Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 02:33 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,225,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Not on the conservative side anyways.

My guess they will take a carry outside the home case in the next term and that should give us a ruling some time next June. Hopefully they will establish strict scrutiny for the 2nd ammendment like the other enumerated rights
http://content.csbs.utah.edu/~dlevin...ny%20table.pdf
What judges support more than a weapons ban anyway?

I thought Judges were more conservative in general....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 02:33 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,819,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I made a thread about that, but someone said that it might be difficult to figure out if a law is unconstitutional or not, and that's why we have the Supreme Court.
Some areas that might be true, but she talks of complete handgun bans like they would be legal when Heller has already decided that not to be true. It is one thing to work in the gray area but that has already been decided.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:35 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,209 times
Quote:
Thankfully, SCOTUS disagrees with her. Elected officials should be punished for proposing laws that are unconstitutional.
How about we just shoot them... With handguns!

Old 03-11-2013, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
How about we just shoot them... With handguns!
Or maybe something saying all proposed laws must get some sort of legal review for legality prior to being brought to a vote, maybe some sort of sliding scale between 1-5 with 1 being completely legal and 5 being completely illegal. I don't know.

Ironically, a law like stated above would probably be unconstitutional.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:43 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,209 times
Quote:
Or maybe something saying all proposed laws must get some sort of legal review for legality prior to being brought to a vote, maybe some sort of sliding scale between 1-5 with 1 being completely legal and 5 being completely illegal. I don't know.

Ironically, a law like stated above would probably be unconstitutional.
Ok, for a '1' we pass the law. For a '5' we shoot them. Maybe a '3' would only warrant a flesh wound?

Old 03-11-2013, 05:04 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
All I need is an address and an itinerary.
Freedom must be restored.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
All I need is an address and an itinerary.
Freedom must be restored.
Things like this don't do gun owners any favors.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:12 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,035,382 times
Some of you like to jump on others for saying they would never do that and yada yada. Well here is proof that this is exactly what some of them want to do. It is no shock to most of us, but it certainly validates are views. If they could do so, they would. Highly unlikely they could ever get it that far, but I cant imagine its impossible that they would ever try. They take any accident, incident, crisis to use to push their agenda.

Say they succeed with an "assault" weapons ban. Then, when that clearly doesnt put a damper on the killings, they will reach further after the next few mass killings.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:01 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post

Rep. Jan Schakowsky: Assault Weapons ban 'Just the Beginning' - YouTube

This cancerous creature clearly doesnt care about Constitution or the rights of the American people.

She belongs in prison for the rest of her pathetic life.

just the beginning?

this just shows that sensible gun control laws is not the end of their gun control, in fact it has been in play since before 1934 and will continue until only they and the government will have the only firearms. then the rest of the Constitution will mean nothing then at all.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:07 PM

19,023 posts, read 14,198,297 times
Either you have a "right to life" and thus the power to defend that life from attack - BY ANY WEAPON you choose.
OR
You only have a "privilege to live" and thus need permission from government to defend yourself.

Where do these public servants get the idea that they are the "masters" and can disarm the people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies