Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2013, 12:22 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,093,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
So in Bailey's case, if it is determined that the boys who attacked him caused the brain damage that killed him, you would just let them off with no repercussions?
Do you even read the actual posts in the thread? I did not ever say that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2013, 01:29 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,630,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Because this was a white kid attacked and killed by black kids, the kids who killed him were just given a short school suspension and that's the end of it.
If we let a child be beaten to death in a school yard, and the perpetrators go free, then there is no justice.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:43 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,969,904 times
People kill folks and go free every day. Look at Obama for example.

Old 03-15-2013, 06:21 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,570,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
If we let a child be beaten to death in a school yard, and the perpetrators go free, then there is no justice.
But that's exactly what happened. You won't see the mass media pretending to care about this poor kid. He was beaten to death, 2 against one and they never gave the poor little guy a chance.

Old 03-15-2013, 07:08 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,488,745 times
Quote:
But that's exactly what happened. You won't see the mass media pretending to care about this poor kid. He was beaten to death, 2 against one and they never gave the poor little guy a chance.
Beaten to death ? Can you come up with a more emotionally charged way of putting what happened.

He was apparently punched in the nose. A freakishly rare result is death. What do you gain by portraying this as 2 kids pummeling the boy until he dies.

Old 03-16-2013, 03:28 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,570,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Beaten to death ? Can you come up with a more emotionally charged way of putting what happened.

He was apparently punched in the nose. A freakishly rare result is death. What do you gain by portraying this as 2 kids pummeling the boy until he dies.
A punch in the nose doesn't lead to concussion. There were two kids who assaulted this poor kid who didn't put up a fight and only wanted to be left alone. They slammed him to the ground and continued beating him which is what caused his head injuries.

Old 03-16-2013, 03:51 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,454,005 times
He was hit and fell, hitting his head. He went home. A week and a half later he slipped into a coma and died because he was taken off life support.

He was not "beaten to death"

Old 03-16-2013, 08:31 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,630,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
He was hit and fell, hitting his head. He went home. A week and a half later he slipped into a coma and died because he was taken off life support.

He was not "beaten to death"
Since he was beaten, and sustained a head injury that eventually lead to his death, then he was indeed beaten to death in my opinion.

Some of you are acting like there was no medical diagnosis. After the fight he began to show signs of head injury. He began to feel ill, lost his appetite, and was drowsy. His parents did take him to the doctor. And he was diagnosed with a concussion (and a broken nose.) Those facts are not in dispute. I mean, it's not that hard. It's cause and effect.

ATTACK===>broken nose & concussion===>worsening of condition===> DEATH

Old 03-16-2013, 09:04 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,488,745 times
Quote:
A punch in the nose doesn't lead to concussion. There were two kids who assaulted this poor kid who didn't put up a fight and only wanted to be left alone. They slammed him to the ground and continued beating him which is what caused his head injuries.
Do you have all those details about what happened from a police report, eyewitnesses, or a vivid imagination ?

Old 03-16-2013, 09:39 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,466,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Probably. I also would have taken my son to the ER right after it happened, not wait a week or two to do so. Hits to the head have to be taken seriously. And we still have no evidence that there was some kind of bullying pattern that led to this. I will be teaching both my kids to fight back anyway, so maybe they would be better off than this kid. My kids also will not be in public school so the chances of this happening drop considerably.
Maybe your child would have been better off; maybe not. When one is outnumbered - it doesn't necessarily matter how good of a 'fighter' you are.

Also, some of the WORST incidents of bullying (not necessarily death) occur at private schools. It might make you feel better to think this couldn't happen to YOUR kid, but it could.

Since we're all about personal responsibility - how bout the two perpetrators take some responsibility?

I doubt that their intent was to kill this young boy; but, unfortunately for ALL - that is what happened.

I can tell you if this was my dead child; I would be making life miserable for all concerned. The kids, their parents, the school, pretty much anyone involved would probably be on the receiving end of a big, fat, lawsuit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies