Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 12:04 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,870,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Not on all of my posts. But the fact remains that I'm better suited to speak for black people THAN YOU! And that's all you need to know. You can't speak with any accuracy about what blacks think at all.

If I know for sure, I'll say so. If I don't know, then I'll speculate. But you can ONLY speculate because you're clueless. At least when i speculate, I'm at least somewhat accurate.
Quote:

The buy below you just shows how ridiculous your post is.
You're contradicting the very post that you're supposedly supporting.

He says that the blacks are complaining, and you're mad that they AREN'T complaining.
\

It's ridiculous to believe that the guy best suited for the job should get it, no matter his skin color????????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2013, 12:19 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,122,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
\

It's ridiculous to believe that the guy best suited for the job should get it, no matter his skin color????????????
No, it's stupid to act as if you're advancing a fresh idea as if the overwhelming majority of people don't already agree with it in principle. The most qualified person should get the job....DUUUUUUHH!!! What's revolutionary about that idea?

That's not the point of this thread. The same people who supposedly believes in the whole "best qualified" thing seemingly thinks that only white males are qualified, and if anyone else besides a white males gets the nod, then it can't possibly be because they're qualified. No...something else has to be going on.

Then on the other side, they're angry because Obama is hiring the best qualified people regardless of race, and blacks aren't angry enough about it to make them happy. But like I said, if the blacks get angry, then we'll be labeled as malcontents.

This is a prime opportunity to call this ordeal "progress" by having a black president hiring a mostly white cabinet (the cabinet would be mostly white anyway), but instead, they wanna use it as an opportunity to race bait over nothing.

The CBC is the only group doing any complaining, and most blacks don't seem to care. So why is that a bad thing to conservative whites all of a sudden?

Old 03-12-2013, 01:11 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,969,904 times
Quote:
See what I mean? Why can't you white conservatives ever be happy? You hate diversity as it is, but you're so full of vitriol that the lack of diversity is making you angry when its something that you normally desire.

You guys can't make up your minds. He hires all of these white appointees, and you're MORE p*ssed off than you'd be had he just went out and hired a bunch of blacks to fill half the cabinet spots.

You guys are deranged...really.
I'm always happy. It's the CBC who isn't happy. I guess you can't see that though. Go back and read the origional link.

Old 03-12-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
i tend to agree with desert detroiter in regards to the fact that most of the whites responding in this thread would be whining if obama nominated some blacks, yet pretend to be offended when he doesn't make a non white appointment.

i know that white male conservatives are the biggest race baiters of them all.

like desert said, this is a game with these whites.

i have other things to do.
I guess we will have to wait and find out won't we??? lol

Old 03-12-2013, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Because the CBC was the OP's smokescreen, and nearly everyone spotted it right from the beginning.

He now cares what the CBC thinks? Since when?

There are 30 million black people in this country. How many people are in the CBC? Does the CBC even represent (in the electoral sense) most African Americans?

If the CBC speaks out as a group on foreign policy issues, do you give their opinions the same preponderance as you do when they say something about race? Hell no you don't.

So why is THIS opinion so important?

Presidential cabinets have been pretty diverse over the last 25 years or so...this isn't even an issue with most blacks. So why is the OP so mad? Well its simple: in his mind, Obama is allowed to nominate MORE white people than a white president can nominate, compounded by the idea that blacks aren't angry enough for his taste over the issue. He'll only be happy if we take to the streets in protest...that way, he'll get the bonus of being able to call us whiners when we do. He wants it both ways.

Frankly, I don't give a damn what the CBC thinks about the issue. None of them come from my district anyway. They're just expressing an opinion...the same as any other congressman.

The man at the top making the big decisions is black...that's enough for me.
Not a smokescreen I'm pointing out their racism. They don't want who the president thinks is the best candidate they want a black person period. You obviously don't understand and most likely never will.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:07 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,122,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Not a smokescreen I'm pointing out their racism. They don't want who the president thinks is the best candidate they want a black person period. You obviously don't understand and most likely never will.
Nah. This was never about the CBC. It was always about you.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:46 PM

I'm not the one who is crying about it the CBC is. Take your beef up with them.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:54 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,466,872 times
Quote:
I'm not the one who is crying about it the CBC is. Take your beef up with them.
Then why are you making a thread about it if it doesn't bother you?

Old 03-12-2013, 02:58 PM

To point out the hypocrisy of some folks. You haven't disappointed either.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:37 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,466,872 times
Quote:
To point out the hypocrisy of some folks. You haven't disappointed either.
How so, you complain about Obama not putting enough black people in his cabinet and you complain about Obama nominating too many non-white federal judges. I think you should be the last person slinging the word hypocrite around here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies