Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2013, 09:40 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,061,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
If you feel more comfortable taking to the street to protest a police shooting than you do to walk into gang territory in your neighborhood and protest the violence THEY perpetuate, then congratulations, you've just figured out who you should REALLY blame!
I'm not black but as someone who usually lives in poor black neighborhoods in this country, I don't know where this fear comes from other white people towards their neighborhoods. I rather have 'gang' neighbors than cops.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:59 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Eh being a child is no excuse, I'd like to know whether or not he pointed a gun at police officers.

If no gun was found, then I think a full impartial investigation is warranted against the police.
The gun was recovered at the scene.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Silly reply, the average citizen is not entrusted with enforcing the law, with weaponry that kills. These guys are public servants, let's make sure they are honest public servants.
They are held to higher standard than joe blow citizen. As it should be.
166 shooting deaths of Police Officers in 2011.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:22 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
The Bull Cutter: Cops Kill Innocent Person --Again

Here's another example of how the police have killed an innocent person.

Which is higher? The rate of police deaths or civilians killed by police??

Old 03-12-2013, 10:26 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
The Bull Cutter: Cops Kill Innocent Person --Again

Here's another example of how the police have killed an innocent person.

Which is higher? The rate of police deaths or civilians killed by police??
Fascinating what does this have to do with this case? I find it odd folks who whine about all Blacks being tarred by the actions of a few ( supposedly) see no problem tarring all cops by the actions of a few bad cops.

I guess profiling is only bad if it's against Black folks.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:26 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
This whole story is so sad. Another senseless killing; another youth that appears to have taken the wrong path.

I wish I knew how we could fix this. A 16 year old boy has no business having a gun or pointing it at the cops. None.

This is so foreign to my little world that I really can't even imagine it.

Parents need to STEP UP. Communities need to STEP UP. Too many young people are dying on our own streets; what a waste.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Fascinating what does this have to do with this case? I find it odd folks who whine about all Blacks being tarred by the actions of a few ( supposedly) see no problem tarring all cops by the actions of a few bad cops.

I guess profiling is only bad if it's against Black folks.
It shows that the police shoot innocent victims. Other posters have posted stories of cover ups. Cops lying to get people convicted.

ALL VERY RELEVANT TO THE THREAD.

And all cops aren't being tarred. Just the criminal ones. You want justice No?

Old 03-12-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
This whole story is so sad. Another senseless killing; another youth that appears to have taken the wrong path.

I wish I knew how we could fix this. A 16 year old boy has no business having a gun or pointing it at the cops. None.

This is so foreign to my little world that I really can't even imagine it.

Parents need to STEP UP. Communities need to STEP UP. Too many young people are dying on our own streets; what a waste.
Nobody cares. Look at the media.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And then they held a candlelight vigil with a "peaceful" march to the police precinct.

'There
“People were standing up on vehicles. I saw them take garbage from the sidewalk and throw it onto the street. I saw someone take a TV and smash it into my neighbor’s car. They were throwing rocks at the cars.
“I said, ‘Oh my god! What’s going on here?’” she continued. “They were calling out, ‘Rest in peace, Kiki.’ I was shocked.”
At a Rite Aid drug store on Church Ave. near Albany Ave., which had about 60 people inside at the time, at least one rioter physically assaulted a customer — cracking him over the head with a glass bottle. He was rushed to Kings County Hospital and listed in stable condition later, a police spokeswoman said. A manager of the store was also assaulted; he refused medical attention, the spokeswoman said. There were unconfirmed reports the store was looted; the police spokeswoman said only that the cash registers were not robbed.
His friends grew violent and surged into a church and trashed it. Nearby shop windows were smashed as were the windows on buses in the area.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:34 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Nobody cares. Look at the media.
Well, we all should care. This is our world ~ our country. These are our young people; what will our country become if this is the norm? What will these young people grow up to be?

I just don't know how to fix it.

I go back to the parents - it is their job to ensure that their kids are on a good path. Sometimes good kids go bad and there is nothing to be done. Often - steps could have been taken early on to set the child straight.

Just makes me sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies