U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-12-2013, 01:09 AM
 
50,046 posts, read 26,520,803 times
Reputation: 15634

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
What a joke. All your previous posts you speak for the black population and here you "speculate".
Not on all of my posts. But the fact remains that I'm better suited to speak for black people THAN YOU! And that's all you need to know. You can't speak with any accuracy about what blacks think at all.

If I know for sure, I'll say so. If I don't know, then I'll speculate. But you can ONLY speculate because you're clueless. At least when i speculate, I'm at least somewhat accurate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Do the black people who DO complain about this ever stop to think that maybe the people he has appointed are more qualified than the black candidates that were up for the position? Bet it never even dawned on them because they think he should do what they did, elect/nominate/appoint them because they are black, and for no other reason other than that.

If the white guy is better suited for the position, HE should have the job. If the black guy is more suited for the position, HE should have the job. It's as simple as that. Same for men vs. women. Diversity for diversities sake has no place in Government.
The buy below you just shows how ridiculous your post is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I'd agree but if the black guy does it then it's acceptable, if the white guy does it then it's racism.
You're contradicting the very post that you're supposedly supporting.

He says that the blacks are complaining, and you're mad that they AREN'T complaining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-12-2013, 01:10 AM
 
29,419 posts, read 18,678,568 times
Reputation: 5437
What the usual swooners don't seem to understand is it's the CBC who is raising a stink about this. You see even Obama is racist in their eyes. So who is the real problem in this entire equation?? I guess that is too hard for folks scrambling around trying to blame republicans and Bush for everything when the real problem is right in front of their faces but they are too blind to see. Not a shock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2013, 01:12 AM
 
29,419 posts, read 18,678,568 times
Reputation: 5437
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
I don't think we conservatives should be promoting the whole racism thing. I know you're doing it to get back at liberals, but in my opinion it just plays into their games.
I'm not promoting anything other than what the CBC is saying. Do you have a problem with the CBC? I dare hope you don't because that would mean your most likely racist. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2013, 01:25 AM
 
50,046 posts, read 26,520,803 times
Reputation: 15634
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Once again the word "diversity" is proven to be the liberals' racist code word for "no white people allowed". As if white folk don't contribute to the diversity of racial makeup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
What the usual swooners don't seem to understand is it's the CBC who is raising a stink about this. You see even Obama is racist in their eyes. So who is the real problem in this entire equation?? I guess that is too hard for folks scrambling around trying to blame republicans and Bush for everything when the real problem is right in front of their faces but they are too blind to see. Not a shock.
See what I mean? Why can't you white conservatives ever be happy? You hate diversity as it is, but you're so full of vitriol that the lack of diversity is making you angry when its something that you normally desire.

You guys can't make up your minds. He hires all of these white appointees, and you're MORE p*ssed off than you'd be had he just went out and hired a bunch of blacks to fill half the cabinet spots.

You guys are deranged...really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2013, 01:29 AM
 
1,163 posts, read 1,198,614 times
Reputation: 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
There would have been one more, Susan Rice, if it wasn't for the right wing hatchet job on her over Benghazi.
She shouldn't have blatantly lied for the administration on so many TV programs. When you fall on your sword for the emperor, you only get to do it once because now you're dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2013, 01:44 AM
 
Location: Too far from home.
8,743 posts, read 5,762,276 times
Reputation: 2361
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Not on all of my posts. But the fact remains that I'm better suited to speak for black people THAN YOU! And that's all you need to know. You can't speak with any accuracy about what blacks think at all.
If what you say about you being better suited to speak for black people than me, then I'm better suited to speak for white people than you. So stop talking about white people as if you know all about them.

Because you are black qualifies you on all things black? I guess the black people I have spoken with and those I consider good friends don't know what they are talking about when it comes to their own experiences, their own opinions, racism - unlike you. I guarantee you that what I have forgotten about the civil rights movement you have yet to learn.

Speak from you OWN personal experience, don't speak for all. Fortunately those who share their experiences and opinions with me are rational, educated individuals who aren't angry like you, but passionate. They also appreciate someone who has a sincere interest, not a fleeting curiosity. It might help you to understand that when rational people speak they are heard, it's the irrational, angry, full of attitude people who yell that don't get heard. Stop yelling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2013, 02:20 AM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,850,582 times
Reputation: 6453
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
If what you say about you being better suited to speak for black people than me, then I'm better suited to speak for white people than you. So stop talking about white people as if you know all about them.

Because you are black qualifies you on all things black? I guess the black people I have spoken with and those I consider good friends don't know what they are talking about when it comes to their own experiences, their own opinions, racism - unlike you. I guarantee you that what I have forgotten about the civil rights movement you have yet to learn.

Speak from you OWN personal experience, don't speak for all. Fortunately those who share their experiences and opinions with me are rational, educated individuals who aren't angry like you, but passionate. They also appreciate someone who has a sincere interest, not a fleeting curiosity. It might help you to understand that when rational people speak they are heard, it's the irrational, angry, full of attitude people who yell that don't get heard. Stop yelling.

I have to agree with you, and we must have the same black friends, or the ones we have who are educated, must think alike.

First they harbor no resentment towards anyone or any race. And they too have experiences they have shared with me. They too are rational, highly educated sucessful individuals, with high positions or have their own business.

They are not angry people at all, but embrace what life has to offer and it's challenges. And confront the challenges head on. I think i have learned to be stronger from them.

And yes we are such good friends that we can talk about anything, the good and the bad.

I will tell you this, all blacks do not think or act the same way, as all white's do not think or act the same way. No one person can ever speak for a whole race, they may think they can, but they are full of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2013, 02:44 AM
 
Location: texas
9,138 posts, read 6,733,349 times
Reputation: 2374
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why in the hell should the CBC let whites in their caucus? Do the other minority caucuses let white folks in?
So wouldn't they just be the C_C...?

How 'bout the NAA_P?

or _ET TV ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2013, 03:10 AM
 
Location: My little patch of Earth
6,193 posts, read 4,553,991 times
Reputation: 3046
Am I racist because I like chocolate milk with my oreo's?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2013, 03:21 AM
 
Location: Too far from home.
8,743 posts, read 5,762,276 times
Reputation: 2361
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I have to agree with you, and we must have the same black friends, or the ones we have who are educated, must think alike.

First they harbor no resentment towards anyone or any race. And they too have experiences they have shared with me. They too are rational, highly educated sucessful individuals, with high positions or have their own business.

They are not angry people at all, but embrace what life has to offer and it's challenges. And confront the challenges head on. I think i have learned to be stronger from them.

And yes we are such good friends that we can talk about anything, the good and the bad.

I will tell you this, all blacks do not think or act the same way, as all white's do not think or act the same way. No one person can ever speak for a whole race, they may think they can, but they are full of it.
Nice to know that we can learn from each other by discussing "taboo" subjects. Good conversation gives insight to things that have never affected us as individuals either directly or indirectly, and the affect it has on those who did have the experience. It's important to take each individual for who they are. Unfortunately angry people who have "issues" tend to use a wide brush and paint everyone the same.

I like ALL of my friends and chose them carefully and enjoyed conversations with acqaintances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top