U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 08:03 PM

62,634 posts, read 34,138,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
the presidents race has many more factors than just L vs C
It summarizes the issues into one. People who lean conservative practically never vote for a Dem over a Repub,

Quote:
any one for same gender "marriage" is a liberal.
If there are 10 issues, and they are conservative on 9, but liberal on gay marriage, then 9 out of 10 makes them conervative

Quote:
I don't care what they call themselves
I see that a lot on CD. People like to declare what other posters are even if the poster says otherwise.

Quote:
that's irrelevant to the point I was saying.
What you are saying is irrelevant to the topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 08:13 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,367 posts, read 8,560,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It summarizes the issues into one. People who lean conservative practically never vote for a Dem over a Repub,

If there are 10 issues, and they are conservative on 9, but liberal on gay marriage, then 9 out of 10 makes them conervative

I see that a lot on CD. People like to declare what other posters are even if the poster says otherwise.

What you are saying is irrelevant to the topic.
Exactly right. Until we have a parliamentary-style guvmint, made up of the "social conservative party", the "constitutional conservative party", the "fiscal conservative party", etc., all this goofy RW "hairsplitting" is basically irrelevant.

BTW, interesting that the aggregate wealth of the "most lib-rul cities" could obviously buy the most conservative ones several times over!

Old 03-13-2013, 08:25 PM

29,125 posts, read 21,963,098 times
Orange, CA is conservative?

I worked there for five years and couldn't wait to get back home to L.A. County.

Seemed like I was surrounded by Democrats.

Orange sure seemed liberal to me, then again, the city spans a big area - maybe I worked in the wrong part of town.

I did like visting the Orange Circle, and any 19th century architecture buff needs to visit Orange to see the period houses.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:34 PM

62,634 posts, read 34,138,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

I worked there for five years and couldn't wait to get back home to L.A. County.

Orange sure seemed liberal to me, then again, the city spans a big area - maybe I worked in the wrong part of town.

I did like visting the Orange Circle, and any 19th century architecture buff needs to visit Orange to see the period houses.
I was surprised about Hialeah, FL being on #4 spot, because it is a minority city where a large percentage of population are on welfare, and crime is high, and no one speaks English.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
I was surprised about Hialeah, FL being on #4 spot, because it is a minority city where a large percentage of population are on welfare, and crime is high.
Orange isn't far from Santa Ana, which is the biggest city in the United States with the least "green space'(parks or trees).

It also is home to a large illegal immigrant population, has been led by Mayor Miguel Pulido for nearly 20 years, and is heavily Democratic.

It is also the heart of supposedly "conservative" Orange County - and among the two best places in the U.S.A to find authentic Mexican taco trucks - the other being Seattle, Washington(home of the most diverse zip code in the U.S.A). http://southseattle.komonews.com/new...se-zip-code-us

Old 03-13-2013, 08:56 PM

1,127 posts, read 771,467 times
I know quite a few conservatives who voted for Obama. Not hardcore right wing, but run of the mill mainstream conservatives.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:57 PM

1,127 posts, read 771,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

Mussolini is liberal according to you.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
I know quite a few conservatives who voted for Obama. Not hardcore right wing, but run of the mill mainstream conservatives.
RINO's.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:34 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,008,056 times
Quote:
not black's and most Hispanics, which is why the numbers are screwed.

Quote:
not in my book

Quote:
words have definitions if I think I'm a airplane it doesn't make me one

Old 03-14-2013, 07:15 AM

21,622 posts, read 11,075,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Well, Cape Coral, FL was on my list of places to consider moving to later this year. It just came off my list.
So happy for you.. keep the liberals out and bring in more conservatives..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies