. I saw someone take a TV and smash it into my neighbor’s car. They were throwing rocks at the cars.
“I said, ‘Oh my god! What’s going on here?’” she continued. “They were calling out, ‘Rest in peace, Kiki.’ I was shocked.”
At a Rite Aid drug store on Church Ave. near Albany Ave., which had about 60 people inside at the time, at least one rioter physically assaulted a customer — cracking him over the head with a glass bottle. He was rushed to Kings County Hospital and listed in stable condition later, a police spokeswoman said. A manager of the store was also assaulted; he refused medical attention, the spokeswoman said. There were unconfirmed reports the store was looted; the police spokeswoman said only that the cash registers were not robbed.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:17 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,835,695 times
this is a tough one

Old 03-12-2013, 08:17 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times
I think what some posters are missing is that this type of thing happens too often in many black communities. Whether this case is an issue of police brutality or not, its an epidemic in the black community and some of us are tired of people losing their lives.

I support the police but also believe they should not be held to the SAME standards, but HIGHER standards then the average citizen. They should be well trained, reserved, and ethical. It seems like many in our current forces are none of the above.

So the issue is bigger than this particular issue.

Just look at the whole Dorner situation. 3 innocent people were shot by the police. How many other cases occur and are covered up??

And its also a well known fact in the black community that cops DO KILL PEOPLE. That is FACT.

I'm just trying to put things into perspective. We should all be working together to solve issue regardless of race.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:19 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And then they held a candlelight vigil with a "peaceful" march to the police precinct.

'There
“People were standing up on vehicles. I saw them take garbage from the sidewalk and throw it onto the street. I saw someone take a TV and smash it into my neighbor’s car. They were throwing rocks at the cars.
“I said, ‘Oh my god! What’s going on here?’” she continued. “They were calling out, ‘Rest in peace, Kiki.’ I was shocked.”
At a Rite Aid drug store on Church Ave. near Albany Ave., which had about 60 people inside at the time, at least one rioter physically assaulted a customer — cracking him over the head with a glass bottle. He was rushed to Kings County Hospital and listed in stable condition later, a police spokeswoman said. A manager of the store was also assaulted; he refused medical attention, the spokeswoman said. There were unconfirmed reports the store was looted; the police spokeswoman said only that the cash registers were not robbed.
When people are upset, things happen. Not surprising at all. You can only push people so far.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:22 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,835,695 times
i dont trust the nypd, which is why i am skeptical of this story.

i remember posting a topic about a former nypd agent saying they intentionally placed drugs on people to meet quotas.

stop and frisk, spying on muslims, etc. makes me think they probably planted the gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies