Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2013, 08:25 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times

Advertisements

Yes this happens in the black community too often but it's not the fault of the cops for the most part but a community that tolerates an inordinate amount of criminal and anti social behavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I think what some posters are missing is that this type of thing happens too often in many black communities. Whether this case is an issue of police brutality or not, its an epidemic in the black community and some of us are tired of people losing their lives.

I support the police but also believe they should not be held to the SAME standards, but HIGHER standards then the average citizen. They should be well trained, reserved, and ethical. It seems like many in our current forces are none of the above.

So the issue is bigger than this particular issue.

Just look at the whole Dorner situation. 3 innocent people were shot by the police. How many other cases occur and are covered up??

And its also a well known fact in the black community that cops DO KILL PEOPLE. That is FACT.

I'm just trying to put things into perspective. We should all be working together to solve issue regardless of race.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:26 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I think what some posters are missing is that this type of thing happens too often in many black communities. Whether this case is an issue of police brutality or not, its an epidemic in the black community and some of us are tired of people losing their lives.

I support the police but also believe they should not be held to the SAME standards, but HIGHER standards then the average citizen. They should be well trained, reserved, and ethical. It seems like many in our current forces are none of the above.

So the issue is bigger than this particular issue.

Just look at the whole Dorner situation. 3 innocent people were shot by the police. How many other cases occur and are covered up??

And its also a well known fact in the black community that cops DO KILL PEOPLE. That is FACT.

I'm just trying to put things into perspective. We should all be working together to solve issue regardless of race.
This is not new. This has been happening in Black communities all over the US.

Here's a story from 2002 in Austin Tx.
A mentally unstable woman had a butcher knife and was standing over her apt manager when the police showed up. She was about to attack the man and was shot once by the police and later died.
About the only one who thought the shooting was justified was the manager who was being attacked.

APD officer kills woman in east Austin shooting - YNN - Your News Now

Old 03-12-2013, 08:26 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,834,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Yes this happens in the black community too often but it's not the fault of the cops for the most part but a community that tolerates an inordinate amount of criminal and anti social behavior
you know that you(EdwardA) are more likely to be shot by police then a white person right?

Old 03-12-2013, 08:27 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,061,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Yet all of the Hoods here posting don't seem to have a problem with a 16 year old carrying a loaded .38.....
I have no problem with a kid carrying a 38. Carrying a gun init of itself shouldn't be a crime.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
you know that you(EdwardA) are more likely to be shot by police then a white person right?
He's white.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
That's what I believe as well. They tolerate crimes committed by their children and neighbors even calling them "good kids" when they have a pretty significant arrest record.

Then when justice finally prevails because it usually catches up to criminals sooner or later, they all cry foul.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
I have no problem with a kid carrying a 38. Carrying a gun init of itself shouldn't be a crime.
Well there's laws here whether you have a problem or not.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:34 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,834,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
That's what I believe as well. They tolerate crimes committed by their children and neighbors even calling them "good kids" when they have a pretty significant arrest record.

Then when justice finally prevails because it usually catches up to criminals sooner or later, they all cry foul.
whites do the same thing, but don't get caught.

i think there is lack of accountability in general across the country.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
whites do the same thing, but don't get caught.

i think there is lack of accountability in general across the country.
So with Whites it happens "in secret" ?
No riots or cries of "He was a good boy" regardless of arrest record.

Whites do NOT do the same thing.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well there's laws here whether you have a problem or not.
There are some misguided laws. I thought you were pro 2nd amendment and gun ownership in general?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies