Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 09:24 AM

52,309 posts, read 34,040,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Do you have a link to that report that he had seizures prior to the attack?
i haven't seen anything like that, either.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2013, 09:24 AM

13,715 posts, read 31,050,519 times
Quote:
The perpetrators should be charged with manslaughter or second-degree murder or whatever is the appropriate charge, and be sent to juvenile justice.
It should be investigated. Based on the results of the investigation, charges of some kind may be appropriate, considering they are juveniles. But you are jumping the gun, based on the news stories you read.

The most high profile incident in years - Sandy Hook - was riddled with gigantic errors in the initial news reports. Let's get facts.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:41 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,154,759 times
Some of you people need help. Honestly. I don't know what the deal is that some of you seem to have no problem w/bullying, to the point where you allude that it wasn't those kids fault for the death of this boy. These are the same people incessantly harping about taking responsibility for yourself. There is no justification for bullying. EVER. There is no justification for two kids beating up one kid. EVER. You need to take a look at yourself if you have no problem w/crap like this going on. Maybe you should think about those parents. Maybe you should think if you were the parents. I'm SURE you would shrug & say oh well, I don't blame those kids who beat my child up & killed him. After all, boys will be boys!

Sad state of affairs that some people will continually blame the victim.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:48 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,000,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Some of you people need help. Honestly. I don't know what the deal is that some of you seem to have no problem w/bullying, to the point where you allude that it wasn't those kids fault for the death of this boy. These are the same people incessantly harping about taking responsibility for yourself. There is no justification for bullying. EVER. There is no justification for two kids beating up one kid. EVER. You need to take a look at yourself if you have no problem w/crap like this going on. Maybe you should think about those parents. Maybe you should think if you were the parents. I'm SURE you would shrug & say oh well, I don't blame those kids who beat my child up & killed him. After all, boys will be boys!

Sad state of affairs that some people will continually blame the victim.

I agree...so little respect for human life, particularly women and children.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:54 AM

19,414 posts, read 12,063,202 times
Quote:
Good for you That happens all the time. The victim is treated as harshly as the bully.

There is a scene in the documentary "Bully" in which the principal forces two kids who had been fighting to shake hands. The bully gladly extends his hand, and his victim doesn't want to shake it, because he knows it's just a show for the teacher's benefit. She lets the bully go, and stops to admonish and lecture the victim, who is now in tears, about how harsh he is being on the bully.
I saw that. Crazy. She told the victim if he didn't forgive the bully he was just as bad as the bully! How cruel. They really think they are helping with this attitude?

Old 03-12-2013, 09:55 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,154,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
I agree...so little respect for human life, particularly women and children.
I've seen this if someone commits suicide after being relentlessly bullied. Typical response: bullying happens, they need to toughen up. That is in essence condoning bullying.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:58 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,708,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Schoolyard fights are now called "bullying" ?

The article didn't say anything about him being bullied by the other boy.
:::applause::: So you're all for bullying and ganging up two against one, huh?

Old 03-12-2013, 09:59 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,412,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
We don't charge even adults with 1st degree murder if someone dies from a garden variety assault. These boys had no intention to kill him, at best this was a freak accident.
It might have been just a schoolyard fight - but once someone dies - things change. Yes, these boys could be charged IF there is determined to be a medical relationship between the fight and the death.

Of course, no one anticipates these tragic outcomes - but, trust me, once they happen - the legal ball will start rolling.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:01 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,467,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Two kids killing another kid is not a "schoolyard fight". What is society coming to???
There was absolutely no intent of death! Death only happened weeks later. Freak accident.

Quote:
thank you.

And it was also 2 against 1.
And still, you dont know what the the two attackers story is yet, do you? It was 2 against one, but is there a reason for it? We will see.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:04 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,708,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Boys are going to fight. I would say it's more of and accident.
Boys are going to fight? Or you LIKE boys to fight?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies