Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 11:17 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry, but I don't believe this story the way the cops tell it. No kid is that stupid. A witness says the kid was running away saying "stop it stop it".
Maybe the kid had a gun, nobody else seems aware that he had one, but pointing it at the cops is what I find hard to believe. Plus his rap sheet is rather far fetched, inciting a riot? hmmmm
They should have attempted any other means first, before shooting. No "drop it", no tazer, no stop or I'll shoot. I'm not totally buying this. There must be a camera around somewhere.

Police sources said Gray has four prior arrests, including charges of grand larceny, possession of stolen property and inciting a riot.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...#ixzz2NFhEm7qs

Old 03-11-2013, 11:18 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Assuming he was armed and fixing his clothes, then the police likely weren't wrong for this.

Leave African-Americans out of it. He's not African-American and his family is not either. He wanted to play badman and so this is what happened. The cops in Jamaican or Guyana would have shot him the same way.
The OP brought race into it already by referring to Amerikkka.

Now we find out that the "kid" had prior felonies and whose friends admit that he'd been packing heat.

I agree with you, I wish it hadn't been made racial but the usual suspects ALWAYS make it racial.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:19 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I'm sorry, but I don't believe this story the way the cops tell it. No kid is that stupid. A witness says the kid was running away saying "stop it stop it".
Maybe the kid had a gun, nobody else seems aware that he had one, but pointing it at the cops is what I find hard to believe. Plus his rap sheet is rather far fetched, inciting a riot? hmmmm
They should have attempted any other means first, before shooting. No "drop it", no tazer, no stop or I'll shoot. I'm not totally buying this. There must be a camera around somewhere.

Police sources said Gray has four prior arrests, including charges of grand larceny, possession of stolen property and inciting a riot.

Read more: Teen fatally shot by police in Brooklyn Saturday night after pointing gun at a pair of plain-clothes cops, NYPD says - NY Daily News
His 2 friends with him stated that he had a gun but they were unaware he did until it went down.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:21 AM

799 posts, read 1,095,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
You know, if you hate red, white and blue so much, feel free to pack your things and leave. And take your friends with you.
I'd rather not, seeing as my people built this country and their blood was spilled on this land, I don't support anything red, white and blue. Red black green and gold are the colors of my people, but hey haters gonna hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
Notice I used the word "If".

If you're going to play neighborhood toughguy and walk around with a loaded handgun, I don't care if you're 16 or 6, you're going to get shot. Either by the police, or another punk kid. End of story.
You have to be a sick savage to see kids killed and justify it,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Why would he need a gun in the first place?
There's no point in me telling you the reason because you won't understand the half of it, you'll say something along the lines of "he deserves it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Mr. Gray’s sister, Mahnefah Gray, 19, said that a witness to the shooting told her that her brother had been fixing his belt when he was shot. She, among others who knew Mr. Gray, said they had never known him to have a gun. Even if he had one on Saturday night, he would not have pointed it at police officers, Ms. Gray said.

Not factual , just presumption. A recent self defense shooting here in MI , where a 16 year old was shot had the perp's Mother on the news swearing up and down that her son was a good kid and never had a gun. The video surveillance tape show otherwise.

If he did have a gun and pulled it on the cops well then it was a mistake he will never again make. It's simple , don't pull guns on the police and you won't end up with holes in you.
The cops presumed he was reaching for the gun and lied to the media and said he pointed at them, according to witnesses. But tell me how witnesses are less factual than officers? Your showing no empathy for the mother or family of this young man.

They just had their child taken from them by the same people who are suppose to protect and serve but its obvious that is not the case and did not include Afrikan-born Amerikkkans.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:22 AM

Quote:

Now we find out that the "kid" had prior felonies and whose friends admit that he'd been packing heat.

I agree with you, I wish it hadn't been made racial but the usual suspects ALWAYS make it racial.
What friends admitted he was packing a gun? I missed that.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:22 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Quote:

Understood but my comment does not address so-called race. I said he is not African-American. As the article pointed out, he is of Jamaican/Guyanese descent, who can be of any so-called race.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
His 2 friends with him stated that he had a gun but they were unaware he did until it went down.
show me

Old 03-11-2013, 11:25 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:

Read more: Teen fatally shot by police in Brooklyn Saturday night after pointing gun at a pair of plain-clothes cops, NYPD says - NY Daily News
uh.. did you read your headline?

Quote:
pointing gun at a pair of plain-clothes cops

Old 03-11-2013, 11:25 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,040,652 times
Quote:

Young kids do stupid things all the time. So, yes, kids are that stupid. What do you mean no kid is that stupid?

Old 03-11-2013, 11:27 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post

Police say that Kimani Gray pointed a gun at them at which they proceeded to fire at him, witnesses say they did not see a gun and said they heard Gray say "Please, don't let me die" they responded "Stay down or we'll shoot you again."

Just put yourself is this young man shoes and see how it may feel to hear that as one of the last things said to you. I'm sick and tired of these cops getting off with killing our youth and not having any severe consequences for their actions, except a slap on the wrist.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/11/ny...ice.html?_r=1&

Police are not elected officials. They are hired guns to protect the money & elite in the city, by all means.
Their unions and internal affairs, don't allow them to be held accountable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies