U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-13-2013, 10:19 AM
 
Location: Too far from home.
8,743 posts, read 5,780,751 times
Reputation: 2361

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Calm down. It ain't that serious.

I mean, i "hate you because of what i think you represent?"

Hell, i don't even know what you represent. Take a chill pill.
You might want to follow you own advice. Take two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-13-2013, 10:24 AM
 
Location: 77441
3,161 posts, read 3,828,257 times
Reputation: 2303
obama being black makes him overqualifed to say there are no qualifed blacks in government :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2013, 10:29 AM
 
50,721 posts, read 26,752,776 times
Reputation: 15878
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
You might want to follow you own advice. Take two.
Ok...then i'll take two.

LMAO @ the notion of hating you. Hell, i've never even seen you around here until yesterday.

That's awfully soon to start hating someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2013, 10:59 AM
 
Location: Maryland
18,624 posts, read 16,437,944 times
Reputation: 6348
So basically Obama can't find Black people who meet his qualifications.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nah...just truthful. Which is why you didn't bother trying to dispute anything i said.

You do care what race they are first of all.

Secondly, there are few people of any race ready to run a government bureaucracy the size of most of these cabinet level departments. But then, i don't know what qualifies someone to be the Secretary of Transportation. What are the qualifications, since you seem to know so much about what constitutes "qualifications."

The criteria is obviously subjective depending on who the president is. In other words, there are no standard qualifications for these jobs.

Geez...more nonsense.

First of all, you didn't hear a lot of blacks say anything, let alone complaints about what Obama did and didn't do.

Moreover, i doubt anyone will be providing you a list of anything...mostly because the premise of your argument is specious to begin with. No one ever told you that they were dissatisfied, so there'd be no reason to provide a list.

And even if they did have a list, why would they present it to you?


Prove that Obama is about equal outcomes.

Trying to find qualified black candidates would be easy in the scenario that you're dreaming up because the president determines the qualifications for his cabinet positions. There are no standard qualifications for cabinet positions. The president can nominate whomever he likes. He's free to determine the outcomes of positions that are directly under his purview to fill.

So you're not making sense. It's contradictory.

I've never made you out to be the Limbaugh type, but i see where your radio is tuned for 4 hours a day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2013, 11:46 AM
 
50,721 posts, read 26,752,776 times
Reputation: 15878
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
So basically Obama can't find Black people who meet his qualifications.
That's a silly conclusion. I'm having Tacos for lunch today instead of steak. Therefore steak doesn't taste good?

No...I want tacos...that's all. That says nothing about my love of steak.

Obama wants who he wants. Who says that he has to want a black person?

Again, there are no qualifications for these jobs outside of the president simply liking you for whatever reasons. Those reasons can be substantive or specious. I don't know, and neither do you.

What are the qualifications for CIA Director? The president is free to be as arbitrary and capricious as he wants to be in making that choice and you wouldn't be the wiser.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2013, 11:56 AM
 
29,419 posts, read 18,738,345 times
Reputation: 5437
The CBC says he has to want a black person. Didn't your read the original link??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2013, 12:10 PM
 
Location: Too far from home.
8,743 posts, read 5,780,751 times
Reputation: 2361
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Ok...then i'll take two.

LMAO @ the notion of hating you. Hell, i've never even seen you around here until yesterday.

That's awfully soon to start hating someone.
Liar, liar, pants on fire. Typical democrat. Tell yourself all the stories you want and believe what you want, in spite of the fact that you know otherwise.

Let me help you out. Taken from your post to me:

Quote:
You're confused. Hating people like you and hating all white people simply isn't the same thing. Don't equate the two.
I guess you are so busy being confrontational with so many people it must be hard to keep track - and you certainly have quite a track record!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2013, 01:40 PM
 
Location: Steeler Nation
6,868 posts, read 3,947,393 times
Reputation: 1596
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Liar, liar, pants on fire. Typical democrat. Tell yourself all the stories you want and believe what you want, in spite of the fact that you know otherwise.

Let me help you out. Taken from your post to me:



I guess you are so busy being confrontational with so many people it must be hard to keep track - and you certainly have quite a track record!!!
He seems to argue with out even addressing the topic of ones post, just rambles on saying how right he is and how wrong you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2013, 01:59 PM
 
7,371 posts, read 4,640,144 times
Reputation: 3133
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
When President Obama tried to appoint Susan Rice, the right went ape $#!%
So the right was fine with Condoleezza Rice who was black but they opposed Susan Rice for the same position because she was black? That argument holds no water. Especially considering there was the matter of her participating in a proven cover-up. That's as ridiculous as Jim Clyburn saying it was racist to call her incompetent.

Quote:
it is funny how you conservatives continue to comment on the amount of black people in his cabinet while continuing to make the argument that he himself is only in his position because of his race, and what happened to picking the best person based on the experience and character ????
I agree with that. Hypocrisy isn't pretty. Conservatives should not be pulling out the race card at the same time as they are complaining about liberals pulling out the race card.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2013, 02:01 PM
 
29,419 posts, read 18,738,345 times
Reputation: 5437
The CBC is pulling the race card if you read the origional post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:08 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top